Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: [Succession 40.13]Glovedloved: Low-Cost Dwarfing Available Now![Discussion]  (Read 13581 times)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession 40.13]Glovedloved - MoK Under New Management [Discussion]
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2014, 05:51:50 pm »

Kinda sad to see Omega go down in that charge, though.
him and the other civs were on alert burrowed in the buildings, but anyone that caught sight of the titan seemed to decide it was a way better idea to charge in and fist fight it  :-\
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession 40.13]Glovedloved - MoK Under New Management [Discussion]
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2014, 06:33:40 pm »

Kinda sad to see Omega go down in that charge, though.
him and the other civs were on alert burrowed in the buildings, but anyone that caught sight of the titan seemed to decide it was a way better idea to charge in and fist fight it  :-\

Yeah, civilian's aggression was borked.  If they even got within eyesight of anything that somebody else was attacking, they would go nuts on it.  Had 30 civilians starve themselves to death beating on an unconscious cave crocodile because of that.  Even drafting them all into a squad and ordering them to move wouldn't dissuade them.

Think Toady just fixed that in 40.17/8.

We'll probably update GlovedLoved to 40.18 after your turn (pending a therapist update) unless there are any huge bugs that shake out.  40.18 is looking pretty good so far, but I've only been messing with it for about 20 minutes.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile

playing 40.18 right now.. nothing seems that different so far
meanwhile, does anyone mind if I channel off the entire eastern edge of the map (and maybe make nice bridges at the ends of the river) so that enemies have to go through the prospects before they can reach the mountain? unless of course they decide to climb but in my experience most enemies only decide to climb after they've been sitting around for a while with no path into the fort.
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

playing 40.18 right now.. nothing seems that different so far
meanwhile, does anyone mind if I channel off the entire eastern edge of the map (and maybe make nice bridges at the ends of the river) so that enemies have to go through the prospects before they can reach the mountain? unless of course they decide to climb but in my experience most enemies only decide to climb after they've been sitting around for a while with no path into the fort.

You're the overseer ;D.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile

Requesting a new dwarf under the name of "Maskwolf" with the profession title "Priest Initiate".

I'm going to make a journal post shortly.

Edit: Also, with my most recent entry, I'm finally establishing the "Priests of Armok" faction.  I'll do a write-up in a bit.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:09:30 pm by 4maskwolf »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Priests of Armok: Members of the largest dwarven religion, the priests of Armok worship the high dwarven god of blood.  They serve as the spiritual leaders for warriors and civilians alike, blessing the living and the dead.  The group in Glovedloved was founded by the masked priest shortly before his death at the hands of a water titan, currently consisting of four dwarves who accepted the offer to enter the priesthood.  Their presence is acknowledged, though mostly ignored, by the mountain dwarves, and they lead prayer sessions among the peasants.  They have neutral to friendly relations with the followers of the path, in part due to the work of the masked priest in reconciling the two religions.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Priests of Armok: Members of the largest dwarven religion, the priests of Armok worship the high dwarven god of blood.  They serve as the spiritual leaders for warriors and civilians alike, blessing the living and the dead.  The group in Glovedloved was founded by the masked priest shortly before his death at the hands of a water titan, currently consisting of four dwarves who accepted the offer to enter the priesthood.  Their presence is acknowledged, though mostly ignored, by the mountain dwarves, and they lead prayer sessions among the peasants.  They have neutral to friendly relations with the followers of the path, in part due to the work of the masked priest in reconciling the two religions.

Got you set up.  We'll have to wait for Neblime to actually assign your new dwarf, so I put you in holding for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a cool color.  I like it.  It's also nicer on my darkling-tinted eyes than pure blue.

Also, you might want to change the number of primary factions to "six" instead of "five" :P

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a cool color.  I like it.  It's also nicer on my darkling-tinted eyes than pure blue.

Also, you might want to change the number of primary factions to "six" instead of "five" :P

Yeah, the blue was really hard to read so I added a gray glow to it so that it would pop out a little more.

Also updated the number of factions.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile

I will probably hold off updating for a day or two, feel free to make whatever journal entry you want and I'll try to make it make sense in game  :D

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If suffering is the way to enlightenment as Ordin Tredlek teaches, well, we're all enlightened right now.  It feels somehow less glorious than I anticipated.
*dies laughing*

Um... :-\ So I guess Chimerat can't be listed as a follower of Armok and supporter of that Priesthood with the fact that the faction only includes Priests, then, huh... :(

Reading and will do Chimerat's Fifteenth Entry shortly. (EDIT: Nothing to reply to since my last entry. :-[)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 07:42:24 am by Chimerat »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If suffering is the way to enlightenment as Ordin Tredlek teaches, well, we're all enlightened right now.  It feels somehow less glorious than I anticipated.
*dies laughing*

Um... :-\ So I guess Chimerat can't be listed as a follower of Armok and supporter of that Priesthood with the fact that the faction only includes Priests, then, huh... :(

Reading and will do Chimerat's Fifteenth Entry shortly. (EDIT: Nothing to reply to since my last entry. :-[)
No, I can easily modify the description, feel free to change you allegiance.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The bigger issue is that you're still part of the Mountain, so your knowledge and interractions with the priests would be limited to second-hand stuff through the agents residing in the neutral zone and any clandestine meetings you set up in RP.  I'm going to say that you don't (yet) qualify for membership in the Priests faction because of these restrictions.  You might be a member of the religion as it exists on a global level, but you have not yet established ties to this specific faction within Glovedloved beyond approving of their presence.

If you want to RP some secret meetings with the priests, then you'll be good to go.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 01:53:54 pm by Tacomagic »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile

ok I just realised I maybe have accidentally pulled a planepacked here.. that mooded potter I mentioned has been gathering stuff all this time and I only just realised maybe it's  because he's burrowed only in slums/neutral zone.
unburrowing him now.. lets see if he can finish
edit - ok i got him to start... oh god what have I done
edit 2 - ok the artifact wasnt so bad, but many more deaths occured, update tomorrow (on the plus side no named dwarves died this time)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 08:01:18 am by neblime »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile

seriously need some more named dwarves here, especially one to be foreman and one to be captain of the guard
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10