Yes (10 at 55 points)
- 2 (13.3%)
Yes (11 at 66 points)
- 0 (0%)
Yes (12 at 78 points)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to Level up: The Race to level 100! Turn 8: Top level 40, Total deaths 13  (Read 9952 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

"Crikey mates, leave off with the lichifying - I have herodom to attain."

Langley Green adds 3XP to Magic and then Wins the Amateur Arena Tournament.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

GM:  Can we do either a 1.5 XP split or an alternating 2/1 split?

Nav:  Assuming the above answer is no, I must insist it goes 2-1 in my favor.  Otherwise, I'd just invest the time in my farm and be on my merry way.  Plus, I can then further market things for you!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Nav:  Assuming the above answer is no, I must insist it goes 2-1 in my favor.  Otherwise, I'd just invest the time in my farm and be on my merry way.  Plus, I can then further market things for you!
Agree.

+2 weapon crafting
+2 scissor style

Forge a masterwork axe.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Agree.

+2 weapon crafting
+2 scissor style

Forge a masterwork axe.

The above, then.

+3 Business Investment because hell yes.

Invest in more business by marketing the Beethrower.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

5 points into fetch quests.
Look for fetch quests to do, and do them.
Put tha flower in the Kings soup and spit in it for good measure.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 12:19:51 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Huh. It looks like I wrote a set of quests and enemies, but accidentally pasted the closing character summary over them. I'll make sure not to do that again next turn. Also, I'm ruling no 1.5 or alternating EXP because I don't want to keep track of it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2 points into Rock Jitsu, 1 point into puzzles.

Throw books at Steve the Badger, when he is looking away in disgust, leap onto him and wrestle Rock Jitsu style!
For the record, that leaves you with one unspent point still.
For some reason I was looking at werty's character. Disregard, derp.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

PUNCH CORK INTO SACRED SHRINE. INVEST ALL POINTS INTO ROCK JITSU.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 4

Who will live? Who will die? How long will it be before Sensei fucks up somebody's character sheet? Turn in to find out! Also, I'm going to leave the current poll up a little longer, and see if I can get any more votes. Presently though, it looks likely MANLY MC MANN has something Interesting™ in store for him.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Blazing Glory
Starn Gundar
Level 7

You set out to exact revenge on Steve the Badger, the rancorous mustelid's time has come! You use your books to attempt a distraction. [6] You sneak up on the badger camp. Steve is showing his axe to some other badgers, one has a stick and a few more are banging rocks together trying to recreate the blade. You hurl your books into the small crowd, and most of the badgers are stuck with a look of confusion and disgust, granting you a +1 surprise bonus! You then assault Steve with your rock jitsu technique. [5]+3+1=9 VS [1]+3+2=6! Finally, luck favors you! You beat the badger to death, and his army scatters. You gain 4 EXP. Triumphant, you reclaim your axe and loot 100 gold in stolen goods from the camp. Finally, you get 1 EXP for not dying this turn. You gained 5 EXP and are level 12, and in the lead!

Lawastooshort
Langely Green
Level 10

You sign up for the Amateur Arena Tournament. Despite the whole arena being knee deep in water, the fights must go on! The Arena Master gives you a condescending look. "You look a little scrawny for this, mate. You sure fighting is for you?" You brush him aside and step through the gate. Your first opponent is an amateur Rock Jitsu fighter, he gives you one look and confidently charges you. [6]+3 VS [3]+1! You shoot him with an icicle before he even gets close. There's is a chorus of boo's through the audience -people are distrustful of magic- and your competitor is carried off to have his wounds stitched. You gain 1 EXP. Next up is a Paper-Fu apprentice. [5]+3 VS [3]+1! This time when your enemy gets close, you shoot a gout of flame at him. He loses his eyebrows, and decides it's better to concede the match. You gain another 1 EXP. Finally you face off against a Scissor Style fighter, armed with a long thin saber. [6]+3 VS [1]+1! Actually, you don't. Before coming to blows, you show off by lifting a huge boulder and throwing it to the ground. He changes his mind about fighting you. You gain 3 EXP for winning the tournament, and 1 EXP for not dying. You're also awarded the Amateur Arena Medal and 100 gold. You gained 6 EXP this turn, and are now level 16, and in the lead!

NAV
Crab Nelson Jeff
Level 7

You spend a decent part of the day paddling through the village to conduct the business of establish a bee thrower factory with Ed. You decide for somewhere that's on a hill. Then you return to your workshop and setting about creating the best axe you can muster. [1]+2=3. Turns out that is just an ordinary axe. You gain 1 EXP for your efforts, and you can sell the axe for 50 gold if you want. You gain another 1 EXP for not dying this turn. Your portfolio earns 1 EXP. You've gained 3 EXP and are level 10.

Toaster
Ed from Accounting
Level 9

You ply your business skills, trying to find as big a market for the newly invented bee thrower as possible. [4]+3=7. The market for bee throwers is mostly saturated to earn your present 3 EXP of profit, but you manage earn a contract with the king's guards for bee thrower production, which nets a one-time 700 gold earnings- again, you'll have to agree how to share that with Crab Nelson Jeff. You gain 3 EXP for your pushy marketing and another 1 EXP for not dying, and your portfolio earns you 3 more EXP. You've gained 7 EXP and are level 16, tied for the lead!

SaberToothTiger
Thomas von Vsevolodovich
Level 7

Never having much liked the king anyway, you decide that taking the mysterious, hooded figure in a back alley up on their task to put the Black Lotus flower in the king's soup would make a good career choice, and hey, this kind of thing can even get you kudos with the First Boss. [3]+3=6 Taking advantage of the flood, you swim over where the moat was and clamber right through the second story window. [4] There's a guard inside, his back is turned. He has some kind of mechanical backpack with a tube attached, making a low buzz. Sneaking past him, you find yourself in a hallway that's been turned into a temporary kitchen, [6] It's busy with cooks and servants, most of whom are sopping wet like you. Nobody pays you any mind. [6]+3 Pushing your luck, you talk to a fat man shouting orders who appears to be the chef in charge. He says, "New guy, take this soup upstairs to the kind quick, before it gets cold!" and thrusts the soup you've been searching for into your hands, along with an apron- putting it on, you fit in with the servants. [5] Nobody sees you slip the flower into the soup as you walk through the hall and up the stairs. You enter the king's chambers, trying not to be nervous under the hard gaze of his royal guards. [6] None of them suspect a thing. You give the king his soup, and see that he takes a sip before you leave. You gain 6 EXP plus 1 EXP for not dying, and earn 500 gold. You have gained 7 EXP and are now level 14.

werty892
MANLY MC MANN
Level 8

You follow the water upstream, and enter the water shrine at the top of a mountain overlooking the village. When you step in the dark hallway, [1] you step on a floor tile that sinks into the ground a little, and suddenly, the ceiling ahead opens up and a huge flow of water forces you down, out the passage. You are swept off a steep cliff and smashed against sharp rocks below. You are resurrected in the Adventurer's guild. You see someone posting the quest to put a cork in the water shrine back up on the quest board.

Today's Enemies:
-A giant snail
-Shark
-Mediocre Dragon
-Bee Thrower Factory Worker
Today's Quests:
-Put a cork in the Sacred Water Shrine
-Win the Apprentice Arena Tournament
-Establish a bank to be the new Royal Bank
-Make an order of 3 Axes

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

((All of those 5s and 6s man, I love it.))
4 to fetch quests and 1+2 towards Paper Fu.
I am going to put da cork in the Water Shrine.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I propose that I get 300 gold and Crab gets 400, since I got more of the XP.

+3 to Running Away, +4 to Business Investment

Establish a bank to be the new Royal Bank, because that's clearly Business Investment.  Invest my share of the gold as well as backing money.

blazing glory

5 points into weapon crafting!

Upgrade my axe to one of legendary proportions!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bump for NAV, Werty and Lawas!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

+3 wepun kraffting.

Sell the axe.
Make 3 new axes.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

VICTORY AT THE ARENA!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8