Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Godgranite, the Fortress Political Strife (Succession Fort) (5 dwarves open)  (Read 1292 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

As you dive through the ancient ruins of Nonlolok, you are in awe of the place.  How such a fortress came from a lost merchant troop is beyond you.  After a time of admired observation of your first contact with the fortress, you return to what you had been hired to do, find out why this place had fallen.  After some searching, you come across a room containing the journals of the fortress's overseers.  You manage to find the earliest, an old dog leather bound book.

Malachite 12, 166
We have set out from the Mountain Halls of Tatkogan for trade with the Hall of Rigothnakas.  If I am right about this shortcut through the Hill of Ruins using the deserts that are scattered throughout it, we might be able to make a great deal of profit.

Slate 5, 166
We have reached the edge of the Dunes of Bearing, the last known desert into the heart of the Hill of Ruins.  Now we go into the depths.  The others are doubting the continuation of this venture, many trained soldiers have been known to be lost within these hills.  Some began to practice a few superstitions, but the guards managed to convince them to stop.  While they are scared as well, nothing can sober up a mercenary like the promise of the level of coin we will be getting from this venture.

You note that many pages are missing at this point, apparently torn out in an effort to hide what happened as they traveled through the hills.  At the next page, it continues in a different handwriting than before.  Differences cannot be attributed to the author having been shaken or out of practice, but a new author taking up the reins.  You wonder what happened to the original for a time before continuing.

Obsidian 15, 166
We saw the edge of this accursed hell today.  As the mountains of our salvation rise out of the west and none in the north, we can only assume we crossed the whole biome.  We're the first dwarves to have done so without crossing through the narrow section near Sazirezum.  Might have been a cause for celebration if we weren't simply so glad we were nearing the end of this place.

Granite 15, 167
One of the others gave me this report.  No idea how accurate this is, place names likely being made up for the most part, but at least it is something.

We'll bunker down on these cliffs until someone comes...if someone comes...

Rules:
1) Turns last for 1 real-life week, 1 in-game year, or until the dwarf you named dies, whichever comes first.
2) If you do not respond after 3 days of your turn starting, you will be skipped.  You will be alerted via pm if you do not show up within 1 day.
3) Post a log of events of what happens during your reign.
4) Each overseer, upon signing up, will also include their dwarf's political alignment, selecting a primary and secondary view from the list below.  These views determine how your dwarf will run the fortress, focusing on expanding the industries listed within the view.  You can expand those outside of the two views, but you must have the ones listed inside expanded the furthest out of all the industries.  You may choose to wait to select your views until the fortress nears your turn, but you must have them selected before you look at the save.

Dwarven: Acts to promote Metal, Mechanics, and Mining industries.  Dwarven Caravans get greater profit than other caravans.
Elven: Acts to promote Farming, Medical, and Animal Taming industries.  Elven Caravans get greater profit than other caravans. (Would normally apply, but the elves have been wiped out.)
Human: Acts to promote Fishing, Crafting, and Woodcutting industries.  Human Caravans get greater profit than other caravans.
Goblin: Acts to increase Military power (includes Siege, Weaponsmithing, etc).  Has disdain for all Caravans.  May seize goods to not have to deal with other industries.
5) The save must still be playable after you pass on the turn.  If it is impossible to continue, then we will roll back to the turn before so the game may be continued.

If there are any suggestions of ways to add more political strife, please post them.

Open Dwarves
Spoiler: Kol Roldethmeng (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dodok Kogancuggan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zuglar Limulrigoth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Urist Mishosfikod (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Adil Omristvabok (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 02:35:21 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Godgranite, the Fortress Political Strife (40.07 Succession Game)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 09:33:58 pm »

-Reserved for Overflow and Organization-
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll have a dwarf :) dwarf; goblin

ALSO HOLY CRAP Menkot Ushulbomrek likes platinum... and war hammers. I'll take him as my dwarf please, and make him the weaponsmith of the fort if possible :)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:27:56 am by Skullsploder »
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I'll have a dwarf :) dwarf; goblin

ALSO HOLY CRAP Menkot Ushulbomrek likes platinum... and war hammers. I'll take him as my dwarf please, and make him the weaponsmith of the fort if possible :)

Okay then.  Wanting a turn as well?

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure, why not :)
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

zlob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May I have a dwarf and a turn?
If so, I pick Urist as my dwarf. :)
I follow the Dwarven Path.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:37:36 pm by zlob »
error: 'long long long' is too long

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I please claim Adil as my dwarf?
I am currently contemplating asking for a turn, but do you need to have played a turn to claim a dwarf? ::)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Terrifying seems manageable.  :D

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Never mind. This thread seems awful dead.