Yes (10 at 55 points)
- 2 (13.3%)
Yes (11 at 66 points)
- 0 (0%)
Yes (12 at 78 points)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to Level up: The Race to level 100! Turn 8: Top level 40, Total deaths 13  (Read 9953 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Back off, Ed!!

+6 to Magic!

Also win the Arena! If two can't, then beat the shark.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Turn 5

[3] "Hear ye! Hear ye! The king lies dead in his bed this morning, poisoned! There is a reward of one thousand gold pieces for the capture and execution of traitor responsible! Remember to cast your ballots for the Crown Regent, until a new king is crowned." [1] The Royal Crier then loses his footing in his canoe, and falls into the water that fills the streets. Hopefully this flood thing gets sorted out soon...

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

SaberToothTiger
Thomas von Vsevolodovich
Level 14

Having done something which was debatedly good for the kingdom, depending on your political justifications, you decide to do something that will definitely be good for the kingdom. Like Manly Mc Mann before you, you climb the mountain and enter a dark passage, hewn in stone. [3] You also trigger the water trap, but manage to grab on to a crack in the wall, so you aren't swept off of a cliff. You gain 1 EXP. The passage leads to a door with some strange symbols on it. [3]-1=2 It's a difficult puzzle, so much so that you can't seem to figure it out this turn. You gain another EXP for not dying, totaling 2 EXP. You are now level 16.

Toaster
Ed from Accounting
Level 16

You found your bank, "The Bank of Ed", in a bid to gain the royal banking contract- you certainly hope you do, because wealthy folk usually only do business with the Royal Bank. In fact, it's a bit backwards that the Kingdom of Adventure hasn't had one until now- probably to do with tendency adventurers have to attempt daring bank heists. You invest your 300 gold and some proceeds from your other businesses [2]+4=6 You manage to put together a nice building with a vault, and hire some tellers and a guard, with a decent amount of collateral in the bank. You gain 1 EXP for the task. With your venue completed, you paddle through town to meet the Royal Accountant. [1] He tells you that, while your bank is very pleasant, the crown is more likely to go with your competitor, Von Straufmann Banking. They have a larger vault and a couple more guards- it looks more secure, he says. However, he's willing to give a little time if you want to improve your bank. If you're going to win this contract, you better do something about Von Straufmann quick. In the meantime, you earn 3 EXP from your portfolio and 1 EXP for not dying, for a total of 5 EXP this turn. You're now level 21, and in the lead!

Blazing Glory
Starn Gundar
Level 12

You take your old, chipped axe, and set about restoring the blade with your newfound crafting skills. [5]+2=7! Your weapon work is excellent [6] and, before it became old and chipped, it was actually a very fine axe- grinding away the rust and grime reveals a blue rippling pattern in the steel. You have successfully restored your axe to its original, masterwork +2 glory. You gain 3 EXP for the effort, and the axe will grant you a +2 bonus on non-magic fighting checks. You gain another 1 EXP for not dying, for a total of 4 EXP and you are now level 16.

NAV
Crab Nelson Jeff
Level 10

You start hammering out axes to fill the weapons order. Making three weapons in one turn imposes a -2 penalty, but you're a good enough smith to keep your quality up. [3]+3-2=4. You put together three nice, shiny axes right on schedule. You gain 3 EXP for the task. After admiring your handiwork, you meet with the client. He(?) is a tall, skinny figure in a dark cloak who meets you at a cabin near the edge of the woods. There's something extremely off with his(?) stumbling walk, but you can't quite place it. "Yes... the axes. Here... hnngh! Your money." He speaks in a high, squeaky voice and also falls over trying to hand you the coin purse from his pocket. It contains 200 gold. When you hand him the axes, "he" finally stumbles over, revealing himself to be three badgers standing on eachother's shoulders. They each grab an axe and disappear into the woods. [3]-1=2 You try to see where they go, but the small creatures disappear into the bushes. Erstwhile, your share in the bee thrower manufacturing operation earns you 1 EXP, and you earn another 1 EXP for not dying. You've gained 5 EXP this turn and are now level 15.

werty892
MANLY MC MANN
Level 8

VICTORY AT THE ARENA. This thought fills your mind, singularly. Nothing will stand in your way. [3]+3 VS [2]+3 Not even the Arena Master, whose protests of "You're really supposed to place in the amateur tournament first" and "Would you at least sign up on the sheet and file this waiver?" are met only with a sharp headbutt (+2 EXP). Your first opponent is another Rock Jitsu fighter. Weaker than you. [6]+3 VS [1]+2 He knows this. He bows out. (+1 EXP) The Paper-fu fighter might be a challenge. [5]+3=8 VS [3]+2+2=7! He deftly brushes aside your first few blows, but when he leaves himself open, you crumple him with a single punch to the gut. (+1 EXP) The Scissor Style fighter [5]+3+2=10 VS [2]+2=4 doesn't stand a chance. When he gets close, you grab him and throw him into the crowd like a sack of potatoes (+1 EXP). So far, you've earned 5 EXP- but the fight isn't over yet. See Duel.

Lawastooshort
Langely Green
Level 16

You use your experience to train your magical ability even further. Now your strength rivals that of Merlon himself- even without kicking him in the back of the head. Therefore, the Apprentice arena battle should be a cinch for you, right? Heck the last one was. You wade into the arena, it looks like somebody already beat up the arena master- he's floating unconscious in a barrel. He had it coming anyway. You keep on wading, right into the fights. Without delay, a brave (or foolish) Rock Jitsu fighter challenges you. [1]+5=6 VS [1]+2=3! He charges at you, and stumbles over in the water, splashing face first. You attempt to shoot a fireball, and completely fizzle the spell. By the time he's off of his knees though, you fire another time, and burn him badly. (+1 EXP). [4]+5=9 VS [2]+2=4! When you face the Paper-fu apprentice, you decide it's time to just show off. You use magical force to throw him into the air, and send him back into the arena floor with a huge splash of water. The crowd goes wild, they're growing fond of your theatrics. (+1 EXP). Finally you face off against a Scissor Style apprentice. [3]+5 VS [1]+2 He's taking too long to wade through the knee-deep water towards you, and you grow impatient. You freeze the water he's standing in and leave him to contemplate his inferiority until it thaws out (+1 EXP). After the steam and smoke clears, it's down to one other fighter in the arena- MANLY MC MANN, an infamously tenacious Rock Jitsu fighter. He'll fall like the rest- probably. So far you've gained 3 EXP. See Duel.

Duel!
The amateur arena tournament is down to Langely Green and MANLY MC MANN. So far, Langely has bested every fighter with his sheer magical power, and MMM has tenaciously overpowered all of his opponents. On the line is a 6 EXP, 200 Gold prize. The crowd is hushed. The ripples in the arena water settle. [1]+5=6 VS [2]+3=5! Manly Mc Mann struggles to force himself through the water, while Langely tries to get his wet Wizard Staff to cast. Langely finally shakes it until a small fireball shoots out, striking MMM straight in the chest. It doesn't stop him. He closes in and grabs Langely around the throat! Gasping for air, Langely forces a last broad gust of flame from his staff! The arena fills with steam and the two struggling figures disappear into shadow. When it clears, Langely is gasping for air, his hands on his knees. Manly Mc Mann is floating in the water, charred black. Langely is granted the Apprentice Arena Award, 200 gold, and 6 EXP, and 1 EXP for not dying, for a total 10 EXP! He is now level 26, and in the lead! MANLY MC MANN earns 1 EXP for effort, totaling 6 EXP. He is now level 14. He also acquires DISFIGURING BURNS, a permanent mark across his chest and face.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Today's Enemies:
-Beholder Beast
-Thief
-Huge snapping turtle
-Rogue golem
Today's Quests:
-Deal with that water shrine thing
-Make an order of 4 swords
-Find the king's murderer
-Steal from the Bank of Ed's vault

Well, that got pretty close! I'm not gonna lie, I was rooting for Manly Mc Mann -the underdog, you know- and I was a little excited when Langely's 1 came up. But, the dice fall the way the dice fall! Oh yeah, and remember to vote for the Crown Regent, everybody- who knows what it might affect... Oh yeah, and I guess I forgot to have Werty get visited by a genie and magically changed around or some crap. Oh well, maybe it will just pop up when you least expect it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

+1 to puzzles and +1 to traps.
Solve the cork and the shrine thing, now!
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

blazing glory

1 point into weapon crafting, 3 into trap finding.

Cork the watershrine first!

Actually, no.

4 points into rock jitsu.

Lead a expedition into a dungeon for loot and XP, kill the expedition members once I'm out of the dungeon.

Also yell "Vote Baron Snidely Whiplash!" on the way.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 06:54:19 am by blazing glory »

blazing glory

((In my opinion this is the best RtD going around at the moment.))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

PTW

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

"A bigger vault?  More guards?  This cannot be."

+5 Business Investment

Offer the profit from the Bee Factory this turn (2 XP) to whoever trashes Von Straufmann Banking.

Also Business Invest my bank bigger.  Get more guards AND put a fountain in the lobby.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

taat

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't notify people when putting them in the sig
    • View Profile

It's the bay12 forums! there is zero chance that anyone not named "snidely whiplash" will win the elections!
Hypothesis: I will kill all dwarves in a horrible fashion

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bump, still waiting for half of you guys.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

+3 weapon crafting, +1 business investment, +1 running away.

Try to craft a self-replicating weapon.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

THAT FOOL! I WILL DEFEAT HIM AND HIS WEAK MAGIC! RARGH! ALL MY POINTS INTO ROCK JITSU, AND SEEK OUT THIS PETTY MAGE TO MURDERIZE!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Judging from Lawas' account, he hasn't been able to get to his computer for a couple days. I'll update tomorrow and have him just mill about (aside from getting attacked by werty) if he doesn't post. Alternatively, maybe I'll wait until he gets back, if I'm feeling merciful lazy.

Also, it looks like Queen Bee has taken a clear lead in the elections? What does this mean for the kingdom? Will its citizens ever be able to spread honey on their toast again?

blazing glory

Also, it looks like Queen Bee has taken a clear lead in the elections? What does this mean for the kingdom? Will its citizens ever be able to spread honey on their toast again?

Secretly lean towards GM.

Don't worry, I have a plan.

Wink.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Ptw

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Many apologies.

Put all 10 points into magic and them go to spend all my money on, preferably, a magic enhancing staff.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8