Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Time Capsule 2020  (Read 3397 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: Time Capsule 2020
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2021, 09:12:16 am »

Accidentally edited over the original post. :face_palm:

Reposting.

Quote from: Old me (responses in bold)
Got some commissions already? Nope. Learned to draw? Not really. Learned to write short stories? Sorta. Learned to code? Yeah. If the previous question is true, did you make that game already? What game? Your forum games doing OK? On hold because holidays but will resume soon. What about the secret? Still a secret and will stay one unless he spills the cat from its bag.

Did you move to Canada/USA/<insert random European country>, or are you still in Russia under this "benevolent" government? Still in this stupid country.

I hope you're doing okay. Thanks, I am.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2021, 10:46:20 am »

Spoiler: January 2021 (click to show/hide)

1.Joe Biden.

2.Why do you keep asking questions we won’t publicly answer?

3.Nobody is running out of milk anymore.

4.I’ll work on that tileset next, right now we’ve got Tavern Tales to record and that Civ 3 scenario to finish.

5.Half Life Alyx came pretty close.

6.No, but the year had lots to offer besides that.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2021, 10:49:31 am »

Spoiler: (Non-applicable stuff) (click to show/hide)
("I" refers to current-me, "you" refers to past-me, and "we" refers to both.)

Hey. Hope you're doing fine. Hope the "January 5, 2020" timestamp doesn't detract from the experience.
I'm doing fine. Just one thing: oh god, you were a dumbass. It's 7th January, not 5th. Ya bloody fool. It did detract from the experience; to quote Reviewbrah, "My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined."

How are those results? Did you manage to get at least a C in both [REDACTED] and History?
Yeah, I managed to do better than that! A C+ in [REDACTED] and a B+ in History. Happiest moment in my life at that point, goddamn!

If so, are you in college/university? Have you at least applied for it? Congrats, BTW. It's the end of an era, and the beginning of a new one. You're free. You have a degree of independence that past-me just wishes he had.
Hell yeah, I'm in uni! I'm busy, but I'm way happier here than I was at school. A new era has indeed begun! Freedom! Woo!

Funny you should refer to yourself as "he", though. You're nonbinary now! Or rather, you were all along, and you just didn't notice it until... November 21 (5 days earlier, if talking about the first clear indication) 2020. I swear there's a distinction. Don't worry, I still don't give a shit about my appearance, and I have no plans to give 2 shits about that for as long as I live. You see a potato, I see a potato, I think we're in agreement here.

I'm fairly sure you didn't exactly like he/him that much anyway; I remember you sorta forcing yourself to refer to yourself as he/him even this long ago. I think I have a timeline of things that led up to me "officially" (our parents won't recognize it, sure as hell our country won't, but at least I do) doing away with the whole "gender" thing somewhere in the filing cabinets of my mind.

Either way, stresses will be high. Any recurrence of the BLIPS? Suicidal ideation? Have you gone back to the antipsychotics that past-me hates with a burning passion? Your shrink's been gone for a year, but now she's back.

Honestly, your prediction... complete opposite of that. Lowest stress levels in my life! Mental stability has been at a 2-year high. Relatively-major drop at the start of COVID-19... hold on. So there was a global pandemic, everything sorta went to shit, and people are locked down now, can't go out of their homes.

It turns out that exercise (or going out in general) stabilizes your-- our, mental state, and when it's taken away... things go to shit real quick, I'll tell you that. It was basically the Bad Times of 2019, but, like, 70% of that. Brain still flooded with bad thoughts, but with a better understanding of my mental state and how it works, things were resolved relatively quickly. The diagnosis has been downgraded to "anxiety" plus a small amount of BLIPS under high stress. We're lucky. All we've ever gotten is delusions overvalued ideas and heightened senses.

I'm on antipsychotics, different ones, due to that whole shitshow. This time, however, my brain finally agrees with them and doesn't throw a massive hissy fit about how it's not being allowed to reach its full potential every time I take it. It's still no fun; brain don't work too good while under the effects of them. However, I need them to sleep, and that's the point at which my brain just gave up fighting against it.

Also, bad news: your shrink? She's gone to a different, private hospital. Can't see her anymore, not unless you fork out the dough. But then again, I didn't exactly feel that much need; with her and Mom's help, I've refined the tools that I use to stabilize my own mental state. I do have another shrink, don't worry, but it seems that I have had very little need to go to her specifically. It turns out that Mom's a pretty good shrink. Just that she can't directly prescribe me meds; she has to run it past my new shrink before the hospital would allow it.

Any new phones or other hobby-related things? Did you get a new phone? What you'd do with the A50? Custom ROM, perhaps? Trade-in? Lost, just like the J7 Prime!? Nah, I kid, I kid.

I've lost interest in phones; I thought they were getting a little stagnant (though I heard these folding phones might shake things up). Now, PCs, something you were last interested in forever (i.e. pre-2016) ago, I've seen some crazy shit going on. Everything's flipped around in 2020. AMD's beating Intel, AMD's actually competitive with Nvidia, Nvidia's buying ARM, shit's crazy out there! Only problem: can't buy any of their new stuff. All out of stock or marked up to hell. Whole pandemic's fucked up the logistics thing.

A50's a bit on the busted side, sorry to say. Not lost, thankfully; methinks the screen's just suffering from a loose connection. I do have this new, rugged-ass phone, so I'm hoping that thing survives longer under my care. I hope.

Anyway, that's all the time I have. Be good.
I will. I still remember you regretting this ending, like "Oh god, that's a shit ending, future-me won't like it", then the thread was inevitably closed, so you just had to accept it. I've made a better ending for next year's Time Capsule, don't worry.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2021, 10:57:28 am »

Aw, these are all so hopeful. And then 2020 happened. :P

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2021, 11:28:18 am »

I hope you're reading this from Ireland, and that it has actually been a successful move, not yet another nomad move of.mine.
 Also, if the former is successful, I also hope you get the chance to pursue things with her.

Well, I DID get back, only it was during a pandemic, and the girl with whom I hoped to get another chance had gotten another plan.
At least I'm relatively satisfied with my job, even though I've been ridden hard with lots of bad on call
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2021, 11:51:28 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

1. Better. Sorta.
2. Gone? Yes, it hasn't happened in a good long while. Identified? Not any more than we knew then.
3. I'm at college now. Also I've deconverted.
4. I talk to some of them a bit more.
5. They seem to be doing alright.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 11:45:13 pm by Eschar »

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2021, 03:51:23 pm »

Fuck you buddy.
I think you're talking about Might and Magic 3, they did ok. I never finished the game but I got what I wanted out of it.
Bannerlord is a massive disappointment, however it does appear that after closing on a year of being out they are adding things in. Tons of cut content though, it probably won't even be a great game, maybe a good one, if we're lucky.
SMT5 is a videogame, it's coming out in 2021.
I did not, for a variety of reasons, including the rise of a massive pandemic.
College is ok.
Todavia estoy hablando español, y ahora he empezado aprender japonés.
Haven't finished it, still not entirely sure about story of the stone.

Cyberpunk came out better than you expected, but probably not as good as people hoped. It's a whole thing.

I'm alright.

No.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2021, 06:40:40 am »

Probably, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it.

It was just as massive a piece of crap as I thought it would be, there was even a turn where no one posted any actions.
Never started the third one as the second went on the whole year, probably would have gone on longer but I was ready for it to be over so I drug it out behind the house and shot it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2021, 09:16:12 am »

It's definitely been wild looking at the difference in tone between these messages and the ones we wrote this year.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2021, 01:28:53 pm »

Haha, wow, my entry for this year was exactly the same except I was even less enthusiastic.  Needless to say, this did not happen, and does not instill me with significant confidence that this year will be any different.

Maybe I should have put something in this year's goal of finishing my CCNA certification, but I'm not really expecting to finish that either.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2021, 02:51:15 am »

I hope you are right. --> well, sort of !

I hope you have bought this new cello --> nearly done. Not "this" one, but another one. Probably better.

maybe a new computer too --> done

, and I hope my girlfriend will find a new job --> done !

I hope this crazy person working in the other departement has been fired in March --> August.

All in all, not so bad !
Pages: 1 2 [3]