Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 241995 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #3225 on: February 04, 2015, 03:59:47 am »

well Ukraine is part of Germany so..... *I'll just show myself out*
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: February 04, 2015, 04:07:37 am »

Besides, actual Nazis looked down upon the Slavs as much as they looked down upon the Jews, so if we can get Slavic neo-Nazis now...

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: February 04, 2015, 04:30:08 am »

Besides, actual Nazis looked down upon the Slavs as much as they looked down upon the Jews, so if we can get Slavic neo-Nazis now...

Ths whole thing is a mess and really just shows they're desperate.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: February 04, 2015, 04:44:31 am »

Ths whole thing is a mess and really just shows they're desperate.
The rebels or the Ukrainians?

EDIT: Poland can into assholish political maneuvers.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 05:35:41 am by Knit tie »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: February 04, 2015, 06:01:52 am »

The rebels or the Ukrainians?

“Those watching understood very well that this was an anti-Semitic appeal,” said Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director. “Their body language clearly gave them away as Plotnitsky began to smirk at the beginning of the performance, knowing what was coming, and Zakharenko, who tried not to laugh as he was speaking, said ‘Jews’ very subtly, before Plotnitsky tried to inoculate them from the anti-Semitism accusation with his comments, which came so quickly they were clearly pre-planned.”

Mr. Foxman added, “Anti-Semitism has no place in political speech, and any attempt to espouse anti-Jewish hatred within any political arena is simply unacceptable.”

In April 2014, ADL condemned the appearance of anti-Semitic fliers in Donetsk, which were handed out on the first night of Passover instructing Jews to register with the government or face deportation and confiscation of their property.

Yes, the Ukrainians must be the desperate ones, launching wars they can't win and losing all the standing they once had by playing this little game.

Jewish Nazis run Ukraine.

Yet the anti-semite neo-nazis happen to be the Putinites, go figure.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: February 04, 2015, 06:08:43 am »

Mictlan, you honestly don't think that I can take you seriously any more, do you?

For the record, that leaflet incident you are referring to was a hoax.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 06:18:23 am by Knit tie »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: February 04, 2015, 06:15:51 am »

Honestly, I cannot take any of you lot seriously. I only read this thread for the articles for the flame wars.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: February 04, 2015, 06:20:29 am »

Honestly, I cannot take any of you lot seriously. I only read this thread for the articles for the flame wars.
Even me?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: February 04, 2015, 06:25:12 am »

Even me?
Especially you!

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: February 04, 2015, 06:44:07 am »

Even me?
Especially you!
:'(

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: February 04, 2015, 06:47:10 am »

Even me?
Well, you are quite the propaganda foghorn more often than not. It still pays to sift through your posts for the interesting insights, though.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: February 04, 2015, 06:57:00 am »

Even me?
Well, you are quite the propaganda foghorn more often than not. It still pays to sift through your posts for the interesting insights, though.
Helgo, I wasn't serious there.

But actually,
for the interesting insights
such as what?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 07:13:29 am by Knit tie »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: February 04, 2015, 07:00:54 am »

First thing that comes to mind are the bits about Kadyrov, but mostly I'm talking about the general perspective of a liberal-turned-nationalist Russian. It's not so much the facts you post as the thoughts behind them, you understand? After all, Russia is still very much a foreign country to me as well as most Western Europeans.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: February 04, 2015, 07:05:35 am »

First thing that comes to mind are the bits about Kadyrov, but mostly I'm talking about the general perspective of a liberal-turned-nationalist Russian. It's not so much the facts you post as the thoughts behind them, you understand? After all, Russia is still very much a foreign country to me as well as most Western Europeans.
Nice to know!

My attitude towards you is not that different, by the way - your posts help me understand why the Western world can be genuinely afraid and wary of Russia, even if we look only at the facts.

And speaking of propaganda, does this look like an encirclement, or does this look like an epic encirclement?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 07:11:11 am by Knit tie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: February 04, 2015, 07:17:36 am »

If it's an accurate picture of current or near current fronts, it's not really propaganda is it? I. Mean sure it can be used for propaganda taunting, but it in itself isn't propoganda.

And yeah, they're going to get encircled again if they aren't careful, or make a tactical retreat out of the trap.
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 220