Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 443746 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #255 on: January 30, 2015, 03:36:28 pm »

Forgotten beast materials can be put in a refuse stockpile with everything forbidden.

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 30, 2015, 05:55:39 pm »

Animal trapping is the new fishing. (Got live cave fish in an animal trap.)

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 31, 2015, 06:08:30 am »

Animal trapping is the new fishing. (Got live cave fish in an animal trap.)

Once you breach cavern layer, crunddles start spawning on the surface? Same thing with creepy crawlers. Is this a bug?
Who's born in the fortress, die in the fortress

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 31, 2015, 06:39:20 am »

Not so much a finding as much as something I've noticed for a long time: river/lake/pool animals only spawn once, right when you first embark.  I've never seen otters or mink afterwards unless the elves bring them.  It feels like a bug, but considering how sadistic a game DF is, it's probably intentional.

Indeed. I've only seen mink once so far.

But they do respawn in rare case. I saw giant axolotl years after embark.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 31, 2015, 07:09:11 am »

Pics or it didn't happen ;P

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 31, 2015, 09:33:09 am »

Once you breach cavern layer, crunddles start spawning on the surface? Same thing with creepy crawlers. Is this a bug?

Are they crundles, or are they crundle recruits? The goblins (I think) keep sending crundles, cave crocodiles, animal men and giant cave spider recruits at my fortress (when I'm in adventurer mode).
()==[:::::::::::::>

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 31, 2015, 10:04:26 am »

Recruit tag means they a figures with a military function, but failed to avhieve any other namereqs.  i.e. have nio skills.

Crundles and GCS?  You modded your version?  Either way tge crundle militia amuses me and GCS terrifies me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 31, 2015, 12:01:48 pm »

Crundles and GCS?  You modded your version?  Either way tge crundle militia amuses me and GCS terrifies me.
I'm using the All Races Playable mod, and the Giant Cave Spider recruit was suitably lethal.

Goblins have [USE_CAVE_ANIMALS] and [USE_EVIL_ANIMALS]. Wouldn't that include Giant Cave Spiders?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 31, 2015, 12:41:40 pm »

I'm using the All Races Playable mod, and the Giant Cave Spider recruit was suitably lethal.

Goblins have [USE_CAVE_ANIMALS] and [USE_EVIL_ANIMALS]. Wouldn't that include Giant Cave Spiders?
I didn't think GCS were able to be brought along.  But I have yet to experience a 40.xx siege.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 31, 2015, 12:51:36 pm »

I didn't think GCS were able to be brought along.  But I have yet to experience a 40.xx siege.
Technically, these weren't sieges as I was in adventurer mode. The GCS recruit just paid a visit to my fortress and decided to kill my adventurer while it was there (along with a couple of other dwarves).

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 31, 2015, 12:57:01 pm »

Well, then they may not be involved with the goblins so much as been enemies of a (likely your) civ.
PKs DF Mod!

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 31, 2015, 01:07:40 pm »

Well, then they may not be involved with the goblins so much as been enemies of a (likely your) civ.
Would that get them a 'recruit' tag, though? [EDIT] Yes it would. I looked at the legends file, no goblin affiliation.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 03:20:16 pm by ptb_ptb »

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 31, 2015, 03:21:36 pm »

New trivial finding: Corpses can get impaled on spike traps. This turns them sort-of invisible, and unable to be dragged to the refuse pile. You can see them with "View i't'ems in building" and they still rot and release miasma.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 31, 2015, 03:48:07 pm »

New trivial finding: Corpses can get impaled on spike traps. This turns them sort-of invisible, and unable to be dragged to the refuse pile. You can see them with "View i't'ems in building" and they still rot and release miasma.
Not so trivial, bodies get stuck in traps and until a dwarf does the "clean trap" labor the trap is useless.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 31, 2015, 04:03:19 pm »

Not so trivial, bodies get stuck in traps and until a dwarf does the "clean trap" labor the trap is useless.
Do spike traps jam?  I almost exclusively use them for aesthetics.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 148