Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [TSG] Gun Francisco: Wrath of the Animancer  (Read 3537 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
[TSG] Gun Francisco: Wrath of the Animancer
« on: November 12, 2014, 04:37:46 pm »

"If there is one thing worse than death, it's being turned into an animancer's slave." - a common southfolk saying

Death. In the new world, it's everywhere - the people, the weather, the beasts - everyone is a potential killer, even if you think they are your greatest and closest friend, they may turn on you any moment, shoot you in the head and steal all your belongings as your corpse rots away on the streets of a ruined city...
But sometimes, it doesn't just end here.

Around the northern part of the world lives a certain splinter faction of the magic-wielding Northmen called the animancers. Animancers claim to use the emerald-derivative, healing magic, but in reality they're using it to resurrect dead people or kill the alive ones, sucking out their souls for their own purposes (which range from extending their own lives to using them in certain malevolent magics) and keeping them walking via runes and regular doses of mana.

However, you were NOT an animancer. You are a dead man walking. An undead. A zombie. A slave. The green-colored pentagram on your forehead is your new heart, your new brain, the centre of your existence, and mana is your lifeblood. Your master, in order to ensure that you serve him for ages to come, was always giving you and the many other undead under his command a small amount of active mana that would be used to power your rune of life that lets you continue to work for him.

Eventually however, you had enough. You no longer felt thirst, hunger nor tiredness so you were given virtually no breaks, and you might very well be a soulless being not driven by any higher purposes, but that didn't stop you from escaping the frozen ruins of a city where the animancer resided, grabbing a bottle of mana on the way out.

Now you are a free undead, not under a control of anyone, but you are not like a regular human. You cannot be killed since you are not really alive, and the only true way to stop you in your tracks for good is for your head rune to be damaged, or when it stops from supporting you once it runs out of mana. Thankfully you took that one bottle of it, right? You better find more soon or else you'll once again be but a rotting corpse.

Contraty to the common belief, the northern hemisphere is not as desolate and empty as most southees would lead you to believe. In fact, you have a faint memory of three other nearby settlements where you could probably find someone willing to help a person like you who lives solely by the power of magic...

Where do you go?
West - Dragonrider Camp of Redshard - dragonriders are...interesting among the northmen. They are the only people that have successfully tamed the mighty dragons, uncommon but ferocious beasts that have appeared in the new world. Be it trade, combat or just general transport, you can expect to see at least a couple flying lizards with their riders there.

South - Gunmage Outpost "Kul'r" - some say that the northmen who use magic and southmen who use technology would never try to ally, but the Gunmages are the very proof that it is in fact possible for the two supposedly polar opposites to work together, and the gunmages skillfully combine their powerful magical spells with a bit of high-velocity bullet action.

East - The Philosophers' Skyscraper - if there is one northmen faction more fond of alchemy and potions, it's the Philosophers. They have mastered this unique art of magic and know how to use them in and out of combat to overcome nearly any situation.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 12:24:30 pm by DarkDXZ »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: [TSG] Gun Francisco: Wrath of the Animancer
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 05:09:30 pm »

South!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 05:35:56 pm »

West!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 05:37:40 pm »

South, we could probably get more mana from actual mages
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 06:10:42 pm »

South
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 07:26:10 pm »

South
+1

((Woot! A Gun Francisco forum game!))

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 08:28:48 pm »

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 12:14:29 pm »

West - 2
South - 5
East - 0 (:L)

By the way, this is you:

Driven by magical force, you follow the seemingly only relatively modern, asphalt road. It's in an almost completely devastated state, and sometimes you can barely see it under the thick coating of fresh snow, occasionally passing by an armored truck that seemingly ignores you, for one reason or another. As you slowly walk on this old roadside, you finally reach the point of your destination - gunmage outpost Kul'r (Cool-er). A small, walled-off settlement of plain concrete buildings, with a few oddball metal buildings. Given the current day and age, it's also surprisingly quiet, even if it's early morning by the time you arrived.

"Hej, you!" blasts from your right side. You turn around and see a person in a thick, black suit, wearing a hood covering most of his face. You can see that they he has really pale skin however, and is carrying a small bag.
He pulls out a pistol out of the bag and aims it in your direction, yelling "WHO ARE YA, FREAK?". They seem willing to shoot at you, unaware that you laugh in gunners' faces, as he is clearly not aiming at your head.

What do you do?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 03:07:58 pm »

Does mana come in non-bottled forms?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2014, 03:13:19 pm »

Does mana come in non-bottled forms?
Yes, but only in its inactive, "passive mana" state. In order to turn it into a usable magic reagent it needs to be "activated", which is a rather complicated process known only to a select group of mages that are not exactly willing to give away their secrets...
Read up my post on mana here.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2014, 03:35:58 pm »

((I meant in the standard "stored in your brain and absorbed from the environment" kind but the post cleared it up. Also we can still use magic if we get some mats even though we're a zomble right? Please pardon my lack of use of your language as i'm bad at that kind of thing. Also I propose we don't take a name.))
I propose we say: "Just a guy, lookin' for some mana for a project. What's it to ya?"

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2014, 03:36:53 pm »

Acquire firearm, request geographical information.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2014, 04:34:46 pm »

Daaawww~ We're adorable~

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2014, 04:38:17 pm »

I'm not sure what's happening right now. We're being threatened by gunmages?
Pages: [1] 2 3