Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 442225 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #915 on: November 16, 2016, 02:57:08 am »

This means if you were wanting a platinum (or silver/gold/rose gold/electrum) blunt weapon, you're best off either making sure you get it early on in your fort's lifetime (before you start mining candy) or you ought to only smelt candy as you need it, at least until you get the artifact you wanted to get.
You can keep it forbidden after you smelt it.
They'll still want it, though. Forbidding just keeps them from claiming it.
Even if it's forbidden before the mood starts?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 16, 2016, 06:20:20 pm »

Yep. Even if you don't have any at all. If you have ever made adamantine in your fort, that's all your metalsmiths will work with.

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 16, 2016, 07:09:20 pm »

Yep. Even if you don't have any at all. If you have ever made adamantine in your fort, that's all your metalsmiths will work with.

no, i had a dwarf mood and i forbid all the adamantine in the fort (since he had a prefrence for low boots and mooded dwarves only make 1 boot so its next to useless) and he took some gold and made a golden low boot that menaced with spikes of lead and was studded with silver
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 16, 2016, 08:02:28 pm »

Metal crafter moods can come in several types.

1) any metal bar.  They will pick whatever is closest.
2) specific metal preferred, but limited to what has been made available.
3)gimmie my damned favorite material, or I will go berzerk on you all!

Toady has implemented safety checks to enable #3 only when it is theoretically satisfiable.  If that preference cannot be met, it defaults to type #2.  If at any point that material is available, they go #3 when they have mat prefs.

Means don't mine candy unless you are good and ready for it.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 17, 2016, 12:50:11 am »

The human diplomat and the outpost liaison arrived at the same time.
They met the mayor at the same time.
They spoke at the same time.

(The elven diplomat  was in the church because I removed the tavern.)

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 19, 2016, 05:44:40 pm »

When two civilizations are in war with each other, the tension shows even in visiting diplomats. A human law-giver and an elven diplomat have been locked in a messy spitting match for several weeks now, right in the middle of my tavern. Neither seems interested in doing any actual diplomacy while the other is in the fortress.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 19, 2016, 07:47:56 pm »

When two civilizations are in war with each other, the tension shows even in visiting diplomats. A human law-giver and an elven diplomat have been locked in a messy spitting match for several weeks now, right in the middle of my tavern. Neither seems interested in doing any actual diplomacy while the other is in the fortress.
Ha, I don't think this is trivial. It is a good feature. :P

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 19, 2016, 08:55:34 pm »

I discovered that copper blunt vs. zombies is worse than useless, despite the recent nerf to the latter.  Copper warhammers work decently enough against living targets, since the pain is enough to incapacitate.  However, because zombies feel no pain, you need near-constant headshots to detroy it.  So if you find yourself with only copper vs. undead, either hope for a stabbing attack with swords, or turtle up.  8 aspiring hammerdwarves perished to bring us this information :(

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 19, 2016, 10:36:37 pm »

I discovered that copper blunt vs. zombies is worse than useless, despite the recent nerf to the latter.  Copper warhammers work decently enough against living targets, since the pain is enough to incapacitate.  However, because zombies feel no pain, you need near-constant headshots to detroy it.  So if you find yourself with only copper vs. undead, either hope for a stabbing attack with swords, or turtle up.  8 aspiring hammerdwarves perished to bring us this information :(

maces work better against zombies, they have a higher chance to pulp than warhammers. and a pulped corpse is one that will stay dead.
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 19, 2016, 10:59:22 pm »

Oh I'm well aware, just that I made a Hammerdwarf squad before realizing my site had zombies.  The new recruits are sparring with ☼Silver Mace☼ :D

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 19, 2016, 11:05:16 pm »

Actually axe and sword kill zombies faster, that if they are not being reanimated.
Perhaps a squad mix with limb hackers and pulpers?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 19, 2016, 11:07:02 pm »

A dwarf can go from dabbling to Competent in biting in a single week-long prolonged demonstration taught by great teacher/adept biter, while being skilled student at the end of it.

That's surprisingly fast. I'd guess (from balance perspective) training trains attributes faster, but still.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 20, 2016, 02:25:09 pm »

Ha, I don't think this is trivial. It is a good feature. :P

Yes... actually it is. Since the hippie was too busy spitting at the long pork to nag me about their precious trees, I took the opportunity to let my woodcutters freely express themselves. Now I have enough lumber to last me for the next few decades.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 22, 2016, 10:44:14 am »

2 giant zombie kangaroos are stronger against 5 hammerdwarves wielding copper warhammers than 9 giant badger zombies.
I found this out after the 5 dwarves took out all 9 badgers with no causalities. I thought they could probably handle the 2 kangaroos. I was wrong. only one dwarf escaped with his life. and it was my last dwarf.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 22, 2016, 11:15:56 am »

Nah.

This

Was created before this
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 148