Other Projects > Other Games

Return of the Obra Dinn, by Lucas Pope ("Papers, Please" guy) v0.0.4

(1/3) > >>

Sensei:

Website & Download!
The content in the game currently is very short and perhaps best played without a description, so you might want to just download it and let it explain itself. Otherwise, description follows!

The very first demo of Lucas Pope's new game was quietly released a couple weeks ago. It features a unique graphic style that I can only describe as playing a modern 3D game with an original Gameboy screen for a monitor. In it, you board the The Obra Dinn, a ship which went missing and turned up with all of its crew dead or missing.

Your task is to explore the ship, determine the fate of each crew member, and record it in the crew muster roll book. To aid you in this, you have a magic stopwatch that takes you back to the moment of a cadaver's death, allowing you to examine the scene frozen in time and walk around. You can only see a small part right now, but it looks like the game will tell a very compelling narrative when it's done.

I'm currently watching for updates, I'll try to keep this thread up to date as things happens. Until then, discuss!

Farce:
Oh man, I love games about ancient missing ships.

Seamas:
Very cool.  What a creative angle for a game!  And the visual style is somehow compelling and brilliant, even if it is hipster nonsense.

Sartain:
Kinda looks (and sounds) like something from the Amiga days :)

Puzzlemaker:
I just spent my entire sunday sucked into this damn game.  Seriously.

It's really good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version