Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 439492 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #1110 on: April 23, 2017, 02:59:48 pm »

If a dwarf gives birth to a child while climbing a stepladder to get fruit out of a tree, they will not pick up the baby because of dangerous terrain. The baby will be left in the tree.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: April 23, 2017, 03:38:46 pm »

If a dwarf gives birth to a child while climbing a stepladder to get fruit out of a tree, they will not pick up the baby because of dangerous terrain. The baby will be left in the tree.

Amazing. Does the baby die or does he get picked up ?
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Pseudo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: April 23, 2017, 06:15:17 pm »

It's currently possible to build ice structures completely in midair.

Looks like freezing isn't triggering a cavein check, would be my guess.

Unfortunately, this means operation icicle-to-the-head is a no-go  :'(
The lady the dog the paper the boy writ hit bit knit.

English is weird.

oldmansutton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: April 24, 2017, 08:07:44 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 02:57:55 pm by oldmansutton »
I suggest using kilokittens. As cats are 10X the volume of kittens. That way, 50 cats would be .5 kilokittens.

100 cats would be 1 kilokitten.

The Big D

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes bears for their fuzzy-wuzzyness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: April 28, 2017, 12:33:40 am »

Horse was caught in bushfire. All fat was burned off, but horse was uninjured aside from 'Pale' debuff.
Horse subsequently found to be fireproof. Not tested with magma or dragonfire, and subsequent dragon escape from the fortress arena led to tantrum spiral and subsequent death of the fortress.
I just have this terrible mental picture of this beet-looking thing bursting out of someone's stomach and being like "Neeeeed phosphaaaaates"
If it's magma resistant, mod it so it's not!

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: April 28, 2017, 01:02:34 am »

Fireproofing children is considered a must for the more dwarvenly Dwarven Day Cares.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: April 28, 2017, 02:48:35 pm »

Dwarves aren't horrified of corpses that are already there when the expedition arrives.

A macedwarf can hit an Elf scholar so hard he becomes an Elf weaver. Don't know how that works but it keeps happening. They lose their scholar status mid-combat.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: April 28, 2017, 02:55:31 pm »

Fireproofing children is considered a must for the more dwarvenly Dwarven Day Cares.

Sadly, based on experimental evidence, fireproofing children by fat removal appears to not work anymore. Larger creatures can withstand fire for a while, but eventually all that are left are a puff of smoke and some XXclothesXX.

Uhhh... welcome?

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: April 29, 2017, 04:16:27 pm »

Anyone your adventurer speaks with becomes a historical person. These persons can then migrate to your fortress, with annoyingly thing background stories and memories of their meeting with a hero.

Uhhh... welcome?
« Reply #1119 on: April 30, 2017, 07:46:46 pm »

Werecreatures don't seem to want to destroy locked doors. They will wreck all the workshops and other constructions they can reach, but if they step in a room with a door, I can lock the door and they will stay trapped forever, despite being perfectly capable of destroying doors.

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: May 01, 2017, 12:21:43 am »

Trolls will indeed bust through a wooden wall Kool Aid Man style if they spawn at the exact same moment the wall finishes building.

Also a dwarf stuck in a tree above water will decide to dive on into said water if a cave crocodile happens to be two Z-levels lower than it in order to do epic combat (and subsequently die).
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: May 01, 2017, 12:37:20 am »

Amazing. Does the baby die or does he get picked up ?

Looks like theyll just leave the kid there. I cut down the tree though and mom came to get it once it was on the ground
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: May 01, 2017, 06:34:28 pm »

Werecreatures don't seem to want to destroy locked doors. They will wreck all the workshops and other constructions they can reach, but if they step in a room with a door, I can lock the door and they will stay trapped forever, despite being perfectly capable of destroying doors.
Hmm.. in my current 43.05 play burrowed weredwarves won't destroy locked doors.. but once they change back & can path to something they will!?!

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: May 02, 2017, 05:37:13 am »

...I am disappointed. I had a whole bunch of worn clothing underneath a bridge, for the purpose of atom smashing. Turns out, a soap bridge with no walls to either side will no longer atom smash, it just FLINGS clothing everywhere.

Now I have to make a new one in a tunnel somewhere...
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: May 02, 2017, 06:11:46 am »

Hmm.. in my current 43.05 play burrowed weredwarves won't destroy locked doors.. but once they change back & can path to something they will!?!

I have seen weres walled in their hospital rooms to destroy everything in the room, including the door. It usually takes them several transformation cycles but eventually there's only a naked and confused were-infected dwarf in an otherwise empty room.

Maybe it takes longer than those few full moon days to destroy a quality door? Even FB:s and clowns seem to take a while at it.

Uhhh... welcome?
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 148