Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 241881 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2580 on: January 22, 2015, 08:57:21 pm »

If only you called them something exceedingly common like "chairs" or "cats", so that this thread would get just ever so slightly more confusing.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: January 22, 2015, 08:57:40 pm »

Radical anti-imperialists.
And why? Because it actually casts them in a more beneficial light? Islamic terrorists in Syria can also be technically called "radical anti-imperialists," you know.

It's all about the details, Sheb. Political labels are more often than not just a cheap n' chunky way of either defaming or praising somebody in propaganda.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 09:09:30 pm by Knit tie »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: January 22, 2015, 09:01:09 pm »

Well, they're opposing Russian Imperialism of course! And they're pretty radical.

You see Knit Tie, the real Nazi is not in the flags and the Sieg runes. The real Nazi was in your heart all along!
*Break into a Nazi Disney song¨*

It is getting late, isn't it?

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 09:03:36 pm by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: January 22, 2015, 09:08:09 pm »

Neo-Nazism is strongly associated with racism, and is distinguishable from other forms of nationalism by embrace of some parts of Nazi ideology (as opposed to, say, racist anarchists; an anarchist cannot ever be a neo-Nazi, but they can walk and talk like one), and usually involves the embrace of Nazi iconography as well; it's fuzzy because neo-Nazi groups are relatively secretive groups, and they don't actually run any governments, so we don't have good information on how pure the Nazi part of Neo-Nazism is: it could be bastardized after all (word choice in this sentence intended). Without embracing some or all of historical Nazism, a group may be similar to neo-nazis, but they wouldn't actually be neo-Nazis.
If we define neo-Nazism as simply militant nationalism, then you'd better start practicing Sieg Heiling, monsieur "I will be on the barricades, defending my beloved EU from Putin!"
This is not nationalism, as the EU is not a nation (nor, indeed, a state), and has no national identity. There could be people advocating for the creation of one, but it does not exist today.

All philosophy is semantics. Fact.
Well, they're opposing Russian Imperialism of course! And they're pretty radical.

You see Knit Tie, the real Nazi is not in the flags and the Sieg runes. The real Nazi has to be.. in your heart.

*Break into a Nazi Disney song¨*

It is getting late, isn't it?

All I could do is a Nazi Broadway song (warning: may offend, do not view without sense of humor). I've been waiting for a week to have a reason to post that somewhere. I think that song settles it: unless they can sing and dance like Hitler on Broadway, they aren't a true neo-nazi.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 09:17:27 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: January 22, 2015, 11:04:59 pm »

If we define neo-Nazism as simply militant nationalism, then you'd better start practicing Sieg Heiling, monsieur "I will be on the barricades, defending my beloved EU from Putin!"
Knit, let me say this in the utmost possible clarity:
Fuck. You.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: January 22, 2015, 11:30:14 pm »

Looks like Russia used chemical weapons to take the terminal

A Ukrainian soldier in a hospital in government-controlled Konstantinovka (56km north of Donetsk) told the SMM that he was being treated for injuries sustained at the Donetsk airport on 19 January. He said 80 Ukrainian soldiers in total had suffered the same injuries, manifested in uncontrollable muscle spasms, vomiting and difficult breathing. Some, he said, had become unconscious. Eleven of the soldiers had been transferred to a hospital in Dnepropetrovsk, he said.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: January 22, 2015, 11:44:49 pm »

Ah, so it only took sending in marines and using chemical weapons.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: January 23, 2015, 12:19:11 am »

BTW I like how Russian propaganda mixes airport and airport's terminal. They are short of controlling the whole territory of airport, besides they are not stationed there because  the difference between Ukrainian and Russian soldier is that Ukrainian can entrench in civilian free area and withstand artillery strikes while Russian army can only hide behind civilians in cities.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: January 23, 2015, 12:24:19 am »

Ah, the next stage of Ukrainian grief: blame WMDs as the reason behind our retreat. In Lugansk it was nuclear weapons, in Donetzk - chemical. Next airport, biological weapons?
._.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: January 23, 2015, 12:37:00 am »

Yes, the OSCE must be reporting that because they're biased.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: January 23, 2015, 12:54:03 am »

Yes, the OSCE must be reporting that because they're biased.
Find me the word "chemical" in that OSCE report. Go on, I'm waiting.
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: January 23, 2015, 01:12:14 am »

Yeah, I mean, the OSCE report state they talked to one guy, who said others in his units have had symptoms like difficulties breathing and muscle spasms. That's very little actual data.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: January 23, 2015, 01:14:11 am »

Yes, like all those other anecdotes they cite in their reports. Of course, it must be anti-russian propaganda.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: January 23, 2015, 01:15:14 am »

What other anecdotes?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: January 23, 2015, 01:19:21 am »

What other anecdotes?
You know, the one where the Ukrainian top command tells the world about how Russian must have used tactical nukes in Lugansk airport because "they couldn't have destroyed the building otherwise, the blasts were too strong for conventional weapons"
._.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 220