Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 239443 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2610 on: January 23, 2015, 06:24:28 am »

In other news, Zakharchenko has redently stated that death penalty will soon be legal in Novorossiya. Which won't make that much difference, really, judicial executions have already taken place in Donbass several times, there's just going to be a more centralised control over them and other forms of justice now.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 06:32:35 am by Knit tie »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: January 23, 2015, 08:37:05 am »

The separatist just report a sulfur smell after an explosion and difficulties breathing, which on its own doesn't make enough for a gas attack. No one even died, what kind of gas it is?

I wonder if someone may have used tear gas of some kind maybe. Which funnily enough is illegal to use as a weapon of war.
Many of the war gasses in WWI had surprisingly low kill rates - IIRC mustard gas attacks were survived by about 95% of the soldiers. After all, a grave is cheap, but a hospital isn't... The bit about smelling sulfur seems odd to me though, I'm not aware of any war gas that would smell like that.
And yeah, tear gas is a very real possibility.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: January 23, 2015, 08:44:23 am »

Well, the sulfur smell could just be a gas pipe that was fracture or something.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: January 23, 2015, 08:46:45 am »

Precisely - I'd consider the reported sulfur smell an argument against the truthfullness of the whole report.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: January 23, 2015, 08:50:15 am »

Precisely - I'd consider the reported sulfur smell an argument against the truthfullness of the whole report.
Obviously it's an evidence that Russian troops were assisted by Hell's forces lead by Satan himself!

This is the only possible explanation! :P
._.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: January 23, 2015, 08:50:37 am »

Russian sulphur catapults confirmed.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: January 23, 2015, 08:53:45 am »

Not to mention there are loads of things that could have a sulfur or rotten egg smell, plus the association with volcanism, but I'm 100% sure the airport isn't on top of a volcano or in a volcanically (or even seismically) active region.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 08:56:03 am by smjjames »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: January 23, 2015, 11:45:15 am »

._.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: January 23, 2015, 11:48:20 am »

Unless it is an answer to the same order in Ukrainian forces (I haven't been following the topic for awhile, I don't know if there was one), screw that guy.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 12:01:17 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Make love not war

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: January 23, 2015, 12:09:37 pm »

Unless it is an answer to the same order in Ukrainian forces (I haven't been following the topic for awhile, I don't know if there was one), screw that guy.
Even if it is, it still is unacceptable.
Knit, what's your take on this?
The Bay12 postcard club

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: January 23, 2015, 12:12:00 pm »

The head of the People's Republic of Donetsk Alexander Zakharchenko after yesterday's bus stop incident in Donetsk is going to give the order to no longer take prisoners in battle.

If he really does it, then it's going to be a "point of no return". After that - only victory or death.

Extremely stupid move

*wonders if there is anything in the Geneva convention about that* Meh, not like they're signatories to it anyway.

It can also be seen as a desperate move, and possibly opening themselves to war crimes charges.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: January 23, 2015, 12:21:38 pm »

On a second though, given the source (vesti.ru) and common tone of the article, it might not happen. Maybe something that he said driven by emotions was quoted by journalists and made into news.

Otherwise, this is one of the worst moves to make. If they do that, they will be no better than the image they make for their opponents.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: January 23, 2015, 12:25:55 pm »

The head of the People's Republic of Donetsk Alexander Zakharchenko after yesterday's bus stop incident in Donetsk is going to give the order to no longer take prisoners in battle.

If he really does it, then it's going to be a "point of no return". After that - only victory or death.

Extremely stupid move

*wonders if there is anything in the Geneva convention about that* Meh, not like they're signatories to it anyway.

It can also be seen as a desperate move, and possibly opening themselves to war crimes charges.

Its so much stupid thing to do, and will make things a lot harder that I think that it probably  not going to happen.

I look at the source of that info, and it goes to TASS post of this (dont know should I link it, as the link I got is big, but people can find it from original Sergarr link):
"Following this tragedy, I'm considering an order to take no more prisoners of war because we do not need exchanges," he said.
So from that i am guessing he is really considering it
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 12:28:10 pm by miljan »
Make love not war

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: January 23, 2015, 12:28:33 pm »

On a second though, given the source (vesti.ru) and common tone of the article, it might not happen. Maybe something that he said driven by emotions was quoted by journalists and made into news.

Otherwise, this is one of the worst moves to make. If they do that, they will be no better than the image they make for their opponents.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84503534&v=WkBJxoArgnM&x-yt-ts=1421914688

Here's the interview. I'm pretty sure this is not a misquote. He looks pretty serious about this.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 220