Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 242149 times)

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2715 on: January 24, 2015, 03:23:05 pm »

Wouldn't be the only official people not wearing official insignias, what's the difference?  :)

In your previous post, you complained about Russian soldiers being called OSCE observers. Now you defend them being OSCE observers?

Even if it's some kind of technique, I can't see how it improves the discussion.

He often jumps in thread and posts troll baits. Just ignore him.
Make love not war

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: January 24, 2015, 03:23:40 pm »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: January 24, 2015, 03:28:53 pm »

Uh.. no. The conspiracy theory de jure was 'why are there english speakers there' [implying it is EU/American.. mercenaries?] I am saying they are likely OSCE observers if they have armor and aren't actually fighting people. But okay. This is just another convenient example where Russia sends in troops, is currently assaulting a town, and the topic is 'Why are there [implied Americans] there'.
How do you know that they're not fighting people? The fact that he doesn't shoot at the video doesn't mean he doesn't fight people at all.

Also there's the fact that OSCE observers tend to not wear military uniform, because - surprise - they're observers. Anyone in a military uniform in a war zone is more likely to get shot than a person wearing bright blue with white OSCE letters on them, like what actual OSCE observers actually wear.

If I were on your place, I would've said that the rebels are shooting civilians with GRADs and that there were obviously Russian tank columns helping them advance so fast, but noooo, you've had to chose the weakest recent argument possible. 2/5 please raise your quality standards.
._.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: January 24, 2015, 03:38:25 pm »

Reminder of some things happened in Mariupol and how civilians got killed from ukraine military (warning not for kids, just found it on some other site)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXcZJEZjoKI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLRJX5BngT0

Videos of Mariupol getting hit during recording while driving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD_bwzPbGrA&x-yt-cl=84503534&x-yt-ts=1421914688
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqo8Txu89HI

OSCE reports:
"The SMM conducted a crater analysis and its initial assessment showed that the impacts were caused by Grad and Uragan rockets. According to the impact analysis, the Grad rockets originated from a north-easterly direction, in the area of Oktyabr (19 km north-east of Olimpiiska Street), and the Uragan rockets from an easterly direction, in the area of Zaichenko (15 km east of Olimpiiska Street), both controlled by the “Donetsk People’s Republic” (“DPR”).
http://www.osce.org/ukraine-smm/136061

Make love not war

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: January 24, 2015, 03:45:52 pm »

OSCE reports:
"The SMM conducted a crater analysis and its initial assessment showed that the impacts were caused by Grad and Uragan rockets. According to the impact analysis, the Grad rockets originated from a north-easterly direction, in the area of Oktyabr (19 km north-east of Olimpiiska Street), and the Uragan rockets from an easterly direction, in the area of Zaichenko (15 km east of Olimpiiska Street), both controlled by the “Donetsk People’s Republic” (“DPR”).
Which is, of course, entirely objective.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: January 24, 2015, 03:52:20 pm »

OSCE reports:
It's better than anything else we can have from there.
._.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: January 24, 2015, 03:57:00 pm »

OSCE reports:

They are unfortunately the most objective thing there is in that shit storm. Pro russians or ukraines would be a lot worse.
Make love not war

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: January 24, 2015, 03:58:52 pm »

The SMM observed in an area of 1.6 km by 1.1 km, including an open market, multiple impacts on buildings, retail shops, homes and a school.

Why am I not surprised? Isn't this what they target usually anyways? Sad to see massed rocket artillery being moved in and being used indiscriminately, though. There's that escalation that was asked for.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 04:02:31 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: January 24, 2015, 04:04:04 pm »

The SMM observed in an area of 1.6 km by 1.1 km, including an open market, multiple impacts on buildings, retail shops, homes and a school.

Why am I not surprised? Isn't this what they target usually anyways? Sad to see massed rocket artillery being moved in and being used indiscriminately, though. There's that escalation that was asked for.
They're usual targets because they're fairly omnipresent in cities. I'm not sure if anyone there would want to target those intentionally.

And, rocket artillery has been used against cities innumerable times before in this conflict. They were just not cities under UAF control...
._.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: January 24, 2015, 04:04:37 pm »

OSCE reports:

They are unfortunately the most objective thing there is in that shit storm. Pro russians or ukraines would be a lot worse.
True.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: January 24, 2015, 04:06:25 pm »

They're usual targets because they're fairly omnipresent in cities. I'm not sure if anyone there would want to target those intentionally.

And, rocket artillery has been used against cities innumerable times before in this conflict. They were just not cities under UAF control...

Watch the video and tell me they are targeting anything military. This is a neighborhood.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: January 24, 2015, 04:11:17 pm »

Watch the video and tell me they are targeting anything military. This is a neighborhood.
They key word there was "intentionally". It's really easy to miss a rocket artillery strike when you're firing from 20 km.
._.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: January 24, 2015, 04:17:47 pm »

It's a war crime to use that artillery in an Urban area.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: January 24, 2015, 04:18:53 pm »

They key word there was "intentionally". It's really easy to miss a rocket artillery strike when you're firing from 20 km.
Hell, if the AFU didn't shoot artillery into the civilian areas of Donbass that frequently, I'd say that they were simply missing too.

Tell that to Poroshenko.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: January 24, 2015, 04:19:15 pm »

And who gives a shit about that? International law is as ill-thought-out as it is unenforcable.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 220