Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 439525 times)

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #1215 on: January 12, 2018, 09:27:25 pm »

If you make a civilization of creatures that have the LARGE_PREDATOR tag, then in adventure mode you'll get quests from that civ to murder other mayors of their own civ.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: January 12, 2018, 11:41:06 pm »

Alright, so according to Legends Viewer, there is only 3 dwarven civs. But I have 4 playable.

You can play as dwarves of a civ that has been fully conquered and considered part of another civ, presumably assuming there  are still dwarves of the generation that lost the war. In this case, i have a civ that was conquered by the elves so utterly they have zero sites to their name and are not considered a dwarven civ by Legends Viewer.

Thought that was interesting, dunno if anyone else ever noted it.

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: January 13, 2018, 09:02:40 pm »

Welp, this is a  new one:

Edit: And she is now a mercenary in my fort. Man, I put her in a squad, but I'm tempted to take her back out. I don't want her to die! If I had a male gorlak she might eventually have baby gorlaks with, or if she could eventually petition to become a full citizen, I'd pull her out and let her cool her heels for the next two years. Hmm.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 10:09:15 pm by Stormfeather »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: January 21, 2018, 02:44:19 pm »

If a historical figure has an artifact totem made of their skull and is also entombed, their mummy will be headless. Toady thinks of everything.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1219 on: March 12, 2018, 01:06:11 pm »

Found out today :

• A group of kobolds settling in a tomb will become part of the civ that built it
• If that civ has been destroyed and is headless, those kobolds will proclaim themselves kings
• The appearance of a new king can inspire groups of that civ to reactivate and reclaim destroyed hamlets
• A kobold looter and his family can resurrect a civilization.
• Yes.

Now I wonder, can those kobolds talk now? Because now I have a human civ under a kobold king, with a kobold general and all.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 12, 2018, 01:22:29 pm »

That's awesome and also very awesome.

Now we just need the Kobold overlords to take over the world.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1221 on: March 12, 2018, 01:40:36 pm »

I'm almost tempted to create a fort for that new civ. Maybe I'll do it as my next big project. But before that, I want to meet those strange individuals. It's still a very small civ, just four bold kobolds and 50 humans in their new hamlet

Welp, this is a  new one:

Edit: And she is now a mercenary in my fort. Man, I put her in a squad, but I'm tempted to take her back out. I don't want her to die! If I had a male gorlak she might eventually have baby gorlaks with, or if she could eventually petition to become a full citizen, I'd pull her out and let her cool her heels for the next two years. Hmm.

I wish I could send you Waka Waka, my goldenrod hammer gorlak. Poor dude needs a gorlakette and he's the only civilized gorlak in the whole world as it stands :( (and he'll probably die soon for...reasons)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 01:42:22 pm by Cathar »

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 13, 2018, 05:38:16 am »

Hail the Kobold King !

Embark. Then find the Koblod king and his familly.
Turn them vampire somehow.

Build them a fancy vault with random crap loot in.

Lastly, lock them inside the vault and watch them sneak to steal whatever's in the vault... For eternity !

EDIT : Do you have a worlgen of your world ? I'd like to "play" with a Kobold king :)
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1223 on: March 13, 2018, 06:58:07 am »

It's still my old world, but the thing is, it didn't happened in worldgen, it happened during gameplay. Civ was wiped out during worldgen, and regenerated as I was doing a sweet and eventless adventurer travel. But I can give you the current save if you want

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 14, 2018, 09:34:59 am »

It's still my old world, but the thing is, it didn't happened in worldgen, it happened during gameplay. Civ was wiped out during worldgen, and regenerated as I was doing a sweet and eventless adventurer travel. But I can give you the current save if you want

Thanks. But unless I can play as humans, there is no point :'(
Right ?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1225 on: March 14, 2018, 10:01:59 am »

Well... all race playables mod is installed on the save, so technically you can.
Since I'm writing the story of this world, I'd just ask you not to report stuff on this save :3

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 14, 2018, 10:06:40 am »

;D

I'd like the save please ! (And big THANKS)
(don't worry about your story, I'll keep my silence ;)  )

Kobold King... Brace yourself !!  ;D ;D

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 14, 2018, 10:07:47 am »

Oh, a story?

Link me to it when it's done!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1228 on: March 14, 2018, 11:30:11 am »

Oh, a story?

Link me to it when it's done!
Thisis my pet project, it will probably never be finished. So far I recorded the period between the end of worldgen (125) to 142.
The last relevant part (130-142) is available on forum. When I'm ready to continue, I'll unlock the thread but right now it needs to rest

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 14, 2018, 12:40:30 pm »

I figured out that you could use stockpiles as survey markers when doing large projects. Just pick a stockpile type you aren't likely to use, and you can lay them down 31 tiles at a time. I did that to mark out the moat on my current project, a hillfort-style above ground human settlement designed to raise and equip an army for raiding the local elves. It doesn't have a high wall, just a wide moat with a covered gallery overhanging the inside edge by two tiles to prevent climbers while giving me a chance to shoot back. Three drawbridges provide access, with the fourth wall holding my keep. The whole thing is 100x100 in area, providing ten thousand tiles to play with on each level.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 148