Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.16 Released  (Read 24357 times)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.16 Released
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 08:46:32 pm »

I was waiting for these fixes. Now I can start pulling all-nighters to play DF :D

Thanks Toady!

Acebulf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 08:50:46 pm »

Praise Toady!

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 08:57:09 pm »

I noticed a lot of changes in interface.txt when I ran WinMerge, what was improved there?

It would help if you posted the diff and verified that your previous interface.txt was a vanilla one.

I use vanilla, though I've installed Dwarf Therapist with earlier versions.

I just ran WinMerge against the my current .40.15 interface.txt and the file from .40.15 download.  It shows that the changes were made after my download.  The only change I made was adding spacebar as a binding for "Leave screen", using the in-game menu.  Sure enough, when I made this change in .40.16, interface.txt has many changes from the original .40.16 download (and looks the same as my old modified .40.15 file).

So, no changes by Toady in the download, but by the "Save and exit" function of the "Key bindings" menu.

Clownmite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 11:09:40 pm »

What happens if an adventurer follows an army in on an invasion now?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 11:14:01 pm »

That all still works the same way, if you are considering the locally loaded area.  They know how to do takeovers of takeoverable site, but they hold off on rampagey building destruction until you get out of view since they don't know how to break stuff.  The defense is only organized abstractly, but the defenders actually already had okay odds in local view.  Though the quirk of the system I mentioned in fotf (army pops not mattering) give defenders better odds in the abstract fights.  The army pops aren't killed, but they don't fight either, and if their commanders and other accompanying historical figures are killed they'll retreat back home.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2014, 10:00:00 am »

I noticed a lot of changes in interface.txt when I ran WinMerge, what was improved there?

It would help if you posted the diff and verified that your previous interface.txt was a vanilla one.
I think interface.txt might get reshuffled if you change keybindings in game. Meld, at least, only showed my own changes to interface.txt for this version.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2014, 02:02:01 pm »

Great job Today!

Now that Goblins won't inevitably take over the world within a few years, it'll be interesting to see what a long-term world looks like after a century or two.

Out of curiosity, how much the relative training, equipment, and numbers of opposing armies matter in post world-gen battles?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2014, 04:52:42 pm »

Are there any raw changes?
EDIT: Nope
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 10:43:26 pm by palu »
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 05:49:29 pm »

Thank you Toady! The 'attackers always win' was the last thing that felt really broken (as opposed to just not done yet) about the world continuing to develop after the end of world-gen.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2014, 09:27:42 pm »

Though I wonder how battles are determined who wins? is it a coin flip on if a goblin wins or loses or if a goblin brings a force of 400 men? or does it simulate the battle of screen? Wonder if Diplomancy is a factor for an invader win? A goblin leader of a war band settles into a dwarf hilltop signing an agreement to protect the place?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2014, 06:23:54 am »

Though I wonder how battles are determined who wins? is it a coin flip on if a goblin wins or loses or if a goblin brings a force of 400 men?
Read FotF thread (I think Toady answered that in last round of answers). It is not just coin flip.
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2014, 06:34:50 pm »

So, no raw file changes or auxillary file changes, right?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2014, 06:44:36 pm »

Not this time, not that I noted down or remember in any case.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2014, 06:49:05 pm »

Okay cool, just wanted to be sure that there aren't any changes needed to move the graphics stuff over to 40.16.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2014, 09:21:40 pm »

There aren't. And how come when I ask, nobody answers, but when smjjames asks, Toady himself answers?  :P
Are there any raw changes?
EDIT: Nope
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 09:23:33 pm by palu »
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3