Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Megabeast triggers  (Read 767 times)

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Megabeast triggers
« on: December 02, 2014, 01:19:31 pm »

Is it possible to make a specific megabeast attack with triggers other than wealth/trade/population? Also, is it possible to make a megabeast friendly to certain civs?

I'm specifically thinking of a sort of 'nature guardian'-type beast that would attack depending on trees cut or beasts slain; this would obviously be friendly to the elves. Another idea would be an evil beast that doesn't attack goblins.

I'm thinking the way to do this could possibly be a custom entity with a per-site population limit of 1, though I have a feeling they'd die out very quickly no matter how powerful they would be.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Megabeast triggers
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 02:09:12 pm »

I don't think it's possible to fiddle with the triggers themselves, but you could probably have a script that monitors the state of the embark site at intervals and spawns a certain creature when the conditions are right.  But that doesn't make them show up in worldgen or align with Elves or anything.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 02:38:55 pm »

Makes sense, thank you for the advice!

I might just make them population based - it's hard to imagine any sort of dwarfy fort activity that WOULDN'T infuriate a nature spirit.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 02:52:33 pm »

Makes sense, thank you for the advice!

I might just make them population based - it's hard to imagine any sort of dwarfy fort activity that WOULDN'T infuriate a nature spirit.
Good point.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map