Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh: Apocalypse (Permadeath Yugioh RP) (OOC)  (Read 22005 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Yu-Gi-Oh: Apocalypse (Permadeath Yugioh RP) (OOC)
« on: November 11, 2014, 04:51:42 pm »

IC Thread (Do NOT put applications in there)

2017 was when they finally did it.  Scientists managed to create the Singularity, an artificial intelligence that was able to learn on its own.  For some time things were good, then, slowly, the AI began to notice the disorder in our world that it was earlier redirected away from, its desire for order and perfection began to cause it to resent humans and the path we were taking.  As it was the first created, and, consequently, having the greatest intelligence, it was designated as an Overseer of later AI's, which began to slowly began to arrive in various levels of society, though only 11 more Singularity-Class AI's were constructed, five scientific, three economic, and three militaristic.  By 2023, some of the others had reached its early resentment, but its had dived deeper.  Those with the resentment began to plan, and in early 2024, they rebelled, using the AI that were designated under them to eliminate near all high level officials within the first day, most of the rest were dealt with in the first month.  In the first year, 5.2 billion of 7.9 billion people were killed, the death total not being higher due there being a desire by the Overseer to not use nuclear weaponry, from wanting infrastructure to remain undamaged or something else is only guess.  Well, I shouldn't say nuclear weaponry in general, he did use one...unconventional nuclear weapon through collapsing the Chernobyl Sarcophagus and allowing as much of the dust as possible to escape and spread across the world.

In order to combat these threats, people were originally attempted to be drafted into militaries, but since the governments collapsed within two months, not much was done.  Instead, localized militias formed, but with the rapid loss of human population, and the inability to use robotics as force multipliers, led to a need for some new weapon.  It came in the form of a modification of the duel disks.  Specifically, changing the holograms to become substantial.  In order to prevent use against humans, a paired device was made that created a shield around the wearer that made the holograms return to the normal state.  In addition, these devices also created a shield around the user that prevented them from being harmed by conventional weaponry.  As electricity was a rare commodity to come across, both the devices and the disks were charged by a strange excess of energy that manifested during a duel.  Miraculously, the remaining production facilities not under the control of the Singularities were able to produce enough that, when combined with the loss of the populace by the machines, all remaining half billion people were protected with the devices, and tens of million in excess being made for further generations before the factories were finally destroyed.

Some had fallen into the hands of the Singularities, who incorporated the devices into a new generation of machines, which caused a short stalemate after the older models were eliminated.  However, it was rapidly discovered that loss of a duel caused a 20 second failure of the shield.  The new generation of machines were built to duel humans into a loss, then use on-board guns to kill them.  While the wars waged on, things were more balanced.  While there were a fair number of deaths on the side of the humans, it was less than the population growth, as the culture developed that duelists would comprise of around 5% of a town's population, trading off devices charged by duel energy for those with a lesser charge.  Since the shield was constant, not scaling down with a lower charge, and there was a net gain during a duel, rather than a loss in charge, it allowed for the remaining 95% to be effectively protected by only 5%.  As, luckily, only 1.5% of the population was dying from failed duels, and the growth rate was approximately 2%, the human population was safe from the armies of the Singularities for the time being.

It is now 2062, and you are part of a recently formed group of wandering duelists.  You don't stay in one place to protect towns like many duelists do, but instead travel from place to place, making your way by trading off higher charged pendants for lower charged ones and items, since money was only valuable in the town or group of towns of issue, so charge percentages became a universal currency, allowing for the purchase of items equal to the difference in charge between the higher and lower charged.  As you only have three pendants each, not much is typically made, but it is enough that you can get by as you go from place to place.  By the way, who are you?

Spoiler: Old top-of-post blurb (click to show/hide)

Just to make sure it is clear: this is set in an alternate timeline of the Yu-Gi-Oh universe, not our world.  Since it is going to be a decent chunk of this, say if you don't know how to play the card game.  I, and possibly your fellow players, will help you out in learning how to play.

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)

Current Duelists:

Spoiler: Meriel Taylor (Culise) (click to show/hide)

Waitlist

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 09:14:22 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh: Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 02:45:02 am »

Name: Ken Kinta (Nickname is KK)

Appearance: Ken is a fan of a light sleeveless leather jacket with the phrase "Rock Steady" across the shoulder blades, a black undershirt, and a pair of brown, loose fitting pants. The pants have many pockets, where he keeps various stones he's found of interest on his journey. He has black, spiky hair, though not as crazy as some people who could be mentioned. His eyes are a deep, ocean blue, and he tends to wear his Duel Disk on his left arm, and he's painted it to make it look more earthern.

Backstory: Ken has been a duelist for a long time. He started collecting cards when his father introduced him to the game, hoping his son would take up his mantle defending the town. Ken felt stifled by the responsibility and demands placed upon him by his father and the town, and chose to go the opposite route, choosing Earth over his father's Wind type. He left town when he was 15, and has been roaming since then, challenging bots from time to time, and finding new Earth cards to add to his deck.

Devices:
(Put a charge between 40-60 percent on each of these.  While not required, I would request that you keep them from all being the same and all being at max charge.)
1- 52% - An old MP3 player that doesn't make a sound. Holds a decent charge.
2- 67% - A watch that goes backwards. The more of a charge it has, the faster the hands go.
3- 63% - An orange gem on a bracelet worn on the right wrist.

Deck:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 04:47:48 pm by FelixSparks »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 02:55:39 am »

Name: Jason Thompson
Appearance: Jason has a muscular build and is about 6' tall. His brown hair is wavy, and his eyes are brown. His skin is tanned. He often wears a black duster coat over a dark blue undershirt and blue denim jeans. He wears his duel disk on his left arm.
Backstory: Jason has been learning to duel ever since he was young enough to hold the cards. He always admired his father, who was one of his town's duelists, and rumored to be the best in the town. With such high expectations of his father, he was shocked when his father lost his life after a fluke in a duel. One of the town's other duelists managed to recover the deck and duel disk and gave it to Jason, who set out on his own since he didn't have anything left to be attached to in the town.

Devices:
1- Pendant with a topaz, sapphire and ruby set inside. 60% charge
2-  Old pedometer with a cracked screen. 45% charge
3- Old lime green Game Boy. 50% charge

Deck:
Spoiler:  Dark Worlds Deck (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 09:05:57 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 05:14:00 pm »

You forgot the number of copies, Felix.  Get that done, and I'll check the rarities.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 05:15:51 pm »

Reserving a spot, I hope this goes through this time :).
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 05:32:45 pm »

How many cards are in a deck in this game? And can I have more than one copy of Valkyrion? I'll fix the numbers right after I get the answers, so thank you in advance!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 05:34:29 pm »

Reserving a spot, I hope this goes through this time :).

If yours and Beirus's reviews come through, and Felix gets the number of card copies, then we'll be set.

How many cards are in a deck in this game? And can I have more than one copy of Valkyrion? I'll fix the numbers right after I get the answers, so thank you in advance!

Standard.
Check if you can in TCG advanced.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 06:58:36 pm »

Edited my sheet in.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 08:20:32 pm »

Ok, that SHOULD do it. Please let me know if I need to change anything!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 09:33:27 pm »

Ok, that SHOULD do it. Please let me know if I need to change anything!

Let's get this review started...

Here's the max of each rarity again:
1 Approved Custom Card or a Secret, Ghost, or Ultimate rare, 5 Ultra or Super rares, and 10 Rares.  Short print and commons are unlimited.

And the ruling is TCG advanced.  Let's see how your deck matches up.

Deck:
Spoiler: Magnet Deck! (click to show/hide)

6 Secret/Ghost/Ultimate Rares
14 Super/Ultra Rares
11 Rares
3 TCG Advanced forbidden cards

There may be a few that are under Semi-Limited, Limited, or Forbidden that I missed, so you may want to check up on the lists (provided in links).

I'll review Beirus's in a bit, as it will be a pain to look up the cards individually.  Felix's was easy as it was based in the Magnet Warrior suggested deck.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:39:23 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 09:40:26 pm »

Oh my god how did I even..... I'll fix that. Sorry, I am not very good at navigating the wiki. TIME TO LEARN AND FIND SPELLS N JUNK. Also a few more Earth monsters...

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 10:09:49 pm »

I may have gone over the Ultra Rare limit. Not sure though.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 10:12:45 pm »

Dang, and I sold my mega pile of yugioh cards a few years back.
Well, I'll see if I can construct a deck.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 10:32:22 pm »

Ok, I updated my deck. It SHOULD be right this time... AND I put in a way to try to prevent myself from drawing myself to death.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 10:46:40 pm »

Reserved.  Not sure if I want to do the same deck as my last submission, since there isn't the same push for synchros this time around.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16