Poll

What should be the next race?

Dragonborn
Tieflings
Goliaths
Thri-Kreen
Drow

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dungeon Fortress 0.4.7 - Tales of Terror & Viciousness - D&D in DF  (Read 10890 times)

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welcome to my mod! If you like, please post! I LOVE hearing about how your fortress collapsed due to a single dire wolf, or how your invincible Duegar militia routed an 80-man yuan-ti siege.  :D

WARNING: THIS IS STILL IN TESTING. IT MAY BE UNBALANCED.

Lore:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Piscesi chant terrible prayers to their flesh-hungry god; Duegar cackle maliciously and summon terrible beasts from Hell itself; Illithids scheme in enslaving cities; Bullywugs gurgle and croak in their foul swamps - only a taste of Dungeon Fortress once it is complete.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10044

Current Goals:

Civilizations:
Creatures:

Guides:

Changelog:
Now, if anyone wants to help, please post! I could do with another pair of hands, mainly for workshops and reactions. Also, it would be REALLY fantastic if there was someone capable and willing to create a texture pack.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 06:23:47 pm by Illogical_Blox »
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

infiniteunrest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Fortress - Tales of Terror & Viciousness - D&D in DF
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 06:23:42 pm »

Sounds great. Can't wait to see more.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Fortress - Tales of Terror & Viciousness - D&D in DF
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 06:31:48 pm »

Sounds great. Can't wait to see more.
Thanks!

A new version of Dungeon Fortress is out!
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"

Rhys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Fortress 0.3.5 - Tales of Terror & Viciousness - D&D in DF
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 03:55:02 pm »

Hey, I saw the first version of this thread and really hoped you will actually release it someday. I am glad you did it, thanks!

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 01:37:48 am »

Now, if anyone wants to help, please post! I could do with another pair of hands, mainly for workshops and reactions. Also, it would be REALLY fantastic if there was someone capable and willing to create a texture pack.
I don't really mind helping with this mod in terms of reactions and workshops, the premise sounds good. Is there anything I can help you with?
I do stuff, I guess

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 02:35:19 pm »

Hey, I saw the first version of this thread and really hoped you will actually release it someday. I am glad you did it, thanks!
Nice to know I have a supporter!  :D What are you doing? Piscesi? Dwarves? Duegar?
I don't really mind helping with this mod in terms of reactions and workshops, the premise sounds good. Is there anything I can help you with?
Epic! The premise is that Piscesi have to first crush an ore and THEN smelt the dust, as they do not understand the metal-shaping ways of dwarves. They also need a Steelworks to manipulate and smelt steel. This would require a Steelworks and Ore Crusher workshop. If you could do this, it would be awesome. If you want, you can just make one reaction series (for, say, iron ore -> iron dust -> iron & pig iron -> steel -> steel breastplate) and I can copy that to do the rest of the metals & armours.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 08:10:55 pm »

Epic! The premise is that Piscesi have to first crush an ore and THEN smelt the dust, as they do not understand the metal-shaping ways of dwarves.
I have a couple of questions for you. Firstly, is the reaction 100% efficient? That means to say that do they either have to use dust from multiple pieces of ore to smelt into the same number of bars dwarves can with one ore, or does the reaction to crush ore into powder not yield powder all the time?
Second, do you want the powder to be powder powder for realism's sake or do you want it to be a "toy" powder, like the gunpowder in the Fallout:Equestria mod, for stacking purposes?
They also need a Steelworks to manipulate and smelt steel. This would require a Steelworks and Ore Crusher workshop. If you could do this, it would be awesome. If you want, you can just make one reaction series (for, say, iron ore -> iron dust -> iron & pig iron -> steel -> steel breastplate) and I can copy that to do the rest of the metals & armours.
I'll post this later in the day.

Also, is there any particular look you want in the Steelworks/Orecrusher Workshop? Any particular building materials? Personally, for the Steelworks, I would include at least an anvil and for the Orecrusher Workshop at least a quern/millstone.

EDIT:Raws
Not so sure what you wish as the build items, so it is tentative, along with the hot key to build. Remember to add PERMITTED_BUILDING:STEELWORKS to the entity.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:08:46 pm by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 10:23:45 pm »

Epic! The premise is that Piscesi have to first crush an ore and THEN smelt the dust, as they do not understand the metal-shaping ways of dwarves.
I have a couple of questions for you. Firstly, is the reaction 100% efficient? That means to say that do they either have to use dust from multiple pieces of ore to smelt into the same number of bars dwarves can with one ore, or does the reaction to crush ore into powder not yield powder all the time?
Second, do you want the powder to be powder powder for realism's sake or do you want it to be a "toy" powder, like the gunpowder in the Fallout:Equestria mod, for stacking purposes?
They also need a Steelworks to manipulate and smelt steel. This would require a Steelworks and Ore Crusher workshop. If you could do this, it would be awesome. If you want, you can just make one reaction series (for, say, iron ore -> iron dust -> iron & pig iron -> steel -> steel breastplate) and I can copy that to do the rest of the metals & armours.

Also, is there any particular look you want in the Steelworks/Orecrusher Workshop? Any particular building materials? Personally, for the Steelworks, I would include at least an anvil and for the Orecrusher Workshop at least a quern/millstone.

Not so sure what you wish as the build items, so it is tentative, along with the hot key to build. Remember to add PERMITTED_BUILDING:STEELWORKS to the entity.
Steelworks looks good for now; I'll check it in game tomorrow.  As for Ore Crusher, yeah, one stone and two millstones would be good I think.

For now, I suppose the crushing reaction should be 100% efficient,  and create actual powder.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 04:08:27 pm »

Steelworks looks good for now; I'll check it in game tomorrow.  As for Ore Crusher, yeah, one stone and two millstones would be good I think.

For now, I suppose the crushing reaction should be 100% efficient,  and create actual powder.
The steelworks creates an error:
Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/building_dungeon.txt"
Unrecognized Building Definition Type: BUILDING
Unrecognized Building Definition Type: NAME
Unrecognized Building Definition Type: NAME_COLOR
Unrecognized Building Definition Type: DIM
Unrecognized Building Definition Type: WORK_LOCATION
Unrecognized Building Definition Type: BUILD_LABOR
Unrecognized Building Definition Type: BLOCK
Unrecognized Building Definition Type: TILE
Unrecognized Building Definition Type: COLOR
Unrecognized Building Definition Type: BUILD_ITEM
Unrecognized Building Definition Type: BUILDMAT
Unrecognized Building Definition Type: WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY
Unrecognized Building Definition Type: CAN_USE_ARTIFACT
Unrecognized Building Definition Type: BUILD_ITEM
EDIT: New update is out.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 06:49:50 pm by Illogical_Blox »

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Fortress 0.4 - Tales of Terror & Viciousness - D&D in DF
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 09:25:43 am »

Oops, sorry about that, BUILDING should be replaced by BUILDING_WORKSHOP.

One thing I want to ask, for the ore powder to bars ratio, do you want it to be same
Wait, 100% as in same yield as dwarves, or powder all the time? I assume the latter until further clarification.

And sorry about not posting more raws, been kinda busy lately. More will come later.

EDIT: More RAWS
Spoiler: Ore Crusher building (click to show/hide)
Once again, remember to put [PERMITTED_BUILDING:ORE_CRUSHER] into the entity.

And because I am lazy, generic crush ore reaction:
Let me know if you want something a bit less...generic.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 12:18:11 pm by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 04:29:04 pm »

Oops, sorry about that, BUILDING should be replaced by BUILDING_WORKSHOP.

One thing I want to ask, for the ore powder to bars ratio, do you want it to be same
Wait, 100% as in same yield as dwarves, or powder all the time? I assume the latter until further clarification.

And sorry about not posting more raws, been kinda busy lately. More will come later.

EDIT: More RAWS
Spoiler: Ore Crusher building (click to show/hide)
Once again, remember to put [PERMITTED_BUILDING:ORE_CRUSHER] into the entity.

And because I am lazy, generic crush ore reaction:
Let me know if you want something a bit less...generic.
Hmm... could you create a reaction for iron ore? I can't seem to get it to work.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 09:06:39 pm »

Hmm... could you create a reaction for iron ore? I can't seem to get it to work.
Does it give errors in the errorlog?
I do stuff, I guess

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 11:24:56 am »

Does it give errors in the errorlog?
Now, but I changed the reaction to havr METAL_ORE:HEMATITE instead of METAL_ORE:NONE, for testing, which is probably wrong.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 11:30:38 am »

From what I have seen in the raws, it should be METAL_ORE:IRON, for iron bearing ore. I think the original reactions to smelt ore into bars at the smelter is hardcoded.
Also, the steel to stuff reactions are just like vanilla in turns of bars:stuff ratio, correct? Do they require additional resources like fuel?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 11:33:04 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 12:50:38 pm »

From what I have seen in the raws, it should be METAL_ORE:IRON, for iron bearing ore. I think the original reactions to smelt ore into bars at the smelter is hardcoded.
Also, the steel to stuff reactions are just like vanilla in turns of bars:stuff ratio, correct? Do they require additional resources like fuel?
OK, silly mistake then.  :)

Si, the steel to stuff needs vanilla no. of bars to stuff and fuel. They and steel-making are performed at the steelworks.

EDIT: The reaction does not give powder.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:38:37 pm by Illogical_Blox »
Pages: [1] 2 3