Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 239404 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2655 on: January 24, 2015, 08:46:10 am »

Link in German.
15 dead apparently, and the seperatists are starting a major offensive according to NATO after having been supplied with heavy weaponry. Aaaaand everybody's talking about a land corridor to Crimea.
Knit, what was that about north wind blowing? And - a bit earlier - about the impossibility of Russian troops in Ukraine?
That was before I actually got told about there really being Russian troops in Ukraine by competent people. But the north wind is, apparently, blowing in Donbass now, meaning that the regular Russian army is either already helping the rebels, or is likely to help them soon.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 08:48:18 am by Knit tie »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: January 24, 2015, 08:51:59 am »

And your opinion on that is...?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: January 24, 2015, 08:53:42 am »

Inb4 NATO and others start really screaming at Russia.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: January 24, 2015, 08:58:01 am »

And your opinion on that is...?
Russia's been waging a hybrid war in Ukraine since the Donbass uprising happened.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: January 24, 2015, 09:07:28 am »

That's clear - I meant the bit where now even you say that Russia is invading another country.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: January 24, 2015, 09:08:58 am »

That's clear - I meant the bit where now even you say that Russia is invading another country.

Haven't they been saying that for quite a while now? Or we are invading Poland/Baltic states now? Misread the post, Helgo. Let Knit explain.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:11:20 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: January 24, 2015, 09:15:52 am »

That's clear - I meant the bit where now even you say that Russia is interventioning in another country.
Russia stronk, go Russia, etc, etc...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:23:31 am by Knit tie »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: January 24, 2015, 09:25:13 am »

So far it seems that every nation with nukes invades intervents whatever part of the world they feel like backing it with whatever reason they have imagination to create or emphasize. The rights of man? Forget it, in global scale it is still the right of the strong.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: January 24, 2015, 09:25:59 am »

So far it seems that every nation with nukes invades intervents whatever part of the world they feel like backing it with whatever reason they have imagination to create or emphasize.
Yup.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: January 24, 2015, 09:33:32 am »

So far it seems that every nation with nukes invades intervents whatever part of the world they feel like backing it with whatever reason they have imagination to create or emphasize.
Yup.

Not EVERY nation with nukes, Britian doesn't, France doesn't (intervening in their former colony doesn't count), India doesn't, Pakistan doesn't. Although India and Pakistan would rather invade each other.

Ukraine shelled Mariupol? That Russian scum dare to say that? I wish a nuke on Moscow. Russian or otherwise. It is not important

It is completely plausible because friendly fire incidents are a thing.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: January 24, 2015, 09:38:07 am »

Yup.

Not EVERY nation with nukes, Britian doesn't, France doesn't (intervening in their former colony doesn't count), India doesn't, Pakistan doesn't. Although India and Pakistan would rather invade each other.

You're probably right about Pakistan and India. I counted Britain and France as NATO members, maybe I was wrong with that one.
Sigs

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: January 24, 2015, 09:44:17 am »

The most surprising fact the the NAF's offensive is that they're attacking at multiple directions at once - and apparently pushing everywhere they attack, with various degrees of success.
._.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: January 24, 2015, 09:51:20 am »

France doesn't (intervening in their former colony doesn't count),
By that logic, Russia intervening into their former colony federal district of Ukraine also doesn't count.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: January 24, 2015, 09:53:56 am »

Not EVERY nation with nukes, Britain doesn't, France doesn't (intervening in their former colony doesn't count), India doesn't, Pakistan doesn't. Although India and Pakistan would rather invade each other.

Iraq? Afghanistan?

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: January 24, 2015, 09:54:13 am »

There was UN mandate (approved by Russia as well) for Libya, though. I think we've discussed it here before.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 220