Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Dampe's Modern Weapons Mod (Third Time's The Charm)  (Read 10129 times)

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
Dampe's Modern Weapons Mod (Third Time's The Charm)
« on: November 07, 2014, 12:49:11 pm »

"I am going to finish this mod or die trying, goddammit."

I've got a hectic spring break (possibly involving flying a plane for the first time) but so help me Armok this mod will be worked on.
I may scrap what I have and try to go for quality rather than quantity at first. I'll release a few weapons just to see what everybody thinks some time in mid-March.

The way it'll probably be set up to avoid the complete anarchy that it was will be the Weapons Pack system. Rather than being released all together and all at once, weapons and equipment will be separated into themed "packs," which will be released whenever I can get to them. I'll go further into detail about each pack as the actual release dates approach. To prevent raw duplicates, a few things (such as ammunition) will be in a main DMWM file.

Confirmed packs:

Wild West
United States, World War II
Great Britain, World War II
Soviet Union, World War II
Nazi Germany, World War II
Imperial Japan, World War II
United States, Cold War
Soviet Union, Cold War
United States, Vietnam War
Vietnamese, Vietnam War
United States Army
USMC
Great Britain, Modern Day
Russian Federation, Modern Day
China, Modern Day
Showcase: Beretta
Showcase: Taurus/Rossi
Showcase: Colt
Showcase: Smith & Wesson
Showcase: Glock
Showcase: Sig Sauer
Movie Guns
Near Future
Distant Future (???)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 02:15:22 pm by Dampe »
Regards,
Dampe

RoguelikesESP

• Bay Watcher
  • The english is NOT my native language. Sorry.
    • View Profile
Re: Dampe's Modern Weapons Mod (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 04:23:44 pm »

Holy crap, this is insane! Good luck with the mod, really want to see how it turns out!

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 04:33:08 pm »

Will this work with dorf mod? please say yes!

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 05:17:16 pm »

Hello there!
It's been a while since I was on here, mainly due to life stuff, but I have returned more powerful than ever!
I have no clue about Dorf Mod compatibility, but if it can be done, it shall be done.
Regards,
Dampe

Del1m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dampe's Modern Weapons Mod (Coming Eventually!)
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 08:49:25 pm »

Awesome to hear man. I've always loved guns and modern stuff in DF for some reason, so I'm glad you're still workin' on it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 08:50:09 pm »

ohhh o.o
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 09:59:59 pm »

Did you figure out how to change the fire time for weapons? Like for making rapid-fire-ish rifles?

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 06:55:34 pm »

Did you figure out how to change the fire time for weapons? Like for making rapid-fire-ish rifles?

There isn't a way to do that in vanilla DF.
There are dfhack scripts that can do it, but I want to at least get all the weapons added in first before I even think about messing with that.
I've got a pretty good balance for weapons at the moment, so that size and caliber still matter, even without rate of fire being a factor.
Regards,
Dampe

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 07:01:11 pm »

I've made a couple changes in the mod, which is now in version 0.04.
I've reorganized the ammunition in the "item_ammo_rounds" folder so that it makes some sort of sense. I'm also working on military uniforms for nations, and a lot of modern clothing to fit with the mod. A lot of new instruments, food types, and toys will be coming too. I will be able to crank out this mod like nobody's business if/when I can afford a new computer, but until then I don't have much time to work on it. I've got most of the ammunition into the raws, but not that many weapons yet. Still, progress is being made. I've got plans for weaponry from a multitude of countries, so Canadians will be able to use Canadian guns, Norwegians will be able to use Norwegian guns, etc.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 07:03:21 pm by Dampe »
Regards,
Dampe

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 07:55:23 pm »

Having just learned about the new demon spires, I really want to get this mod cranked out soon.
I'm on winter break for two weeks *sigh* so I can't just hang out in my school's library during lunch and mod Dwarf Fortress. (Also, my school blocked the Bay 12 Forums and I really want to punch someone for that  >:()
Anyways, I'm picturing a badass adventurer laying waste to a demon spire with a Remington 870.
(Make no mistake, you WILL be able to do that in the mod.)
Regards,
Dampe

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
Re: Dampe's Modern Weapons Mod (Coming Very Soon!)
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 12:41:37 am »

I've got the next three days off from anything that resembles work, so I should be able to make significant progress on the mod.
0.04 involved the reconfiguring of the ammunition so it would make more sense, so I had to scrap the weapons I had and start from scratch.
I've just finished up the Taurus/Rossi weapons set, and that concludes the American handguns set.
Ideally, I'll finish up all the handguns by tomorrow. That would leave machine pistols (what I've categorized weapons too large to qualify as handguns, but too small to be categorized as submachine guns), submachine guns, rifles, machine guns, shotguns, anti-armor weapons, melee weapons, clothing and armor. Additional miscellaneous stuff also needs to be worked on.
I've not yet had a chance to do any !!SCIENCE!! with the firearms yet, but everything looks okay raw-wise so far.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:52:18 am by Dampe »
Regards,
Dampe

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 12:48:42 am »

Seems very interesting (though likely highly complicated)! I might have to download this and look at everything.

One question: Is the Winchester Model 1887 shotgun (the one from Terminator 2) included, or is that for a later date?

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 01:05:02 am »

Seems very interesting (though likely highly complicated)! I might have to download this and look at everything.

One question: Is the Winchester Model 1887 shotgun (the one from Terminator 2) included, or is that for a later date?

Though I haven't added them in yet, there will be a wide variety of Winchester shotguns. (I own a Winchester Model 50 in real life, so I've got a soft spot for their weapons.) The factory-standard 1887 was on my "planned" list, but the Winchester that Arnold used in Judgement Day wasn't. However, since I already had movie guns planned, (Only one I've gotten written out is the M41 Pulse Rifle from Aliens, and I got it to fire both standard rounds and grenades, since it chambered unique calibers in the movie.) I certainly can put it in. If I recall correctly, Schwarzenegger's Winchester didn't have a stock, so he could fire it one-handed. I'll have to do some research to see if the barrel length of the weapon was changed, or if it was just the stock. If only the stock was changed, it'll be easy. If the barrel length was changed, I'll have to do some other stuff, because of the way the weapons are in the raws. Anyways, I will put it on a request list. If anyone else has a weapon they want to see in here (The main requirement is that it was manufactured after the American Civil War, but other than that, there isn't much), just say what it is, and I'll see what I can do.
Regards,
Dampe

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 01:43:15 am »

It is 12:38 A.M. where I am.
I just finished adding the one hundred and forty-seventh pistol into this mod.
I'm about halfway done...
with the fucking handguns.
I am going to finish this mod or die trying, goddammit.
Definitely not tonight.
Probably not tomorrow.
But maybe Tuesday.
Regards,
Dampe

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 03:24:38 pm »

If I recall correctly, Schwarzenegger's Winchester didn't have a stock, so he could fire it one-handed. I'll have to do some research to see if the barrel length of the weapon was changed, or if it was just the stock. If only the stock was changed, it'll be easy. If the barrel length was changed, I'll have to do some other stuff, because of the way the weapons are in the raws.
The M1887 in Judgment Day was a sawed-off variation with a shortened barrel and an enlarged lever loop for one-handed spin-cocking. I'm not sure how a shortened barrel would affect it, aside from reduced muzzle velocity.

Here's a picture of the one-handed shotgun from the Internet Movie Firearms Database.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4