Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 242271 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2730 on: January 24, 2015, 04:22:17 pm »

It's a war crime to use that artillery in an Urban area.
The artillery has been used in urban areas since the beginning of this war, Slavyansk. You're kinda late to the party :P
._.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: January 24, 2015, 04:22:58 pm »

And who gives a shit about that? International law is as ill-thought-out as it is unenforcable.
International law is hilariously naive and useless.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: January 24, 2015, 04:48:26 pm »

And who gives a shit about that? International law is as ill-thought-out as it is unenforcable.
International law is hilariously naive and useless.
International law is to protect the interests of 1% of about 6 countries. I mean, after all, the only issues that seem to be reliably dealt with is breach of copyrights, blockage of certain maritime trade routes, and invasion of fishing waters. Then again, that could be because that is the only thing that can be reliably dealt with.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: January 24, 2015, 05:02:33 pm »

... I think this thread might be a good place to ask if anyone has a decent recipe for brewing chifi tea. Basically I want to achieve a stronger brew for the mornings, so I might as well go for that and then water it down if needed.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 05:05:05 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: January 24, 2015, 05:12:27 pm »

... I think this thread might be a good place to ask if anyone has a decent recipe for brewing chifi tea. Basically I want to achieve a stronger brew for the mornings, so I might as well go for that and then water it down if needed.
Chifir is a drug that kills people. But if you want to make some, it basically involves boiling a pan of water and then just pouring absurd amounts of black tea into it. After the last flecks of tea have sunk - about 10 minutes - chifir is ready to be filtered and consumed.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: January 24, 2015, 05:16:31 pm »

...meh, I've brewed tea like that (regularly do, in fact, given that I usually can't be arsed to watch over my for-work brews... so I just drop boiling water on the tea and come around to filter it a couple of hours later) and it wasn't particularily strong - weaker than an expresso I'd say. Therefore if indeed that's the proportion I suspect that it's supposed strenght is just mythology.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: January 24, 2015, 05:21:38 pm »

No, Poo, chifir is where you take enough tea to fill half a saucepan and pour it into boiling water. I hope you used less tea than that.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: January 24, 2015, 05:30:14 pm »

...that doesn't sound like something likely to turn out liquid. Or drinkable.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 05:33:19 pm by ChairmanPoo »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: January 24, 2015, 05:36:49 pm »

Caffeine is surprisingly easy to overdose on when taken in concentrated form like that. Also I'm getting a headache just thinking about chafir.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: January 24, 2015, 05:44:41 pm »

...that doesn't sound like something likely to turn out liquid. Or drinkable.
Chifir is not for drinking, it's for getting jacked.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: January 24, 2015, 05:46:14 pm »

... in fact, it sounds remarkably similar to the semisolid coffee sludge that was served in our dorm back in uni. ... first time I ever had coffee, too. That's why I have remarkably low standards for coffee quality.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: January 24, 2015, 05:50:03 pm »

Do you always begin your sentences with "..."?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: January 24, 2015, 05:54:53 pm »

... Don't you?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: January 24, 2015, 05:57:02 pm »

Huh, I heard that tea becomes weaker if you let it steep longer. The highest coffeine content ought to be obtained by doing something like a 1:1 mix of boiling water and black tea and filtering that after 2-3 minutes.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: January 24, 2015, 06:06:50 pm »

That would be a no. Longer steep, stronger tea on pretty much every level of tea.

Well, maybe if you steeped in boiling water for, like, hours until all the tea-y bits have dissolved and boiled out into the air, but up to that point... no. More steep, more plant-stuff (including the caffeine*) in the liquid.

*Fun fact: One of the primary causes of the bitterness in tea is the caffeine. The longer you steep the tea, the more bitter it becomes, because, among potentially other stuff, hey. More caffeine in the liquid base.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:11:04 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 220