Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 443130 times)

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #1050 on: February 23, 2017, 07:38:43 pm »

Dwarves will try to clean magma (not magma 1/7, just magma), even if they are in a magma flood, making it extremely dangerousfun sometimes.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 05, 2017, 08:25:03 am »

River fish are terrified of 'dangerous terrain' water and will not leave for the opposite end of a river (which is the defined migration exit point) without it first being drained to 3/7'ths (which is of course dangerous to fish and they lose the capacity to swim meaning they never make it)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 05, 2017, 02:48:51 pm »

River fish are terrified of 'dangerous terrain' water and will not leave for the opposite end of a river (which is the defined migration exit point) without it first being drained to 3/7'ths (which is of course dangerous to fish and they lose the capacity to swim meaning they never make it)
That sounds like a bug.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 06, 2017, 07:53:59 pm »

That sounds like a bug.
tha sounds like an unintentional misfortune in defining a certain behaviour...
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Nobak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 11, 2017, 02:19:08 am »

A dwarf whose mood will fail while you're abandoning a fort will hold on to their last shred of sanity until the second they step on the map of your next fort as a migrant. Only then will they snap.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 11, 2017, 05:46:56 pm »

Underwater volcanos can remain open to air for centuries until a hapless dwarven embark party wanders in. Only then the water will rush to fill the crater and to form a nice layer of obsidian on top of the magma tube. Very useful for future forges and noble bedrooms.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

OluapPlayer

• Bay Watcher
  • In a time before time, I attacked me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 12, 2017, 07:51:27 am »

Figurines can be used as improvised weapons. I watched as a planter fought a giant rat for about 5 real-life minutes, beating it into submission with his bone figurine of dwarves until it bled to death. The planter himself kept going unconscious from over-exertion.

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 12, 2017, 08:08:53 am »

Members of goblin civilizations can and will murder their spouses.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 12, 2017, 08:50:53 am »

Members of goblin civilizations can and will murder their spouses.
Did not know that.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 12, 2017, 11:25:25 pm »

Sometimes, a visitor to your fort is in the line of succession to some noble position elsewhere, and will suddenly become a Lord or some other noble while in your fort, possibly because their predecessor somewhere out there in the world just died.  This actually gets a popup message which is scary if you've never seen it, until you actually read the text.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 12, 2017, 11:28:20 pm »

Didn't we find that out before?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 14, 2017, 08:49:30 pm »

Yep. Even if you don't have any at all. If you have ever made adamantine in your fort, that's all your metalsmiths will work with.
Nah.

This

Was created before this

It's worth noting that only dwarfs with metal-working professions demand adamantine.

Dwarves with non-metal-working professions, no other moodable skills, and dabbling metal-working will not demand adamantine.  (Or at least they haven't been demanding it from me at least some of the time).
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 08:53:06 pm by Squirrelloid »

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 15, 2017, 02:00:07 pm »

I'm probably at risk of repeating something, but my expedition leader in a terrifying biome was just attacked by undead wagon wood that was reanimated by the biome.  The round lime wood logs that attacked him weren't listed in the Units menu.

Also, a prepared slug eye attacked a miner.  I thought prepared meat wasn't supposed to attack.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 02:04:20 pm by muldrake »

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1063 on: March 15, 2017, 02:23:11 pm »

I'm probably at risk of repeating something, but my expedition leader in a terrifying biome was just attacked by undead wagon wood that was reanimated by the biome.  The round lime wood logs that attacked him weren't listed in the Units menu.

Also, a prepared slug eye attacked a miner.  I thought prepared meat wasn't supposed to attack.

I spent way to long on a tangent watching Swedish Chef videos

I have this great image of the Urist McSwedishChef attacking the corpse, singing a jolly tune as the meat reanimates while he is cooking it.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: March 16, 2017, 01:10:35 am »

Elephants happily move around in tree branches. 

(I don't know that they climbed the trees - mountainside, so there were tree branches adjacent to ground from a tree at a lower z-level).
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 148