Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lazy Fat-ass hauler  (Read 1176 times)

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
Lazy Fat-ass hauler
« on: November 11, 2014, 01:28:58 pm »

Just a small question. I set a dwarf to a hauler, removing all her skills except hauling and cleaning (Of course). Then, i removed a stockpile of finished goods (The retarded craftsdorf wasn't using bins), made a dump and set ALL the finished goods to be dumped, (Freeing the stockpile room space). I want them to unforbid the dumped items, set up again the stockpile and hope that the craftsdorf use the freakin' bins. Seems simple enough, but there is one problem....the hauler isn't dumping ANYTHING. Actually, she isn't doing anything but drink, eat, sleep and poop. Seriously, the dumped items are ALL set to be dumped, the stockpile is removed....WHY ISN'T SHE DUMPING ANYTHING?!
 Kinda like two questions in one. I had this problem with the stockpiles in the past, as they would be filled and no bin would be used whatsoever. I didn't set any burrow to her, NOTHING.

BTW, i'm using the 40.13.

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Fat-ass hauler
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 01:37:53 pm »

Create a dump zone, mark it active then enable gathering outside refuse.

There are 4 things needed, items marked to be dumped, a place to dump them, a dwarf with the labor enabled and permission to gather refuse from the (o) menu refuse orders set dwarves to gather outside refuse. (This is fixed in 40.15, the command is currently reversed in 40.13, inside refuse gathering is disabled by default, and you have to turn on outside refuse gathering to get them to dump inside items.).

jpvlsmv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 01:40:28 pm »

In rev 13, there is a bug where the "Dwarves Ignore Outside Refuse" setting is actually telling them to ignore indoor refuse.

Change your setting via [ o ] standing orders, [ r ] refuse.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 12:16:55 pm »

I'd be most concerned about the fact that she's pooping. Dwarves are normally incapable of doing so.

Also, what jpvlsmv is correct.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.