Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What are YOU modding?  (Read 3774 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: What are YOU modding?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 12:43:01 pm »

I have a mod released that adds some interesting hazards to mining ("warpstone" but executed very differently).  This got me involved in the systems for creatures, syndromes, interactions, workshops, graphics, Stonesense sprites, and Lua scripts... and I am still applying tricks I've picked up in the forums to streamline the code to be a bit less embarrassing.

The next project is to dive into DFHack plugins, but issues with my PC are slowing that down to a crawl.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 12:46:02 pm »

I saw things like this for the other threads, and decided to start one here. Also, the DF community is a convoluted bunch that talk about slaughtering kittens and the best way to dimantle elves in VANILLA. Imagine what sorts of creepy creatures/everyotherdamnpossiblething people have created!
P.S. I've noticed a strange lack of people asking about plant modding.
What me done is: more minerals and trees from the real world. Split trees into lousy(fir,pine,birch), fine(good for tools and furniture), superfine(elm,oak,teak, best furniture and spikes)

More:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 01:39:32 pm »

I'm currently just working on a new tileset, which I should hopefully have a beta release of in a week or two.

GrimMoire

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2014, 01:35:30 pm »

Currently working on a custom race, though I have no idea what I'm doing. If anyone's interested, I'm putting the raws I have so far under spoilers. Most of the info for this race was copy+pasted from dorfs and humans, though the eye and scale colors are mix and match for the most part.

Honest Reaper's whiskey. It'll lay you out.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2014, 03:14:01 pm »

Me and a small team are working on a parasitic wasp race that only gains new citizens by capturing prey and and laying eggs in it. Most of the basic features are done, the only thing left at the moment is drawing sprites.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2014, 03:17:17 pm »

I've been working on my spellcrafts mod when I get the chance. Currently changing what forms the zombies from various secrets take, trying to make them all unique to their parent secret. Hit and miss in dorf mode, but improving. Also setting creature classes for all the included custom creatures; divine, demonic, fae, cursed, undead, undead w/soul, and generic supernatural which they all fit into. They're supposed to have material resistances/weaknesses depending on class, but in arena mode at least I can't seem to find any difference between wacking them with one material or another. I've just been operating under the assumption something is wrong with the mat force multiplier tags.

Also, mundane magic learning has been worked on some, so now learning should work in both adventure and fort mode. When I finally update :P

Me and a small team are working on a parasitic wasp race that only gains new citizens by capturing prey and and laying eggs in it. Most of the basic features are done, the only thing left at the moment is drawing sprites.

Had a go at this myself a while back. Looking forward to seeing how you've done it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2014, 06:25:41 pm »

I'm making various ways to get the upper hand in 'venture mode.
   (*) Stopped zombies from interrupting your sleep to ask if they can help you with something

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2014, 11:29:59 am »

I'm still hard at work coding Dungeon Fortress and working the bugs out of More of the Same, a new and unreleased mod. Prepare for variety, faithful Urists!
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Featheredragon

• Bay Watcher
  • If someone says they are sane, then they're crazy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 03:54:24 pm »

Pathfinder creatures, entity's and lore
Poisons for weapons, ammo and traps.
Cloth slings, pouches and throwing knife bandoliers
Sluices and gold panning
Explosive ammo
Firearms
Foods such as bread and candy
hordes of peasants wielding farm equipment
Glass, stone and ceramic weapons and ammo.
Creatures you can milk for poison
More realistic bow manufacturing.
Cloth, feather, paper, leather and leaf fletching for arrows.
Engraved metal runes with effects.
Misc. stuffs. Lots more misc. stuffs.

I may have bitten off more then I can chew.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2014, 04:30:00 pm »

Not exactly modding, but thinking at what would be the best way to implement the Heroes 3 mechanic of acquiring soldiers.
._.

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2014, 04:58:01 pm »

I'm adding the Legion, soon you will find out what's elfier than an elf!
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2014, 01:55:25 am »

Is it two elves? :P

I've been plugging away at my spellcrafts mod. Got nearly all the reanimation interactions sorted out, summoners are looking good, more methods for mundane learning are coming along mostly smoothly, and unnecessary bloat is being excised. Currently the biggest hurdles have been finding lab time to work on it, inventing sensible names and descriptions for things, and ironing out the odd bug. And of course running out of motivation and inspiration halfway through a task.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2014, 09:49:02 am »

Is it two elves? :P
It's more like elves squared!

« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 09:27:49 pm by King Kravoka »
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2014, 07:04:32 pm »

Historic weapons and armor mod, which is mostly working now, except the blunt weapons that wont behave properly.

Trying to get armor padding to work (a layer of cloth armor to be worn under metal armor), no luck so far. DFs mechanics are not made to play nice with multiple layers of armor.

Historic ferro-metallurgy mod, done but mostly untested.

Small projects are more realistic elf weapons. Replacing weird wooden swords with cudgels and quarterstaffs was easy enough but my plan on getting them to use flint and obsidian for sharp weapons proved harder than I though. I was originally going to cheat by making a wood called 'flint' and removing the WEAPON tag from wood and adding a dummy ranged weapon tag on the weapons that need to stay wooden. But worldgen kinda ignores that for wood. So yeah thats on hold until I can be bothered.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2014, 07:09:54 pm »

Playable humans, yesterday's testing session ended due to a drowning spiral when trying to dig a 20x20 quarry through a 3-z aquifer, it was going fine until I goofed and dug some ramps near the entry (where flowing water heading to the drain could push my humans into the channel)

I just need to do some more testing, then it's on the the next thing (probably playing kerbal space program :p )
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 [2] 3