Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What are YOU modding?  (Read 3788 times)

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are YOU modding?
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 09:25:13 pm »

I'm making a mod that makes use of all those useless animal men, splitting them up into around a dozen or so primitive civs split up according to biome. They're more or less the same as the cavern beastfolk, but have some positions and should be able to send caravans/sieges, depending on their standing with your civ. It'd also have the effect of making traditional races quite a bit more sparse. Currently all varieties of animal man are included, apart from ocean ones; I'm looking into how exactly aquatic civs function, if at all.

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2014, 05:01:54 am »

I'm working on an interaction inspired by the undead curse from Dark Souls.
The curse is meant to infect a person and gradually turn them into a crazed zombie over the course of 1 or more years. Before that, however, the infected gains boosted attributes and other standard undead bonuses. The idea is that you would want to separate the cursed guys from the normal population and use them as a special military group, eventually killing them or locking them away as the transformation draws nearer.
I'm considering making it contagious to some degree, to make isolating them more important and potentially allow you to spread it deliberately.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2014, 05:22:20 am »

I'm working on a general hard food industry mod as part of a larger mod. Harder seasonal farming is a feature, but I want to make sure that meat, fish, even plant gathering are harder too. Meat and fish should be cured to make it last more than a month, and this requires salt - which is quite hard to get, you have to import it most of the time. Fruits also need to be ripe, before they can be used for wine-making and in most cases eating.  Brewing anything other than wine requires nearby water (this is done though a DFHack script). Biomes are more restrictive - wetlands and deserts are restricted to a few plants, and moisture requirements are taken into account (can't grow rice in a dry savanna for example)

My main concern here is making the script, that forces food to rot inside stockpiles, to work properly, because for some reason it doesn't. It's really the point, of what I'm doing. Would also like a way to make the brewing itself take months at a time, but haven't been successful at that.
Pages: 1 2 [3]