Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dan's Tileset [16x16] [v0.40.16]  (Read 3485 times)

Danjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dan's Tileset [16x16] [v0.40.16]
« on: November 14, 2014, 03:07:42 pm »

I created this tileset to be faithful to the original graphics, while still providing that ASCII feeling for purists.
Every tile has been redone with a consistent placement and weight for letters, while unique characters were altered slightly to give them more flavor.

Spoiler: "Screenshots" (click to show/hide)
Screenshots of the tileset in action. In particular, I would like to draw attention to the floors, walls, and trees.
Sand and liquids have a slightly tinted background to help differentiate them from regular ground tiles.

Spoiler: "Colors" (click to show/hide)
I used my own color palette for this tileset as well.
These are the original colors with a small amount of grey mixed in to give it subdued tones.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 03:11:27 pm by Danjen »
Quote from: mrbobbyg
Hey, I'm cool with you tying a dog up and shooting it with a ballista if you're short on elves, but there's not need to lie about it to us.

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
Re: Dan's Tileset [16x16] [v0.40.16]
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 04:12:41 pm »

I really like the restraint! the ladle (Though not commonly seen) looks really cool here too. I like the darker ramps as well. I am glad to see the interlocking roots/foliage. It is a nice touch when "tiles" are not distinct tiles but flow into each other. The new "Stepladder" tile seems to be missing, and I would recommend you add it. Other than that I hope you keep up with this. You may not get a lot of feedback, but it looks like you have a good unique style.

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.