Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49

Author Topic: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Guild Home Base - Theorycrafting!  (Read 68554 times)

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Guild Home Base - Roll 28
« Reply #645 on: February 24, 2015, 04:23:41 pm »

"Could I have a second to talk with you Mr. Tree, alone please.

Float away from the manager and check to make sure no one is listening.

"The Guild might be willing to set up a deal with you to get you a nice forest planet to live on. Although I`m not sure what they might want in exchange...Do you have any skills or knowledge they might find useful?"

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Guild Home Base - Roll 28
« Reply #646 on: February 24, 2015, 04:31:09 pm »

Still on radio.
"Ah, well I'll be careful with computer lady then, or is it lady computer? Does she have a name?"

Aliens tend to be frightened by corpses, I might need to do something about that then.

Move the crewmen corpses into the flooded room, and try to wipe off any blood or fluids that's splattered on the walls or computer cubes of the lady computer room.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 27, 2015, 02:18:21 am »

Port Anchorage, Northern Ridge, Askarian | 233d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Askarian Shores
Snow (Low visibility. Actions toward distant objects incur a small penalty based on distance)
Freezing Wind (-1 to all actions when exposed)

Take careful aim and wait for the asshat to look out of his cover, then pump him with lead.

[6/3] You train your shotgun on the hydrogen tank. Inevitably, the guy will have to leave it, so you keep waiting... and waiting... and waiting. You get the idea that he left the hydrogen tank's safety a while ago, and that he could be creeping up behind you right now.

--and then you hear footsteps on the platform above you. You peek out over the edge, but a few bullets convince you to stay put. You hear a puncturing sound, followed by Orion screaming incoherently, followed by a thud. The assassin reels in something that sounds like a fishing pole, and starts to drag Orion across the dock, away from your direction.

Habitat Ship Gamma, Askarian Orbit | 233d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Urban Station
City Manners (-1 to first impressions)

"Could I have a second to talk with you Mr. Tree, alone please.

Float away from the manager and check to make sure no one is listening.

"The Guild might be willing to set up a deal with you to get you a nice forest planet to live on. Although I`m not sure what they might want in exchange...Do you have any skills or knowledge they might find useful?"

"Did the insect not just recite the protocol of your guild? Do you mean that you have some level of authority here? Why were you so quick to bring the issue to a superior?"
The tree, now emitting plumes of golden dust, begins to sprout new shoots from its trunk, each of which quickly flower into leafy branches. He turns to the mantid,
"It seems that you will not be of much use to me, then. I shall go off to find an individual more sensitive to the needs of others."
The tree then rotates its massive body and begins to walk down the road, toward the outer edge of the city-ship where ships are docked.

The mantid, watching the tree trudge away across the road, appears clueless as to what to do.
"Do you know what this thing is capable of? If it's a threat then we should probably neutralize it. I hope we're not messing with some kind of reproducing Tree AI here, that would be terrifying."

The Jolly Roger, Franz| 238d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Zero Gravity
All items have no weight penalty.

Zero-G Flood
Laser weapons suffer a -2 penalty
All weapons have -1 accuracy

Still on radio.
"Ah, well I'll be careful with computer lady then, or is it lady computer? Does she have a name?"

Aliens tend to be frightened by corpses, I might need to do something about that then.

Move the crewmen corpses into the flooded room, and try to wipe off any blood or fluids that's splattered on the walls or computer cubes of the lady computer room.

Steve: She is a machine intelligence. Human sexes do not bear any particular significance, but the female sex is far more applicable to this being. She controls all of the manufacturing capabilities of the ship.
Charles: Don't true AI's generally require lots of micro-engineering and exotic materials to build?
Steve: I never said she could produce new intelligences on demand.

You take the time to haul the corpses into the room with the burst pipe. The door closes in front of you just as you toss in the last one. You look around reflexively, but see nothing else entering the server room.

Some of the computer cubes seem to be sucking up what's left of the water that spilled over into the server farm. Said cubes don't seem to be active anymore and lack the flashing lights that most of the active cubes are running. There are still water droplets about, and some of them are on trajectories that will send them into the air intakes of some of the computers rather than the circulation vents on the walls, ceiling, and floor.

The computer room leads into another hall with lockers on the sides. These lockers are much harder to open, but you manage to pry one open and find a security drone inside. Shaped like a humanoid but made entirely of metal, and lacking a head, its entire outer layer is covered in cameras that give it full coverage of its surroundings.

The hall leads into a long shaft with moving cargo rails that constantly lug boxes across at walking speed. The center of the shaft is clearly not meant to be floated through, as cargo constantly sweeps through and there are ladders that let you move down the shaft while staying close to the walls.

There are labels on the walls here, scrawled out in spray paint. You just came out of "CBank 1E," and the rest of the "CBanks"  are nearby. In a direction you call up is "Reactor Control 1" while downward is the "Armory 1." Going across will bring you to the "Magazines 1," whatever that means.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Guild Home Base - Roll 29
« Reply #648 on: February 27, 2015, 09:40:54 am »

"Ah, so she's a machine mother, now the female gender makes sense. Though I think I may have done partial water damage to Computer bank 1E."

Get the droplets away from the computers, minimize damage.

Magazines... that's either a comic store or something cannon related, maybe the loading mechanism for a gun, or maybe the railgun.

Check the door to the magazines, if unlocked go through, if locked, go to the armory (low on explosive charges).

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 28, 2015, 04:15:34 am »

"What the fuck do you want!?"

Get to the shore and try to shoot the guy.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 28, 2015, 10:12:12 am »

((If Vax gets done with the pirate battle, and come back, wouldn't she be heavily de-synchronized with the others?))

((Basically, can I abandon a character for a while until they're synchronized, and use another in that time.
I'm just curious, the question has popped into my mind quite often.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 28, 2015, 02:47:46 pm »

((You're right...

But the others will have to travel to a new location as well for the new mission, so they'll be re-synchronized. You are actually in-sync with the mission people, roughly.

As for swapping out characters... well... considering that people are allowed to create new characters if they die, I suppose you could do that. I wouldn't allow you to play them both at once though.))
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 02:52:14 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 28, 2015, 04:36:41 pm »

((Of course not, that would allow (and encourage) me to meta-game with the characters, and take up several spots in the posting queue. Which could chase away new players.
Having someone be mentally linked has it make sense for them to know what others are thinking. 2 people without this shouldn't be able to do this.
Not to mention the nightmare of separating the 2 actions, all the time.))

((Besides, most games have people only controlling one character at a time, and they're running well. If it aint broke, don't fix it.))

Edit: ((Eh, might as well do some fluff here.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 01:15:24 pm by Happy Demon »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 06, 2015, 03:10:43 am »

"Ah, so she's a machine mother, now the female gender makes sense. Though I think I may have done partial water damage to Computer bank 1E."

Get the droplets away from the computers, minimize damage.

Magazines... that's either a comic store or something cannon related, maybe the loading mechanism for a gun, or maybe the railgun.

Check the door to the magazines, if unlocked go through, if locked, go to the armory (low on explosive charges).

[4] Your jets can make a nice air current, so you fix yourself against a wall and push the air away from the fan intakes. Instead of inhaling water, the machine-mother is now inhaling smoke. Which is probably less harmful. Who knows.

[5] Most of the doors in this section of the ship are indeed locked down--by bulkheads each with a small window allowing you to see through. A lot of crewmen seem to have locked themselves inside closets, perhaps, because you see only darkness through most of the bulkheads. The rest consist of hallways blocked off, and you'll need explosives to get through. There are five hallways of interest you can count that are blocked off:
-A hall labelled "Armory"
-"PD emp. 1"
-"IronGate array"
-"Cafeteria"
-"Manufacturing"

There is also a hall leading to an infirmary, but that bulkhead opens automatically when you

More importantly, though, the magazines are completely unblocked. That is, they were unblocked at some point. You follow the halls all the way to your destination: A long room consisting of a catwalk over a mess of cables, shutters, capacitor banks, and a single rail up above the fixture itself (though up is relative) with a crane that lowers packages brought in by the rail into the giant machine.

As you pass the threshold of the chamber door, your suit registers two possible targets to either side of you. Before you are blown apart, you hold your arms forward and jet back, then example the sensor feeds: two giant men (or women) in power armor, with their weapons trained in the direction of the door. Your suit detects air vibrations from bullets whizzing through the air and paints their paths as lines on your heads-up-display. They were fired a split-second after you fled. The suited men start jetting toward the door, however, and it may be in your best interest to run, or at least take up cover. Inside the passage you are in there is another passage to the right,  a small locker to the left probably containing some tools, and a few large cylinders sticking out of the wall--which would make bad cover, but could help steady your weapon and mitigate inaccurate fire. You're not sure what types of weapons the soldiers were using, though.

"What the fuck do you want!?"

Get to the shore and try to shoot the guy.

The guy tosses Orion's limp body in an open-top speedboat parked in one of the crevices of the floating platform network. He starts climbing aboard when you pop out and take a few potshots, then retreat back to cover.

[5] As you retreat to water-level, you see something very important fall into the water from the opposite side of the pier--the assassin's gun.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 06, 2015, 08:51:27 am »

I could take cover, but they'd expect that.

Stay behind the door, ready the heavy rifle in my hands, and have the spear on my back. When they get a clear line of sight, try to jet into one of them with the spear, so I can fire the rifle at the other.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 09, 2015, 10:58:01 am »

((Whoops...That's what I get for posting while tired. I had completely forgot that the Mantas guy worked for the Guild.))

"It seems to be very powerful. I`m not sure confronting it would be the best idea. Maybe we should just follow it first and see what it plans on doing."

Whether or not the Mantoid follows, begin floating after the tree.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 09, 2015, 11:04:59 am »

((Eh, fluff time.))
Edit: ((More fluff.))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 03:11:56 pm by Happy Demon »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 09, 2015, 05:53:49 pm »

Grab his gun and chase him.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 10, 2015, 03:09:16 pm »

((Eh, time to fluff.))
Edit: ((Fluff fluff.))
Edit 2: ((Fluff fluff fluff.))
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 02:52:44 pm by Happy Demon »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 13, 2015, 04:30:42 pm »

Port Anchorage, Northern Ridge, Askarian | 233d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Askarian Shores
Snow (Low visibility. Actions toward distant objects incur a small penalty based on distance)
Freezing Wind (-1 to all actions when exposed)

Grab his gun and chase him.

You swim over to the weapon. The assassin does not seem to be reaching for the gun, but instead tries to start the boat. You take the time to examine the weapon.

It's a fine gun, a model you've never used yourself but recognize by its grip and feel. It's known for its low recoil, custom high caliber with support for fragmentation bullets, and advanced aim assistance mechanisms. You decide to give it a testy shot into the water, [2] activating the security mechanism and causing the dreamlike weapon to explode in your hand.

Habitat Ship Gamma, Askarian Orbit | 233d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Urban Station
City Manners (-1 to first impressions)

((Whoops...That's what I get for posting while tired. I had completely forgot that the Mantas guy worked for the Guild.))

"It seems to be very powerful. I`m not sure confronting it would be the best idea. Maybe we should just follow it first and see what it plans on doing."

Whether or not the Mantoid follows, begin floating after the tree.

[4] The tree walks off into the park, where it sets its roots near a large hole in the ground where the dirt has been overturned. Its crown descends, turning into a human-sized treant with a long, wooden beard and a spindly frame. The wooden carving (it's "head") appears to be located in the treat's torso.

The tree ("treebeard," as you call him) sits down and becomes to take twigs and branches from the former living tree body. He starts to form it into shapes--instruments, mainly. Ocarinas, small flutes, and even a small ukulele with a small fiber string.

The Jolly Roger, Franz| 238d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Zero Gravity
All items have no weight penalty.

I could take cover, but they'd expect that.

Stay behind the door, ready the heavy rifle in my hands, and have the spear on my back. When they get a clear line of sight, try to jet into one of them with the spear, so I can fire the rifle at the other.

Initiative:
[3+3] Vax
[2+1] Space Marine 1
[1+1] Space Marine 2

[3] vs (6+1) The first marine, the one you target in your daring attempt, responds with almost-robotic precision. He is unable to bring his gun to bear in time, but manages to grab you by the torso and fling you into the long room like a frisbee, causing you to spin around until you get hit by a cargo crate sliding along the rail. Ouch.

(2) vs [5+2] The crate provides excellent protection from fire, however, and you maneuver behind it so that you can avoid incoming machine gun fire from the two space marines.

(4) vs [1+2] Then, the crate shatters, and its contents start to leak. Styrofoam pours out like liquid, behind you, and eventually the back plate falls out, releasing a what appears to be a large capacitor.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49