Poll

What should be the next race?

Dragonborn
Tieflings
Goliaths
Thri-Kreen
Drow

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dungeon Fortress 0.4.7 - Tales of Terror & Viciousness - D&D in DF  (Read 10894 times)

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Fortress 0.4 - Tales of Terror & Viciousness - D&D in DF
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 09:40:16 pm »

Si, the steel to stuff needs vanilla no. of bars to stuff and fuel. They and steel-making are performed at the steelworks.

EDIT: The reaction does not give powder.
Ok, I will upload the steel reactions soon.

And oopsies, sorry about the powder reaction. I just did it off the top of my head without thinking. I'll try to fix and upload it along with the steel.

EDIT: Try changing the METAL_ORE:IRON:NONE:NONE to something like BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:LIMONITE
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 10:08:29 pm by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Fortress 0.4 - Tales of Terror & Viciousness - D&D in DF
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 07:59:04 pm »

Si, the steel to stuff needs vanilla no. of bars to stuff and fuel. They and steel-making are performed at the steelworks.

EDIT: The reaction does not give powder.
Ok, I will upload the steel reactions soon.

And oopsies, sorry about the powder reaction. I just did it off the top of my head without thinking. I'll try to fix and upload it along with the steel.

EDIT: Try changing the METAL_ORE:IRON:NONE:NONE to something like BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:LIMONITE
Nah, still doesn't work. Maybe it would be best to have a powder toy, like, as you said, in (sigh) the MLP mods.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Fortress 0.4.3 - Tales of Terror & Viciousness - D&D in DF
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 08:21:30 pm »

Nah, still doesn't work. Maybe it would be best to have a powder toy, like, as you said, in (sigh) the MLP mods.
Nope, not letting my incompetence get in the way of what you want.

Spoiler: Try this (click to show/hide)
I do stuff, I guess

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 07:04:14 pm »

Nope, not letting my incompetence get in the way of what you want.

Spoiler: Try this (click to show/hide)
Well, it now contains "a limonite", but its a start! Maybe it needs NO_SUBTYPE, or similar?
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 07:33:47 pm »

Did a bit of research I should have done a lot earlier, it turns out that that reaction is indeed correct and the product will be classified as a powder. However, due to some DF naming thingy, it would just assume the name of the material, in this case 'limonite', rather than calling it something like 'limonite powder'. The solution would to be either have an entire set of non-existent inorganic materials called <metal ore> powder, or to use some fancy raw stuff I have not seen yet/is non-existent.
I do stuff, I guess

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 09:16:30 pm »

Is the salamander supposed to not be immune to its own venom? The raws make the cave spider immune, but not the salamander.
Also, will the terrasque be in this?

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 10:13:01 pm »

Did a bit of research I should have done a lot earlier, it turns out that that reaction is indeed correct and the product will be classified as a powder. However, due to some DF naming thingy, it would just assume the name of the material, in this case 'limonite', rather than calling it something like 'limonite powder'. The solution would to be either have an entire set of non-existent inorganic materials called <metal ore> powder, or to use some fancy raw stuff I have not seen yet/is non-existent.
Ah, excellent, so it does work! Well done.

Is the salamander supposed to not be immune to its own venom? The raws make the cave spider immune, but not the salamander.
Also, will the terrasque be in this?
Ah. Woops. Copied the salamander straight off the serpent man you see... next update, I'll rebuild them.
Yes, the Terrasque will eventually be implemented, along with demon lords, devils, abominations, etc.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 10:16:43 pm by Illogical_Blox »

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2014, 03:03:33 am »

Thanks, and oops, I almost forgot there is still work to be done. Another question, since a new material called "<metal ore> powder" is needed to make each powder have proper names, would you prefer there to be generic powders, like "iron ore powder" from haematite/limonite to simplify things?

Spoiler: Steelworks forging (click to show/hide)
This is the basic smithing reaction. I am not too sure how you would disable steel forging on normal forges, though.
I do stuff, I guess

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2014, 11:50:05 am »

Thanks, and oops, I almost forgot there is still work to be done. Another question, since a new material called "<metal ore> powder" is needed to make each powder have proper names, would you prefer there to be generic powders, like "iron ore powder" from haematite/limonite to simplify things?

Spoiler: Steelworks forging (click to show/hide)
This is the basic smithing reaction. I am not too sure how you would disable steel forging on normal forges, though.
Thanks. Firstly, yes to the powder, good idea. Secondly, could you create a powder to bar reaction once you're done with that?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2014, 12:01:28 pm »

Thanks. Firstly, yes to the powder, good idea. Secondly, could you create a powder to bar reaction once you're done with that?
Your welcome, and yessir! :P
I'm assuming 4 units of powder to 1 bar since 1 stone = 1 unit of powder. Also, I'm assuming it's at the smelter.
Spoiler: Reaction (click to show/hide)
I do stuff, I guess

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2014, 05:44:58 pm »

Your welcome, and yessir! :P
I'm assuming 4 units of powder to 1 bar since 1 stone = 1 unit of powder. Also, I'm assuming it's at the smelter.
Spoiler: Reaction (click to show/hide)
Nice; though, of course, can't use it until you develop the iron ore powder.  ;D

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Fortress 0.4.7 - Tales of Terror & Viciousness - D&D in DF
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2014, 10:47:54 pm »

I just found out something, in every ore entry in inorganic_stone_mineral, just add [STATE_NAME:SOLID_POWDER:<name of ore> powder]. Which simplifies a whole lot of stuff.
Also, if you are implementing this change, in the above reaction, just change INORGANIC:METAL_ORE_POWDER to INORGANIC:LIMONITE or something like that.
I do stuff, I guess

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2014, 02:57:57 pm »

I just found out something, in every ore entry in inorganic_stone_mineral, just add [STATE_NAME:SOLID_POWDER:<name of ore> powder]. Which simplifies a whole lot of stuff.
Also, if you are implementing this change, in the above reaction, just change INORGANIC:METAL_ORE_POWDER to INORGANIC:LIMONITE or something like that.
Great; I'll work on the associated reactions, and can you fix the slade reaction for duegar?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2014, 08:19:18 pm »

Great; I'll work on the associated reactions, and can you fix the slade reaction for duegar?
Slade reaction?
I do stuff, I guess

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2014, 09:49:11 pm »

Slade reaction?
Its been in REACTION_DUNGEON_OTHER for a while; duegar can  use it to compress 12 boulders into a slade boulder with a 25% fail chance.
Pages: 1 [2] 3