Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Cause trouble"  (Read 1422 times)

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Cause trouble"
« on: November 13, 2014, 02:06:05 am »

So, no longer immediately relevant as one of the gobbos that was trying to steal my elf kills got a lucky hit on my brain, but, what exactly are you supposed to do as a hearth person when your lord tells you to "cause trouble"? I tried killing elves from stealth, and I tried killing them right in front of their friends, I tried making them yield or give up equipment. None of it seemed to work. How do I complete this quest type?
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
Re: "Cause trouble"
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 09:44:13 am »

I believe he's telling you to harass a nearby hamlet that he's in a disagreement with. I don't know what that entails, maybe kill some livestock or something? Did he give you a specific location to "cause trouble" in?
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 12:51:09 pm »

Yeah he gave me an elf town. Killing animals might work, I didn't try that.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 02:29:50 pm »

I wonder if the "cause trouble" is about you trying to start an insurection in the target town.
I tried but every single time i was tasked to "cause trouble" in an elven retreat but no elf ever wanted to join an insurection, so i can't confirm is the quest is really linked to that or if it's something else (certainly not about killing as even killed half the elven population do nothing, and neither killing all their queen, druids and princesses does nothing to the quest status).

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 04:19:05 pm »

I tried to do a takeover, but that only resulted in the quest disappearing from the questlog and me no longer being a fortress guard. Attempted to give my position to the captian of the guard and that only resulted in that persons loss of position.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 05:06:26 pm »

"Good sir, would you like to have my new position?"
"OH GOD I'M A TRAITOR NOW"

Seems legit.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 08:18:37 am »

I think you're supposed to beat up a bunch of people without killing them.  Keep your weapon sheathed and get into a bunch of fistfights, they won't use weapons on you if you don't on them.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 08:25:22 am »

I think you're supposed to beat up a bunch of people without killing them.  Keep your weapon sheathed and get into a bunch of fistfights, they won't use weapons on you if you don't on them.
And if They try run away, allow them. They will spread info about your acts. Spread rumors about your conflicts to your quest giver, but not about slewing anybody.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.