Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Newbie Questions for MasterWork(newest version)  (Read 42490 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Questions for MasterWork(newest version)
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2014, 09:59:55 pm »

I can only imagine the opposite happening due to bad lever pulling.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2014, 08:42:50 pm »

When I first started playing this mod, I went right to adventurer mode and started a minotauros adventurer

Everything is shaded out as if it's dark unless I 'l'ook, is there a way to disable this feature? It hurts my eyes.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2014, 06:18:28 pm »

When I first started playing this mod, I went right to adventurer mode and started a minotauros adventurer

Everything is shaded out as if it's dark unless I 'l'ook, is there a way to disable this feature? It hurts my eyes.

Just fyi youll have a lot of trouble in adventure mode with Masterwork. Its really built around fort mode for balance. But what youre seeing is the rendermax lighting. Before you start up again turn off the rendermax setting in the launcher.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2014, 02:03:47 pm »

Sooo what job is making ink under?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2014, 05:04:25 pm »

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!
All of a sudden a few people went beserk and started fighting each other, no warning or announcement other then the fact EVERYONE is running away from that person, but I can't locate them cause they are not showing up as enemy or such making it harder to pin down what happened, then it looks like an undead curse happened cause BOOM someone's corpse just got up and explorded and then T_T WHAT IS GOING ON!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2014, 06:38:55 pm »

May be the cult, but I have never played with it enabled so I don't know.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2014, 06:41:38 pm »

Multiple possibilities, a mood gone bad or low morale are the ones that come to mind immediately.
What does your Dwarf Therapist says?

For the undead, sometimes, you can get hidden necromancers, I got a pair of kobold ones one time, and I had to resort to DFHack to kill them, because nothing seemed to undo their cloak.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2014, 07:42:33 pm »

On a scale to 1 to Giant Sponge, how bad are the Swamp Trolls?
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2014, 12:30:33 am »

On a scale to 1 to Giant Sponge, how bad are the Swamp Trolls?

'bout a 3

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2014, 06:06:06 am »

So I'm back from a huge hiatus, I doubt anybody remembers me. I ran a few community and succession forts, but that was literally years ago, during the time of the earliest MDF versions. All the new stuff puzzled me for a while.

Now, I have a situation: I summoned tundra creatures in the colosseum, and my military dispatched almost all of them. Almost. Two billard men remained - my men beat them senseless, their every body part is smashed, bent, broken, etc, but they just won't die. So now, I have two immortal punching bags for my newbie soldiers to train with.

This is neat and all, but:
 - I don't think it's intentional
 - It grows old quickly

So how do you kill the things? Of course I could drop the ceiling on them, boil them in magma, cast them in obsidian, the usual stuff, I know. But is there a non-vanilla way to deal with these guys now? I don't know, magic or something? Runic weapons? Firearms? Turrets?

I'm playing with humans, but I don't think that's important. The way I see it, humans can pull off almost everything the other races are capable of.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2014, 06:08:01 am »

Blizzard men, just like in vanilla df, need to be dissected. Large cutting weapons are best.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2014, 06:13:24 am »

I don't have a weaponry set up yet, so everybody still uses longswords and battleaxes, but I do have a couple of legendary blademen. Still, they just tear off muscles and things like that. It's been like that for an entire ingame season. Fighters only stop hacking at the things to get a drink. Oh well, I guess I'll build a weaponry and hand out some greataxes or something.
Thanks.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2014, 12:56:49 pm »

Hey Ishar, yes I remember you from the "old days".  Welcome back :)  No idea about your blizzardmen though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2014, 01:09:47 pm »

Oh yeah, I do remember you as well. I think you owe Mifki money :P You once said that you'd pay me if I can make the high-quality graphics happen... well, Mifki did. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2014, 05:12:24 pm »

In my experience, blizzard men range in threat levels from pathetic cowards to unholy killing machines with barely any middle ground. I suggest retreating into a line of cage/weapontraps depending on if you want to weaponize them.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 05:14:15 pm by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7