Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 442386 times)

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #1890 on: November 18, 2020, 06:28:02 pm »

A completely rotten heart won't actually kill you, while a bleeding one can make you drop dead in several steps.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: November 20, 2020, 03:28:55 pm »

A completely rotten heart won't actually kill you, while a bleeding one can make you drop dead in several steps.
You should probably report the first one to the bug tracker

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: November 20, 2020, 05:09:03 pm »

I think this is actually a bug and works with anyone, at least if you set them to be interrogated before they die. I don't know if convicting someone who dies before they get sentenced causes dwarves to get disillusioned tho.

I'm pretty sure it worked when I set someone to be interrogated right after they were killed. I convicted her, then she was escaping so I sent the army to kill her, then I figured I'd try interrogating her.

First time I know for sure I set the interrogation before they were killed.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #1893 on: November 20, 2020, 06:16:23 pm »

You should probably report the first one to the bug tracker
It’s not a bug per-se; iirc the heart is just a really vascular body part, meaning it bleeds a lot but holds no further function. Could probably still report it in good faith though.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: November 22, 2020, 08:56:16 pm »

I seem to remember a post from an earlier version in which a dwarf had their brain surgically removed and not only survived but showed no difference in ability compared to the way they were before the surgery.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: November 22, 2020, 09:18:04 pm »

I seem to remember a post from an earlier version in which a dwarf had their brain surgically removed and not only survived but showed no difference in ability compared to the way they were before the surgery.

Of course he didn't. They don't use their brains even when they do have them.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 09:19:37 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: November 22, 2020, 09:27:33 pm »

So that means they have decentralized nervous systems

TubaDragoness

• Bay Watcher
  • o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: November 22, 2020, 09:40:27 pm »

That's what the beard is for.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: November 23, 2020, 02:30:27 am »

And yet skewering their brain will kill them instantly.

Surgeries are weird though, they dont count as causing injuries it seems
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: November 24, 2020, 07:47:28 pm »

That's what the beard is for.
The beard actually is the Dwarf; the rest of the body is just a decoy [/absurdtheorising]

Thread Tax: reanimating a hostile foe in adventure mode as a regular zombie, letting your enemies kill them, then resurrecting them as an Intelligent Undead will cause them to attack their former allies while completely ignoring you (unless attacked, of course).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 06:05:57 pm by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: November 25, 2020, 11:05:57 am »

And yet skewering their brain will kill them instantly.

Surgeries are weird though, they dont count as causing injuries it seems
They have the time to transfer their conciousness to the beard during a surgery. During combat they don't.

dudhhr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: November 29, 2020, 12:43:25 am »

1. I have had the humans send a liaison to my fort every year with the caravan, and they sold me a tame elephant for 500 urists  :P
Not the tree huggers though.

2. have a bone industry so dorfs without mood skills can make useful stuff, because all bone stuff is made at a craftsdwarf shop (default for no moodable skill, like children), unlike most other materials where they have their own shop, and moods can make useful stuff out of bone (chairs, coffins, other stuff to appease nobles). I have two barons in my fort, one of whom is also the mayor and his first mandate was for anvils when I don’t have any iron.

3. Were beasts (my first one was so scary, it was an Iguana that killed one dorf and a dog that lost a leg when I tried to sell some ogres) can trigger traps when they revert. They get caged then die a horrible death in an atom smaser

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: November 30, 2020, 04:17:31 am »

Human grand treasurers may arrive at your fort and negotiate trade agreements. Sometimes.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: December 01, 2020, 12:04:37 pm »

Some worlds can have demons as a playable adventure race. This is not necessarily the case right after worldgen and can develop at a later date. (It happened in the museum III game after 50 years of playing)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 12:07:27 pm by Bralbaard »

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: December 01, 2020, 01:47:34 pm »

Human grand treasurers may arrive at your fort and negotiate trade agreements. Sometimes.
Trufax.  I have had it happen.  I don't know if this is mod-related because I had never had humans negotiate a trade agreement before.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 148