Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Galactic Champions [6/6]  (Read 5540 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Champions [6/6]
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2014, 03:43:48 pm »

Harmony nodded mentally to the She-Person

He sent her a mind-o-gram.

"Harmony is pleased with a beneficial agreement between sentients. This one will recognate your pernicious request on demand, pending corporeal status, to be determined in mortal conflict.

This one hopes your domestic situation remains and continues to be profitable to both gender parties!"

He floated away.

Harmony needed to learn to fight. He knew that some Eee-Warriors learned martial harmonics, to use their electrical impulses to sting and batter enemies-frankly, it was an outdated mode of combat, however. Most Eee used devices to achieve the same effect.

Harmony doubted he would get any such thing...

Action: Go to the training hall and learn to fight with my...magnetic field!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 03:45:25 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2014, 03:51:01 pm »

Sling a rock at his eyes, then go for his legs with my dagger.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2014, 10:36:17 am »

Waitlist me, please.

Name: The Roc
Race: Avian
Class: Bird Warrior
Appearance: A black-feathered bird of prey approximately the size of a very large dog, armed with beak and talons.  Cannot speak normally.
Background: Shipped off his planet looking for fame and glory.

Skills:
Physical: 4
Mental: 2
Social: 1
Luck: 2

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2014, 06:52:01 pm »

Stay still for a moment, than look at the corpse. "You forgot to say please.". Increase my physical by one.

Looking very intimidating and deadly, you allow a silence to pass before you deliver, "You forgot to say please." Some shady characters in the crowd smile and withdraw, but the rest are still mortified. You feel more confident in your strength and skills, as if winning actually gave you some sort of boost. ((Please update your new strength in your sheet!))

You are ushered out first, back to the room you were previously in. You return your weapons to the racks and tables. You hear the crowd grumbling while they disperse from the pit. As you leave your room, you are greeted by three men all in black. Two are large alien brutes, covered with tattoos and scars. The man in the middle is human, wearing a black hat, shades and a long black trench-coat.

"We saw how well you did back there, Knave. I must say, we're impressed. That was a very quick battle and a very decisive victory." He takes a bow. "You're probably tired, so I'll cut right to the chase: we are, um, spokespersons for a very rich alien prince looking for some fighters to promote him. We've been looking for someone like you; someone who doesn't flaunt or taunt but goes straight for the gold, you know?" He beckons to the two aliens who open a briefcase lined to the brim with Arena credits. He takes a stack and hands it to you.

"Let's say that was a welcoming gift. I'll let you go now, but seek us out if you want more in the Greatport. Ask for Dagger."

You gain 50 Arena credits!

acquire electodes, lazers, and a sponge. Find a melee battle of interest. Do battle.

You don't know where to find free electrodes or lasers in the stalls, but you do find a sponge laying around somewhere. You doubt you could afford electrodes or lasers right now anyway. You make for the fighting pits. Stepping up to the panel on the wall you specify for a melee battle. The only one left for today is a yield match. Seeing it as the only option, you take it.

The wall opens, allowing you to step inside a dark room with weapons placed on the table in the center of the room. You see a long, curved dagger, rusted with blood and age. The next one is a sling with a pack of stones. The third one is a quarterstaff with a metal head.

Outside the windows you can see your opponent: a shaggy, bestial alien, but far from intimidating. He bends over, limps, and constantly trips, much to the amusement of the crowd. Thick, white fur covers his whole body, making him look like a beanbag, but under those heavy furs you swear he just smiled at you through the window.

Action: Go to the training hall and learn to fight with my...magnetic field!

Heading for Conduit 3, you see many spectators begin to leave as the last of the fights commence. The stalls and tents as well begin to pack up, some owners leaving with the spectators on the shuttles and others sleeping in their own tents. The Arena gradually grows emptier and emptier. You learned somewhere before that when the Farport closes, the Greatport opens, and so on with the other two.

You arrive outside the training hall. Opening the doors, you seek out the Trainer. Many trainees and sparring fighters are beginning to cool down and pack their stuff. You see one of your shuttlemates finish up reading his books, putting them in a pile and thanking some elderly aliens. You find the Trainer conduit after a bit of searching in the vast hall. You ask him for training with your magnetic field.

"Are you sure? It is quite late. I could continue to operate after hours to watch over you, if you'd wish, but I fear it would be quite lonely. Nonetheless I could activate some drones as target practice. You can use your magnetic field to raise metals with lodestones in them and fling them at the drones."

Sling a rock at his eyes, then go for his legs with my dagger.

Wasting no time, you shrug the corpse off of you and place a stone into your sling. You wait for the right moment to fire. Your Physical is 3.

The alien turns so you get a clear shot of his eyes. His Physical is 5. Minus one penalty for being unaware.

Physical: Jex (1) vs. Brute (2)= No winner!

You accidentally loose the shot and it flies somewhere far off. However, that definitely got the brute's attention. He charges at you with unnatural speed. His Physical is 5.

You try to dodge. Your Physical is 3.

Physical: Brute (3) vs. Jex (6!)= Jex wins!

You dodge out of the way safe from harm while the brute slams into the ground as he tries to tackle you. You go for his legs with your dagger. Your Physical is 3.

The brute lays dazed on the ground. His Physical is 5. Minus one penalty for being unaware.

Physical: Jex (6!) vs. Brute (3)= Jex wins!

You slash both his legs leaving him unable to walk. The brute screams and the crowd roars. ((You lucky bastard with your double 6's.))

((Sorry this took a while!))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2014, 07:17:47 pm »

((I'm confused. How does it work with the different "ports"? Does one close, and then another one open? Why? what's the difference between them?))

"Of course." Put the credits in my pocket, and leave the room. Begin walking around the market, looking for a tough, sharp, brutal looking knife to buy.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2014, 07:20:55 pm »

((I'm confused. How does it work with the different "ports"? Does one close, and then another one open? Why? what's the difference between them?))

"Of course." Put the credits in my pocket, and leave the room. Begin walking around the market, looking for a tough, sharp, brutal looking knife to buy.

((The different ports are incredibly far away. It takes days to travel between them even with transport. One closes so the fighters and such can rest while focusing business on other ports.))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2014, 01:15:04 am »

((So... each of the ports still has fighters, though, right? Are they all still in the Arena?))
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2014, 02:05:11 am »

((Yeah. Each port has its own fighting pits with their own fighters. There're also grand pits in the center for large-scale battles and tournaments. Oh, and if you're thinking of going to other ports because there aren't any fights left in yours it's faster to just wait till the next day.))
Dying of laughter?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2014, 01:57:52 pm »

"Are you sure? It is quite late. I could continue to operate after hours to watch over you, if you'd wish, but I fear it would be quite lonely. Nonetheless I could activate some drones as target practice. You can use your magnetic field to raise metals with lodestones in them and fling them at the drones."

Action: Agree!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2014, 02:00:28 pm »

I promised to show this brute his own organs. Slice into is back with my dagger then rip out whatever disgusting alien organs he has and throw them in front of his face.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2014, 04:04:19 pm »

Take quarterstaff in my grasping appendage. Affix Sponge to Antenna. Pulse brightness in friendly greeting to honorable opponent. Ask if he'd like to yield now, or if we shall commence. Upon his response, celebrate victory, or commence bumping unceremoniously up against him with my exosuit, making noises and such as my suit allows - the louder the better.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2014, 04:52:04 pm »

Remember:

Money!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2014, 06:11:55 pm »

Take the beginner course. Do a good job. Buy some magazines to read whilst recovering the next day.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2014, 07:07:44 pm »

Placing the credits safely in your pocket you head back to the marketplace. It seems people are already packing up and leaving, so you decide to hurry up and see a vendor selling a sufficiently brutal knife. You can't seem to find a good place for reasonably priced weaponry. There is one weapons stall still open, but its wares are quite expensive. You check out its weapons on display. They aren't as high quality as their price would allow you to believe. However, there is a knife in a case that looks quite savage.

You call out to the owner to show you the knife. "This one? My friend, you will not be disappointed." The four-armed alien takes a key and opens the case, taking out the dagger. It's incredibly large with a well-designed handle. "Try it out, friend."

You place your palm snugly in the handle. It fits very well as the handle changes shape to match your hand. Swinging it, the knife begins to vibrate violently. "It is called Bleeder, my friend. It belonged to a particularly, uh, cruel man once. It may belong to you, if you can afford it. 50 credits."

50 credits is all you got, and frankly quite a sum, so the choice is yours.

Action: Agree!

You agree to the training program. The Conduit nods. He waves his arm and gestures and the drones begin to whir to life while a part of the hall comes to life with buzzing and glowing. The trainer gestures again and magnetic metal disks spawn out of a conveyor belt. It begins to dawn on you that the whole training hall is the training Conduit. The drones begin to hover about erratically.

"Begin."

You pick up a metal disk and fling it at a drone. Your Physical is 1.

Physical: Harmony (6)= Fail.

The disk goes completely off course and crashes into the wall behind. "Estimated training time: 12 hours. Continue."

After a long time of training it pays off and you gain a point into your Physical! (Update your sheet, please) You are exhausted and decide to head to your room to rest. It's not far; just a few floors up are the living halls. You also meet that fly from earlier today, on his way to
his own room.
I promised to show this brute his own organs. Slice into is back with my dagger then rip out whatever disgusting alien organs he has and throw them in front of his face.

You step over your fallen foe and draw back your dagger. Plunging it into his back you hear him scream as you drag the blade down. You reach inside and pull out some disgusting alien organs of unknown use and fling it in front of his face. The alien looks in shock.

"I promised you, didn't I?" You spit. "Fucking scum."

Many humans in the crowd cheer, but you draw looks from some aliens. Some men who look like soldiers are in the crowd as well. The AI projects VICTORY into the air and asks you for your prize: a metallic whip or allocate a point.

Take quarterstaff in my grasping appendage. Affix Sponge to Antenna. Pulse brightness in friendly greeting to honorable opponent. Ask if he'd like to yield now, or if we shall commence. Upon his response, celebrate victory, or commence bumping unceremoniously up against him with my exosuit, making noises and such as my suit allows - the louder the better.

Grabbing the quarterstaff and fixing the sponge to your antenna you step into the pit. You pulse in a friendly manner to your opponent, then ask him if he would like to yield.

"Um,uh, yield? Yeah, yeah, that would be good. The less blood the b-better, right?" he stutters, walking to you to shake your grasping appendage. His Physical is 5.

You suddenly feel his grip tightening. Your Physical is 2.

Physical: Shaggy (5) vs. *five-Delta (3)= Shaggy wins!

You are suddenly flung all across the pit, drawing laughter and screams from the crowd. Suddenly the shy-looking dog stands to his full height and his voice turns to a growl. "YIELDING IS FOR THE WEAK. FIGHT ME."

Take the beginner course. Do a good job. Buy some magazines to read whilst recovering the next day.

The Conduit reprograms the headset to basic self-defense and some low-intensity martial arts. Your Physical is 1.

Physical: Skopi (5)= Fail.

You can barely keep up with the training simulation. "Estimated training time: 10 hours. Continue."

It takes awhile but you manage to do fine. You finish a bit earlier than expected too, and you aren't as tired as you anticipated. You gain a point in Physical! (Update your sheet, please.) You take some magazines and books from the training hall to read the next day, but you sorely need sleep. You retire to your room, bumping into that guy from the shuttle earlier, the guy in a suit.
Dying of laughter?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2014, 07:14:09 pm »

He agreed to yield. Request a ruling from the judges for a victory on technicality.tilt quarterstaff toward foe. Try not to die and explode, which might damage the battle grounds.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4