Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help creating a necromancer/undead civ  (Read 2078 times)

Deathswarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help creating a necromancer/undead civ
« on: November 12, 2014, 04:04:03 am »

I want to create a civ that uses necromancers and undead only, it would be a hivemind system, they would'nt need to eat sleep drink and the necromacers would be able to lead giant undead blobs across the world. The zombies would be masters at unarmed fighting, they can't wear anything except the things their corpse had and are immortal, dying only in battle. The civ is hostile to everybody, trades with no one and their settlements are necromacer towers. Necromancers can summon demons and war pigs.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
Re: Help creating a necromancer/undead civ
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 05:11:04 am »

What do you need help with? Is the things the civ does during world-gen or fortress mode? You can create creatures that act like necromancers, but you cannot specifically create necromancers per se, since they are procedurally generated things. Also, I do not think necromancer towers are valid world-gen structures. And just to let you know, without DFHack, creature summoning can be rather convulated/complicated.

And this page has some really good tutorialish things on creating entities.
I do stuff, I guess

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 09:04:58 am »

Dont know if you could make them exactly like that.

I know you could create a creature similar to a human and add [opposed_to_life] and a bunch of the other undead tokens from the wiki. Then create a new entity file and add your new creature in it (basically you could start off with copying the human one there as well and do changes on that if you are unfamiliar) and then just make the ethics diffrent.

You could also copy the necromancer interactions and add a similar one in your creature. I know masterwork had one on its warlock creatures that allowed them to raise undeads.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 11:43:46 am »

Talk to Meph, he made one for Masterwork.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Deathswarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 12:18:37 pm »

The zombies will have claws for hands,fireimmune, poison immune, disease immune, natural skill in all melee skills, bone armor, a mount made of bone, a caste that is gigantic, one that spawns the other caste and another that spits acid. Does anybody have a suggestion for a mount, I would change the mount to be made of bone. I already have the raws for the civ.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 01:28:34 pm »

Use [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:] and create an undead creature variation.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Deathswarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 12:22:49 am »

Could someone give me a list of values and their definition for civ raws.

Deathswarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 02:50:39 pm »

Thanks

Deathswarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 11:35:51 pm »

How do i  make a civ hostile without baby snatcher, item theif or ambusher?

Deathswarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 11:52:34 pm »

Also, what would happen if I increase the size of ants?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2014, 01:11:52 pm »

The ants would be bigger, of course. Still be vermin, though, because of the vermin tokens.

You won't be able to make a civ hostile by default without those tags. Except ambusher; that makes their siege squads start out hidden in ambush mode, but doesn't make them immediately hostile.

If you really don't want them to come stealing babies or trinkets, you can try giving them ethics that clash with everybody. They will declare wars every once in a while, but wars won't be the default state necessarily, and wars do end. You could also make them [CRAZED] in which case they will immediately go about killing everything that isn't the same species. That will include pack animals, and if they aren't at war with you and won't send thieves or snatchers, then the only reason they will show up is to trade. They will have to use pack animals, and they will immediately kill their pack animals if crazed. As soon as any member of a trade caravan dies, including the pack animals, the caravan will turn around and go home. If they're crazed they will also attack their own war animals or zombies. So that's not really an option.

I would suggest making them baby snatchers or thieves. Let them sneak about, raising zombies as they go, and then haul children off to turn into zombie stock later. (No way to make them kill what they take, but if they have zombies around the zombie will probably kill the kid.)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2014, 01:21:03 pm »

The ants would be bigger, of course. Still be vermin, though, because of the vermin tokens.

You won't be able to make a civ hostile by default without those tags. Except ambusher; that makes their siege squads start out hidden in ambush mode, but doesn't make them immediately hostile.

If you really don't want them to come stealing babies or trinkets, you can try giving them ethics that clash with everybody. They will declare wars every once in a while, but wars won't be the default state necessarily, and wars do end. You could also make them [CRAZED] in which case they will immediately go about killing everything that isn't the same species. That will include pack animals, and if they aren't at war with you and won't send thieves or snatchers, then the only reason they will show up is to trade. They will have to use pack animals, and they will immediately kill their pack animals if crazed. As soon as any member of a trade caravan dies, including the pack animals, the caravan will turn around and go home. If they're crazed they will also attack their own war animals or zombies. So that's not really an option.

I would suggest making them baby snatchers or thieves. Let them sneak about, raising zombies as they go, and then haul children off to turn into zombie stock later. (No way to make them kill what they take, but if they have zombies around the zombie will probably kill the kid.)
Isn't there a tag like the one on Kobolds that makes them unable to understand anyone else?
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2014, 01:32:11 pm »

Yes. [UTTERANCES]

I know that makes them hostile to adventurers in adventure mode, but im not sure if that will make them automatically at war with everyone. You could try it, and find out.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 01:34:22 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 03:16:50 pm »

I've got a necromancer and an undead entity. Can you give me a little more on how you are planning it, about summoning and hive mind I've got no clue. I've got an interaction for reanimating, it worked in 40.10, haven't use it since, making an undead creature is rather easy all you need is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Interaction
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just to be an ass, I would HIGHLY dis-advised making them bloodless AND masters at combat, my first alpha undead were bloodless and could take out 20 candy armed/armored dwarves with an equal sword. Though if you want to make an all conquering entity then go ahead, additionally 10 survived 20 fully ammoed dwarves with a casualty of 2.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 03:21:59 pm by locustgate »
Pages: [1] 2