Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Newbie Questions for MasterWork(newest version)  (Read 42670 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Questions for MasterWork(newest version)
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2014, 05:11:31 pm »

Odd... I started a new game, saved for dinner came back and couldn't load. Crash to Desktop on load...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

JDRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2014, 07:03:08 pm »

I have been taking a  break from Masterworks hoping their current  DF  version wouldn't keep making my dwarves die of thirst  but its happening there too..
I will work on something and I keep  crashing losing all my work from the last save, The only version I don't seem to be crashing is Fantastic, I actually like that  version bit   better than all of the other version I have played but  I am not exactly sure why.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2014, 12:23:18 am »

Glad to hear you're enjoying Fantastic, good luck! :D

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2014, 12:27:54 am »

Dammit, now I feel like I should develop that again since I'm aware of even a single person playing it.

JDRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2014, 05:18:32 pm »

The great thing with Fantastic is it really seems more stable, less crashing.
The hard part is it doesnt include dwarf therapist its done differently and I like the extras of Masterworks.
I just want to create and build.
No frusterating whiny dwarves refusing to do shit.
 I don't want to deal with death, combat though.
I wish there was mod for that.
I took a break from Masterworks to try the other games and all of them are dying of thirst.
I am really incredibly frustrated at the moment.
I just try again Masterwrks and they refused to haul supplies, they died even with over 200k worth of supplies in the wagon which included 400 drinks and legendary status from dfhack.
Vanilla version of df the  similar seems to be happening. I think its a bug but I am no programer or moder.
If I was a modder I create happier less combat, more builder and skill civilized farming, crafters, merchant mod of dwarf fortress

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2014, 05:36:20 pm »

Modding can't really do most of that.

Merchant-based stuff could be fun, though. A semi-far-off version of DF (probably in the next 3 years?) will have that included in vanilla, somewhat.

JDRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2014, 07:56:40 pm »

Yeah I am started to wonder about that.
Like why give us the option of changing the numbers like increase or decrease children or population, embarkment points or  evil/disruptions to game then totally have the games program forget about it and is just refuse to do it any of it and destroy my dwarves at embarkment?
I have been playing this game nonstop for weeks trying to figure it out and I am beyond frustrated at the moment.
I guess if I play the game all at all it just will be to make dig tracks save and close the game because soon as I unpause the game something is going to wrong and its just not fun for me.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2014, 08:24:54 pm »

The population is the maximum possible amount you can have in your fort, not your amount when you start the game.
Children is max children.
Embark points only matter when a new world is generated.
Evil/disruptions depend on your embark spot.

JDRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2014, 09:05:07 pm »

So if I want 0 children for the first 100  residents and 60 resident population limit why do children show up?
Why do when I select a calm or serene place with world with no invaders, low savagery, low evil have a alligator show up and eat my dwarves?
When I get higher embarkment allotment and population to start out with tons of supplies they refuse to do anything except die?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2014, 09:07:16 pm »

1. You're misunderstanding the child caps.
2. Alligators can show up in low savagery, low evil areas. They're not invaders, they're wild animals, and fairly normal ones at that.
3. Because you're not setting up correctly. You're doing something wrong along the way. For example, do your supplies include booze?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2014, 09:23:53 pm »

Yep. Lost an EPIC Human map where I could have a Castle/Bailey style fortress. Won't even load the World map now, crashes to desktop, how can I fix this???
Also, I was thinking that I wouldn't mind slowing down the Calenderspeed, cause with my PC at 300fps a year passes in like 2hrs or less. Makes setting things up hard to do and shit cause the moment I miss someone going Idle they have gone idle for half a month...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2014, 09:29:16 pm »

What's the obsession with not letting dwarves go idle, anyway? I've seen it a lot.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2014, 09:37:54 pm »

What's the obsession with not letting dwarves go idle, anyway? I've seen it a lot.
Idle hands means that wall isn't built or those trees are not cut down. Meaning things ain't done...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2014, 09:40:53 pm »

? No it doesn't. That'll happen at some point or another regardless.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2014, 09:56:54 pm »

? No it doesn't. That'll happen at some point or another regardless.
You clearly haven't had idle dwarves cause a fortress to fall to invaders cause you didn't give that smith that had no work to do some masonary or something like that...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7