Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 443145 times)

Bignate3002

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #900 on: November 12, 2016, 11:21:35 am »

I once noticed a emu corpse in the fort church the second I noticed it a dwarven child in the same room became possessed *?!)ing emu ghosts man

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: November 12, 2016, 12:00:47 pm »

There are stories of dwarves arriving with no leg(s) and no crutch, who simply fall over upon reaching the map.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 12, 2016, 12:27:01 pm »

Something that happened to me a long time ago (i dont have exact words)

npc animal guy talking to other animal guy:
In a time before time i fought myself.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 12, 2016, 01:05:55 pm »

Something that happened to me a long time ago (i dont have exact words)

npc animal guy talking to other animal guy:
In a time before time i fought myself.
I think this bug has since been fixed.  It came up when an NPC tried to refer to a non-historical (or culled historical) figure.  So read it as "[Sometime before year 1] I fought [some unimportant dude]."
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

BlackBronze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 12, 2016, 01:39:56 pm »

I was playing adventure mode when I got a mission to head to a fortress to kill a roc, only to find that this particular fortress had spawned deep in the center of a mountain range, far from any non-mountain square of land. I decided to retire and switch modes to reclaim it.
I don't even know how it spawned. It's the first time I've ever played in a fortress that is solely in a mountain biome. just to experiment, I tried embarking right next to it, but like expected the game deemed it illegal because it needed a non-mountain square. The funny part is that I still have access to every other civ still.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #905 on: November 12, 2016, 02:30:03 pm »

tunnels?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 13, 2016, 03:21:52 am »

Even without a meeting area or any zones designated, a dwarf can fulfil arguing, troublemaking and spending time with people needs.

However, in a tavern zone they can further fulfil merry-making, excitement, skill-using, excitement, business, art-admiring and even learning needs.

Staying in a tavern, they may keep practising green jobs in it rather than go for the purple jobs they need in temple, though.

Also, easily stressed dwarves can actually become stressed when drinking water, eating fish, and staying under the open sky around wagon for 5 years. But not so much other dwarves.

I have accomplished a hithertho-unseen (for me) level of unsafe in public transport

Multi-hit, though surprisingly rather "eh" blow.

Still had another lung, so walked it off.

Personality didn't mention being especially scaredy-cat, though.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 08:35:27 am by Fleeting Frames »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 13, 2016, 01:36:00 pm »

I've never seen ribs jammed through ribs before, and I've certainly never seen it chained like that.

ProtoZoa

• Bay Watcher
  • With AC-HE ammo
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 13, 2016, 03:49:45 pm »

A long time ago i was playin a fort and 2 guys were sparring:

Urist stabbed Urist in th left eye, tapping lightly

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 13, 2016, 03:53:21 pm »

@TheFlame52: And it was even 43.03! Imagine if it was 43.05, every one of those would cascade into 1-3 more hits.

Bignate3002

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 13, 2016, 05:29:47 pm »

A werelizard showed up turned into a elf the moment I get the alert (things have a tend to do that in Frostyclasped) then a miner farmer and fisherdwarf chased him down until he left the map presumably screaming "ACH YA BLOODY ELF GET THE HELL OUTTA ME LANDS"

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 14, 2016, 03:44:31 pm »

My elf carpenter is content to have finished up some work lately. Apparently once they gain citizenship they don't mind harming trees anymore.

It is possible to produce a legendary thrower in fort mode by locking them on top of a 1x1 pile of coins until they tantrum. The dwarf will probably collapse unconscious from exhaustion several times, and will gain happy thoughts from improving throwing and archery skill.

Cave-in dust is a surprisingly safe way to capture your own dwarves. It causes brief unconsciousness, which makes them vulnerable to cage traps. A dwarf tossed several blocks into the air while inside a cage trap doesn't seem to suffer any harm. This also separates mothers and children, allowing dwarven CPS to do its job if mom is an addict or a werebeast.

Caged dwarves are now brought water and food unlike past versions, and seem to have very few bad thoughts. Unstable or homicidal dwarves can be kept alive and mostly happy indefinitely in a cage.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 14, 2016, 10:56:19 pm »

As long as you have -any- cotton candy wafers, weaponsmiths that proc a strange mood -require- said wafers. That means you can't coerce them into making platinum war hammers or maces, even if you forbid all the wafers in your fort.

I just got an adamantine mace worth one million dwarf bucks... but I already know it'll be worthless in combat :<. Even better, it's called "The Calamitous Warrior," which is fitting because of how terrible it would be. I just feel so disappointed.

This means if you were wanting a platinum (or silver/gold/rose gold/electrum) blunt weapon, you're best off either making sure you get it early on in your fort's lifetime (before you start mining candy) or you ought to only smelt candy as you need it, at least until you get the artifact you wanted to get.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 15, 2016, 01:11:26 am »

This means if you were wanting a platinum (or silver/gold/rose gold/electrum) blunt weapon, you're best off either making sure you get it early on in your fort's lifetime (before you start mining candy) or you ought to only smelt candy as you need it, at least until you get the artifact you wanted to get.
You can keep it forbidden after you smelt it.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 15, 2016, 08:46:48 pm »

You can keep it forbidden after you smelt it.
They'll still want it, though. Forbidding just keeps them from claiming it.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 148