Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 239407 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« on: November 05, 2014, 10:53:37 am »

Переведите на английский, пожалуйста, что угодно вы напишите по-русски.

I will- unless something really gets screwed up- be spending the 2015-2016 academic year in St. Petersburg, so I've started to take more than a minor interest in Russian politics. This thread is specifically for Russia-watchers (as well as those areas of Eastern Europe and Asia that have business with the Bear), not Europe as a whole.

I'll start by noting that the Russian economy looks like it's starting to tank:

Russian Central Bank is pumping $1 billion a day to try and stabilize the ruble, which is crashing anyways.

...followed by a rise in the main interest rate, also to revive the ruble...

Inflation is over 8% and rising.

Combining hostile foreign policy with shoot-yourself-in-the-foot protectionism, the government has also banned iPhones. There's a ban on importing most foodstuffs, too, IIRC.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 03:34:58 pm by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 10:54:37 am »

Im watching you Russia.  Now specifically in this thread.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 10:58:05 am »

*squints in a vaguely eastward direction*

Posting to watch Russia.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 11:12:05 am »

Russia needs watching?

* Glowcat lights the Palin Signal
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 11:39:06 am »

Thanks to this thread, I can now -- like Sarah Palin -- watch Russia from my house.

EDIT: Semi-ninja'ed.

Also, the Apple thing may be partially because Tim Cook came out as gay. I'd be curious to hear from Russian B12'ers as to what the government/media is saying about Apple.

2nd EDIT: inb4 ruble=rubble jokes
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:43:05 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 11:46:47 am »

In other news, the Ruble is down to all-time lows again in today's session. Republicans winning the election is 'good' for the dollar, so the drop is going to steepen like it did today. Food inflation is continuing the unabated rise. All in all pretty good news for the Kremlin.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:49:36 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 12:33:38 pm »

Thanks to this thread, I can now -- like Sarah Palin -- watch Russia from my house.

EDIT: Semi-ninja'ed.

Also, the Apple thing may be partially because Tim Cook came out as gay. I'd be curious to hear from Russian B12'ers as to what the government/media is saying about Apple.

2nd EDIT: inb4 ruble=rubble jokes

According to a friend of mine who's in St. P right now, the monument is being removed for repair, and they announced it before Cook came out. It's certainly suspicious, though.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 12:35:30 pm »

* Haspen watches Russia now.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 12:38:42 pm »

* Big Fniff is watching you, Russia.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 01:03:55 pm »

I will- unless something really gets screwed up- be spending the 2015-2016 academic year in St. Petersburg

Вы говорите по-русски?

We had a bunch of language threads here a few weeks ago, but I never saw one for russian.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 01:04:54 pm »

I can see Russia from my Bay12.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 01:05:47 pm »

Russia test-fires ICBM in Kamchatka.

LordBucket: я учусь русский язык, но я только в третьем семестре.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 02:10:23 pm »

У нас уже была аналогичная тема. Если быть точнее, даже две. Из-за лютого хохлосрача они все были прикрыты товарищем Тоуди Ваном.

Если здесь будут обсуждать политику, то долго эта тема не протянет. Некоторые участники политических дискуссий в данном подфоруме люто, бешено ненавидят Россию и русских, так что ожесточенный срач между ними и собственно русскими неизбежен.

Давайте обсудим что-нибудь не связанное с политикой - культуру и искусство, например.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 02:14:20 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 02:15:46 pm »

Well, this is Russia watching, not Ukraine, and we've managed to keep things down in the Eurothread.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 02:16:42 pm »

У нас уже была аналогичная тема. Если быть точнее, даже две. Из-за лютого хохлосрача они все были прикрыты товарищем Тоуди Ваном.

Если здесь будут обсуждать политику, то долго эта тема не протянет. Некоторые участники политических дискуссий в данном подфоруме люто, бешено ненавидят Россию и русских, так что ожесточенный срач между ними и собственно русскими неизбежен.

Давайте обсудим что-нибудь не связанное с политикой - культуру и искусство, например.
This thread as far as I can see was for discussing economics of Russia, and I guess for Russian language, too.

Your message is needlessly provocative and will only serve to invite those who you intend to beckon away with you words, so not suited for this noble purpose.
._.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 220