Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 131

Author Topic: Tabletop Games Thread  (Read 180130 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Tabletop Games Thread
« on: November 07, 2014, 06:33:01 pm »

So a number of people feel like tabletop discussion doesn't feel right in Other Games and that there seems like a lot more interest in GD when it gets brought up in various threads. So let's try a thread in GD to see if it gets decent traction. I'm optimistic.

Talk mainly about these things:
  • Board games
  • Card games
  • Tabletop roleplaying games
  • Anything else I forgot
I already mentioned this in the happy thread, but the 2014 MTG commander decks came out today and I got the red one. I'm currently merging it with my old Bosh, Iron Golem deck.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 10:39:06 pm by penguinofhonor »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Tabletop Games Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 07:56:27 pm »

WOO this is a BUMP.

So, favorite D&D/Pathfinder classes?

Outside of Tier 1, I'm a fan of the Dragonfire Adept myself. Inside, I'm a Druid's man through and through. Haven't played pathfinder, but I really want to try the gunslinger class.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 08:12:49 pm »

Sorcerer. All the way. Especially if I can get my mitts on a blaster build, because screw greasing your enemies.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 08:17:32 pm »

Let's share our creepiest, most horribly inappropriate rpg stories! :D
Love, scriver~

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 08:48:23 pm »

PTW

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 08:49:31 pm »

All my Pathfinder games crashed and burned before they could get off the ground, but I've been trying to run a paladin for ages.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 12:38:21 am »

I've never actually been able to play a game of DnD. It's kind of sad actually...

PTW for now, I may chime every once and a while.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 12:52:23 am »

Favourite D & D class?

Despite their mechanical mehness, something about me just loves Fighters. Assigning like ~24 bonus feats for making that 20th level Fighter is really fun. And the Spring Attack upgrade feats[Not that I've ever tried that in practice] just seem fun[BOING SLASH ALL THE THINGS]

Sorcerer is definitely up there, since they can do all kinds of magicy stuff without being Tier 1[Something I've only encountered on the internet. I guess most of the people I've played with just didn't try to uber-optimize, in favour of making EVERYTHING BURN.]. Plus spellbooks and such are sort of fiddly.

Also, I'm going to be playing a game of Twilight Imperium[No idea which edition] this weekend, with some other newbies and some veterans[Who I fully expect to get my ass kicked by.]. Has anyone heard of/played it? If so, what the hell does a newcomer to the game do to upstage the veteran players?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 03:16:16 am »

WOO this is a BUMP.

So, favorite D&D/Pathfinder classes?

Wizard and/or warlock (from the "Complete Arcane" rules supplement)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 04:39:58 am »

My favorite two characters so far have been a water orc Battle Sorcerer (variant sorcerer) and a something-or-other Cleric. Those were more my favorites because of the characters themselves, though. Mechanically I've always been a fan of Crusaders from the Tome of Battle, and Truenamers take the prize for best flavor. (With the added 'benefit' of requiring absurd optimization to actually use at all.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 05:21:04 pm »

PTW

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 07:12:25 pm »

Mechanically I've always been a fan of Crusaders from the Tome of Battle
I like Crusaders, too. Wrote one up the other day with the intention of a sort of "Paladin +" with a lance, a donkey, and a heavy iron shield.

EDIT: I'm writing up a Silverbrow Human "Mailman" right about now, but I'm unsure what the dragonblood subtype (which I got from Silverbrow) does. Can anybody confirm whether the information presented here is feat-specific or comes from the subtype?

EDIT2: If it doesn't, can somebody clarify precisely what the subtype does?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 07:52:28 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 07:20:27 pm »

Does anyone know of any good but obscure tabletop games to play? I can personally recommend Geiger Counter.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2014, 07:23:45 pm »

Mechanically I've always been a fan of Crusaders from the Tome of Battle
I like Crusaders, too. Wrote one up the other day with the intention of a sort of "Paladin +" with a lance, a donkey, and a heavy iron shield.

EDIT: I'm writing up a Silverbrow Human "Mailman" right about now, but I'm unsure what the dragonblood subtype (which I got from Silverbrow) does. Can anybody confirm whether the information presented here is feat-specific or comes from the subtype?

Crusaders are really cool, also they are the only ones with access to Devoted Soul, which has a stance that lets you roll -all- max damage dice again. For more damage.

I played with a keen screaming falchion. 3d4's roll 4's so often. But I can't help imagining multiclassing into sorcerer at that point and fireballing all the things. All those sweet sixes would get re-rolled into even more damage.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2014, 07:28:14 pm »

Can we also talk about how underappreciated and awesome Betrayal at House on the Hill is?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 131