Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 241268 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2685 on: January 24, 2015, 10:48:14 am »

Fun fact: NATO (Britain, at least) had troops on the ground in Libya.
But see, they weren't occupying or annexing the territory.
Thus, they have a moral high-ground over those occupiers who dare to instate a rule of law in the area they occupy!
Clearly, killing the only person who kept the tribes in check and leaving the country to rot in a multi-year long civil war between tribes and religious fanatics is much better, moral, and just, than occupation!
._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: January 24, 2015, 11:32:45 am »

... and if the West had gone in with boots on the ground, you'd by crying about the violation of the UN constraints.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: January 24, 2015, 11:33:15 am »

Yeah, it's not like the West had the right to occupy the place.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: January 24, 2015, 12:24:33 pm »

There's a palpable smell of fire in this thread, reminding me of the previous dead Ukraine threads. I'm trying not to lose my emotions and join the fight, because my participation would be counterproductive and ultimately pointless.

Here's a video by two amateur inventors from Lugansk showing the damage to the city caused by the war. It was shot in early autumn 2014, but due to a neverending blackout in Lugansk, it was uploaded only now. It's still harrowing.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:28:40 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: January 24, 2015, 12:37:36 pm »

http://putnik1.livejournal.com/3790045.html (Russian)
Putnik1 warns about possible provocative false-flag operation in Mariupol by Ukrainian special forces. This operation together with the recent unidentified shelling would make a powerful anti-russian informational effect.

http://ria.ru/world/20150124/1044114975.html (Russian)
Head of the Peoples Republic of Donetsk Zaharchenko made a statement, that his forces will NOT attempt to get into the city of Mariupol. According to his claims, he ordered to suppress Ukrainian military units, located outside the civil area.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: January 24, 2015, 12:42:17 pm »

OSCE observers possibly? :)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: January 24, 2015, 12:43:56 pm »

Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: January 24, 2015, 12:46:18 pm »

They don't wear military uniform, from other videos with OSCE in them.

What are English-speaking people in soldier's uniforms doing in Mariupol???

I'm not sure who spoke English in that video. Probably ivze is right on that one.
2 minute 33-36 seconds - you can hear a soldier sayion "out of my face, out of my face please" while shielding his face from the camera with hand.
._.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: January 24, 2015, 12:51:07 pm »

Their attire in that video would get them easily shot by anything Novorossiyan. They appear to belong to an especially suicidal kind of OSCE observers. :P
Maybe they are NATO advisors or something.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: January 24, 2015, 01:02:16 pm »

What are English-speaking people in soldier's uniforms doing in Mariupol???

I'm not sure who spoke English in that video. Probably ivze is right on that one.
2 minute 33-36 seconds - you can hear a soldier sayion "out of my face, out of my face please" while shielding his face from the camera with hand.

I rewatched this particular moment a few times - yes, there is a man in military uniform speaking confident in English. But I guess there a lot of interesting people from all over the world in Ukraine right now.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: January 24, 2015, 01:05:32 pm »

Their attire in that video would get them easily shot by anything Novorossiyan. They appear to belong to an especially suicidal kind of OSCE observers. :P
Maybe they are NATO advisors or something.
Or mercenaries.

EDIT: There is indeed a piece of information going around on Russian social media that fake rebels are gathering in Mariupol, and that we should be ready for a false-flag operation.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 01:09:34 pm by Knit tie »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: January 24, 2015, 01:08:20 pm »

I guess this is a NATO adviser too, then. Or probably a volunteer, seeing as he's from Azov battalion judging by the emblem and the video origin.
(14 minute 30-50+ seconds, the person to the right appears to be speaking english clearly, the person holding the camera is speaking broken english to him)
._.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: January 24, 2015, 01:37:16 pm »

Col. Cassad's update on the battles. So far, the rebels are slowly advancing, but the AFU are showing great tenacity and bravery in defense.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: January 24, 2015, 01:44:36 pm »

Col. Cassad's update on the battles. So far, the rebels are slowly advancing, but the AFU are showing great tenacity and bravery in defense.
It's to be expected, since they're a Slav nation (and more importantly, Slav culture), and all Slav nations/cultures have that common trait.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 220