Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 241491 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 02:22:45 pm »

У нас уже была аналогичная тема. Если быть точнее, даже две. Из-за лютого хохлосрача они все были прикрыты товарищем Тоуди Ваном.

Quote from: Google Translate
We already had a similar theme. To be precise, even two. Because of the fierce hohlosracha they were covered by Comrade Wang Toad.
Oh Google Translate. You so crazy.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 02:24:06 pm »

Well, this is Russia watching, not Ukraine, and we've managed to keep things down in the Eurothread.
The Eurothread had quite a lot of inflammatory holy wars since the two Ukraine threads got closed. Toady One even had to intervene once.

From what I've seen, practically every Russia-related discussion has a tendency to degenerate into a shitstorm. If it's a political thread, then it's pretty much inevitable.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 03:42:14 pm »

Well, this is Russia watching, not Ukraine, and we've managed to keep things down in the Eurothread.
The Eurothread had quite a lot of inflammatory holy wars since the two Ukraine threads got closed. Toady One even had to intervene once.

From what I've seen, practically every Russia-related discussion has a tendency to degenerate into a shitstorm. If it's a political thread, then it's pretty much inevitable.

I'll do my best to keep that down, handing out bans from the thread if need be.

And another quick overview of Russia's economic woes. When your state oil company asks for $49 billion to be diverted from social services, jump ship.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 08:05:12 pm by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 03:17:07 pm »

Glory watch Russya da

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 03:22:25 pm »

There's a ban on importing most foodstuffs, too, IIRC.
But on the bright side, Belarussian oysters and shrimp are looking to make record sales. 

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2014, 03:25:08 pm »

But on the bright side, Belarussian oysters and shrimp are looking to make record sales. 
Russia does stocks?  Lets all put into a giant b12 oyster stock!

. . . Seriously.  Ive had the idea that Russia's relative independence of the US makes it a decent place to consider putting stock in.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2014, 03:36:30 pm »

Except it's not.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2014, 03:38:37 pm »

Fun fact - Belarusian companies can import fish from other countries, process it and export it with "Made in Belarus" stickers.
A notable example of such company is Santa Bremor.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 03:40:18 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
and that is terrible
Sigtext

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2014, 03:39:31 pm »

Not a good place for stock or not independent financially?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2014, 03:41:02 pm »

Both.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2014, 03:44:54 pm »

I love the fake Breton look of that company. Especially since it's apparently based in Brest.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2014, 03:51:14 pm »

Leaving aside political independence, everything's tanking, more or less.  The value of the ruble has been consistently dropping due to a variety of reasons: the steady crisis in Ukraine and stabilization of Crimea, the specifically-targeted economic sanctions from Europe and the USA, the broad counter-sanctions from Moscow, a general slow-down in the economy that had already been taking place for a while (which may or may not have been part of the motivation behind Putin's drive on Ukraine, in a move worthy of von Plehve), and the recent drop in the value of crude oil at a time when Russia, always reliant on their oil production in the last few years, has been taking in an increasing proportion of their government's budgetary revenues from the petroleum industry in general (just under half in recent years).  It won't wreck the country in the near-term, but it does make stock trading rather unfavourable. 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 03:54:11 pm by Culise »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2014, 03:56:39 pm »

oh~.  Well then I got the wrong impression from that article, which was written a few ago.  thank ya both kindly.
PKs DF Mod!

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2014, 03:58:50 pm »

I love the fake Breton look of that company. Especially since it's apparently based in Brest.
I'm not sure about any Breton looks, but Santa Bremor's main factory is indeed located in Brest. The company holds a significant market share here in Belarus and also exports its fish and seafood to Russia.
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 220