Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 446171 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #2010 on: July 17, 2021, 01:23:41 pm »

I just learned the melted cheese is still viable for cooking.

How did you get that?
Embarked in a Scorching biome and was left in the sun for like a week.  I imagine my Dwarves had to scrape it out of the gravel at that point ::)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: July 17, 2021, 01:27:24 pm »

How did you get that?
Embarked in a Scorching biome and was left in the sun for like a week.  I imagine my Dwarves had to scrape it out of the gravel at that point ::)
Mmm Cheese flavored rock, My FaVoRiTe! ((Sarcasm, do not ingest rocks, probably known that it’s sarcasm, but just to be sure there is no confusion, I’m leaving the motif here. Side note, O turned off autocorrupt after finally learning how to do so, so any errors in posts I make are going to be completely my fault. This also means I’m hopefully not confusing it for if AI ever turn it back on…it doesn’t still watch even when off, right? Am not quite sure how thst works))

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: July 17, 2021, 11:08:29 pm »

How did you get that?
Mmm Cheese flavored rock, My FaVoRiTe! ((Sarcasm, do not ingest rocks, probably known that it’s sarcasm, but just to be sure there is no confusion, I’m leaving the motif here. Side note, O turned off autocorrupt after finally learning how to do so, so any errors in posts I make are going to be completely my fault. This also means I’m hopefully not confusing it for if AI ever turn it back on…it doesn’t still watch even when off, right? Am not quite sure how thst works))
looks like autocorrupt was keeping your posts uncorrupted, up til now
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: July 18, 2021, 03:23:42 am »

Well..shit, I have noticed it still attempting to correct things, so maybe it isn’t off like I thought?  In another post, it thought I was typing it’s instead of its so that had to be fixed

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: August 13, 2021, 12:55:04 pm »

if a prison is marked as a hospital zone, any injured prisoners will lie on the floor, and be treated by the medical staff of the fort.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #2015 on: August 14, 2021, 10:23:34 am »

Talking to anybody in adventure mode causes them to become Historical Figures. This even applies to animals, and in my case, lead to Unnamed Female Raven - the only one of her kind. This implies the game only checks site populations (and registered nomads?) but not wild populations when doing legends stuff.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: August 15, 2021, 07:24:25 am »

Talking to anybody in adventure mode causes them to become Historical Figures.
I have noticed the same; immigrating dwarves even have memories of your adventurers in their thoughts & relations screens after they've met them.

Speaking of immigration, authoring dwarves often somehow manage to destroy their works when they migrate to a player fortress:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This has happened three times during this current fortress alone. Although it's probably a bug instead of a "trivial finding."
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: August 15, 2021, 07:59:10 am »

authoring dwarves often somehow manage to destroy their works when they migrate to a player fortress:

Interesting. When making statues and specifying art related to the fortress, I sometimes got statues depicting the destruction of written works. I guess that's connected to that phenomenon.

Talking of written works, was generating a new world to try a mod, reading legends and...

Fortunately, dragons can't read. A necromancer dragon would be... interesting...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 09:11:05 am by Kat »

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: August 16, 2021, 11:56:31 am »

How hard would it be to make dragons literate?  Why can't dragons read anyway?  They're sapient creatures, aren't they?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: August 16, 2021, 12:16:50 pm »

How hard would it be to make dragons literate?  Why can't dragons read anyway?  They're sapient creatures, aren't they?

They wouldnt use it without being necromancers of some sort, some natural skill towards reading technically makes them literate but being part of a civ in fortress mode makes them interested at all in reading books.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: August 17, 2021, 04:46:42 am »

No, they're not sapient.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: August 28, 2021, 02:02:01 pm »

In my current world there is a goblin named Klaplorbin. Yes, that's a kobold name. He is a member of  Stleelgus, a kobold religious cult centered in human town of Whiskerbottled and worshipping Idgag the Ace Father, the dwarven god of thralldom.
Apparently when RNG rolls things just right, the game just happily mixes and matches races like that.

Uhhh... welcome?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: August 28, 2021, 02:15:47 pm »

In my current world there is a goblin named Klaplorbin. Yes, that's a kobold name. He is a member of  Stleelgus, a kobold religious cult centered in human town of Whiskerbottled and worshipping Idgag the Ace Father, the dwarven god of thralldom.
Apparently when RNG rolls things just right, the game just happily mixes and matches races like that.
interesting

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: August 31, 2021, 01:55:06 pm »

I've never seen kobold cults before. I didn't know kobolds could become religious, even if they migrated to human cities.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: August 31, 2021, 04:02:30 pm »

I've never seen kobold cults before. I didn't know kobolds could become religious, even if they migrated to human cities.
It may be rare but it does seem to happen. In this world there are 54 kobold cults (out of 1260 total) all formed by migrant kobolds in some town, dark fortress or hillock somewhere. Curiously they all worship dwarven gods.

Uhhh... welcome?
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 148