Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Wheel of Saints: Fallen Empire  (Read 2446 times)

foxsoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Wheel of Saints: Fallen Empire
« on: November 10, 2014, 08:30:17 am »

"The Wheel of Saints: Fallen Civilization

Its the Year 200. The Wheel of Saints remains in ruins since the death of our last ruler: Endok Chuckmanor. Due to constant harassment from legendary creatures early in our civilizations creation we were few in numbers. After sometime the goblins grew strong enough to fight against us. We have won many battles and lost equally as well. Soon as their Demonic King finally joined their battles the Branded Union, humans, declared war on us.

Now the humans drive us out of our homelands, and the goblins taking possession of our hillocks. We now look forward for new lands to call regain our strength. Someday we'll return to reclaim our halls of our fathers."

So I wanted to play a game where a civilization was pretty much dead. It shouldn't even appear on the map selection for dwarven fortresses. In the current forts they're goblins and humans in possession of them. Not a single dwarf lives inside the forts.

I already expect the no liaison message to appear, but I was curious what would happen if I resigned the fort. Would it treat it like a normal civilization? Would a Baron or King be available? So I decided I'll do a story for these dwarfs. To show their climb back up in civilization status.

Other then that, I wanted to see if you guys rather not see a story of a fort with no goblin attacks or you don't care. If you don't care then I was going to position them in a secluded location. Please let me know if your interested in this story.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Wheel of Saints: Fallen Empire
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 03:01:15 am »

Posting to follow. Sounds very interesting. I wonder if you will get immigrants?

foxsoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 06:05:56 pm »

I wonder if you will get immigrants?
This is something I wonder as well. I am going to place this in a fairly secluded area in a mirthful zone so they can grow and test if I can get them to act as a normal civilization. Then when they're well off, I'll do some more dangerous areas. First I need to see if they survive!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"You have arrived. After a journey from the Mountainhomes into the forbidding wilderness beyond, your harsh trek has finally ended. Your party of seven is to make an outpost for the glory of all of Kol Tolun.
There are almost no supplies left, but with stout labor comes sustenance. Whether by bolt, plow or hook, provide for your dwarves. You are expecting a supply caravan just before winter entombs you, but it is Spring now. Enough time to delve secure lodgings, ere the leopards get hungry. A new chapter of dwarven history begins here at this place, Sakrithol Kol, "Blazeddep of Wheels". Strike the earth!"

The first year is underway and I'll continue to carve out the place until something significant happens. Since this is a peaceful area there isn't going to be a lot to talk about.

foxsoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 06:15:25 am »

Throughout the year this is what happened. The embarking dwarves settled without any conflict from the wilderness. Bare Essentials have been established early on. Following initial lodging the miners have begun mining down into the stone, carving out storage for stone and wood. Eventually the chickens will be moved down to have a secure place to nest.

Three migrants did arrive in the summer.

A caravan did arrive but without a Liaison, however they claimed to be from 'The Wheel of Saints.' Remembering back, I do recall the civilization didn't have a queen for well over 40 years. Checking the legends a new queen was formed, she quickly climbed the ranks from a lowly diplomat to Queen in just one year. Oddly, she is a member of a goblin civilization and was a former diplomat for them. Checking the legends map the original cities that are still marked on the map are lacking any dwarf population which the caravan is coming from.

With no crafts prepared, I decided we could spare some of the drinks to trade since we can easily replace them.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 08:25:37 pm »

Oddly, she is a member of a goblin civilization and was a former diplomat for them

Right, totally makes sense.

foxsoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 12:25:08 am »

Oddly, she is a member of a goblin civilization and was a former diplomat for them

Right, totally makes sense.
She is also obsessed with living forever.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 02:09:36 am »

Right.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 04:01:40 am »