Yes (10 at 55 points)
- 2 (13.3%)
Yes (11 at 66 points)
- 0 (0%)
Yes (12 at 78 points)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Roll to Level up: The Race to level 100! Turn 8: Top level 40, Total deaths 13  (Read 10070 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Oh! Hm. I guess I should update this. Stay tuned, I'll try to do one tomorrow!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 6: It's Still Happening

Vote for the new Crown Regent!

Count Alucard, who is Most Definitely Not a Vampire - 5 (25%)
King Candy, from the impoverished and sugar free kingdom of Candyland - 0 (0%)
Baron Snidely Whiplash - 4 (20%)
Prince Handsome - 1 (5%)
RICK ROCK, ACTION GOVERNOR - 3 (15%)
Buzz-buzz buzz buzz-buzz-buzz, Queen Bee - 7 (35%)

Floating in a barrel in the flooded street, the town crier rings his bells to make an announcement. "Voting for the Crown Regent closed last night. In a critical failure of our democratic system, only a mere 20 citizens have voted! Therefore, our new crown regent is a bee or something. We can only hope that a new king takes the throne and returns the authority of monarchy to you stupid, dirty peasants." He looks about the roofs of his village mournfully (that's all you can see anyway.) "Oh yeah, I'm also required to say: Buzz Buzz-buzz-buzz buzzy buzz."

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

SaberToothTiger
Thomas von Vsevolodovich
Level 16

You attempt again to open the door that previously stymied your efforts. Stymied, you think- that's a funny sounding word. [4]+1=5 While still thinking about the word 'stymied' you lean on a loose stone that opens door (1 EXP). You're in a large chamber, with a pool in the middle. On the far end of the pool, water gushes from a hole. It is surrounded by carvings of the creatures of the sea- fish, whales, giant squid, mermaids, and stranger things. You make your way around the chamber- just before you arrive at the hole, you are confronted by a raging Water Elemental. [6]+3=9 VS [2]+3+2=7 The Water Elemental's fighting style grants it an advantage, but after dodging a few mighty blows you plug up the source of the water and watch the elemental be flushed down the drain in the pool (3 EXP). You return, triumphant, to the village. Everything is covered in mud, but at least you can walk about instead of paddle. Also, the guards are wearing yellow-and-black uniforms, bursting into houses, and returning to the castle with containers of honey and mead. It appears things got a little topsy turvy while you were away. You return to the adventurer's guild, where the grateful guild leader rewards you with 7 EXP. You gain another EXP for not dying, totaling 12 EXP. You are now level 28, and in the lead!

Blazing Glory
Starn Gundar
Level 12

You hatch a scheme to get a bunch of novice adventurers together, raid a dungeon, and then take all the loot for yourself. The flood water has just subsided in town, and you find three novice adventurers who agree to join you, since all of the quests in town right now involve scraping mud out of people's houses. [1] Actually, it looks like the other three adventurers were planning on stealing your priceless axe- and they make their move as soon as you're into the woods. [3] Fortunately, you catch the rogue trying to steal your axe, and he doesn't get it off of your before they all attack. [1]+5 VS [1]+4 After slapping the rogue away, you draw your axe, charge them, and fall flat on your face. You think you're done for, but all three of them fall flat on their faces subsequently. You stand up first, do your thing with the axe, and come away with 4 EXP, 200 gold, and a clean conscience. You get another EXP for surviving the turn, for a total of 5 EXP, and are now level 17.

Toaster
Ed from Accounting
Level 21

You pull out all the stops to make your bank stand out. You haven't got any capital, [3]+5-2=6 but you use some of your investing wizardry to convince some construction workers to rush-install a fountain and stand around in guard uniforms, for the promise that they'll be paid extra once the bank earns the Royal Seal (3 EXP). Later, you receive a letter with the royal stamp, which is now a bee: "To Sir Ed of Accounting: We must inform that, by Royal decree, all operations pertaining to your "bee throwers" are to cease at once. No further inhumane treatment of bees will be tolerated while I, Buzz-buzz Buzz Buzz-buzz-buzz (heretofore BbBBbb) am Crown Regent. [5] However, I would like to inform you that your bank has been chosen to represent the crown. Von Straufmann was caught serving illegal HONEY on their toast in the lobby." Citizens throughout the village, rich and poor, entrust the bank with your money- it will begin earning 4 EXP each turn. While all profits from the bee thrower factory have ceased [5] your farm wasn't gathering any "illegal honey", so you still gain 1 EXP from that. You gain another 1 EXP this turn for not dying, totaling to 5 EXP. You are now level 26.

NAV
Crab Nelson Jeff
Level 15

You decide that you're ready to attempt to ultimate weapon-crafter achievement: The self replicating weapon. Weaponception. The Swordularity. The Final Weapon Event. The legendary dwarven smith Lorik Awemedinade was said to have driven himself mad, locked in his hidden mountain sanctuary, trying to design a sword that shoots out other swords. The gnome engineer Garl Glittersteel was killed in an accident while trying to perfect his self-replicating axe. Now, you dare to try where they failed? [5]+3-6=2 You fail, in a word. You make a sword that shoots its blade, a sword with an axe on the other end that comes off, a sword with a slightly smaller sword that fits inside, but the end result is you sitting in your shed surrounded by piles of scrap metal and sub-par weapons. To make your day worse, you receive a letter with the royal seal, which is now a bee. "To Sir Ed of Accounting: We must inform that, by Royal decree, all operations pertaining to your "bee throwers" are to cease at once. No further inhumane treatment of bees will be tolerated while I, Buzz-buzz Buzz Buzz-buzz-buzz (heretofore BbBBbb) am Crown Regent." Not only did they shut down your bee thrower factory, they got your name wrong! At least you have your 1 EXP for not dying. You are now level 16.

werty892
MANLY MC MANN
Level 14

You have a bone to pick with a certain wizard. In exchange for helping someone pull their canoe out of the street (you just picked it up and threw it) you're told that Langely Greene was last seen heading to the wizard's guild- with all his money him, no less. See DUEL.

Lawastooshort
Langely Green
Level 26

You decide that things are going well for you, and you're going to head down to the wizard's guild to buy a new magic staff with your tournament winnings. You enter the wizard's guild, stepping up the grand entry stairs and climbing to the high tower where valuable magic items are kept. You take a moment to catch your breath from climbing and look out over the kingdom- you can see the high mountain where the water shrine was from here, and all the tiny buildings the peasants live in. Your moment of peace is interrupted when MANLY MC MANN charges up the stairs after you! It's been coming. It's time for a DUEL.

DUEL Green VS MANN Rematch!
MANN charges up the stairs, and attempts to throw Langely from the balcony with a barbarian scream! [4]+6 VS [6]+4! Mann grabs Langely and throws him straight off the tower, but Langely flies back up and counters with a fireball! [3]+6=9 VS [6]+4=10! Langely hovers by the edge of the tower, and fires a concentrated arc of lightning into Manly Mc Mann! However, lightning isn't enough to stop him- while still being electrocuted, he takes a few forceful steps forward, and finally, grabs the staff and rips it out of Langely's hands! Without the focus of his magic power, he stops hovering and drops like a rock (or perhaps a ripe tomato) off the edge of the tower. MANLY MC MANN gains 6 EXP and WIZARD STAFF! He also gains another 1 EXP for surviving, for a total of 7 EXP! He is now level 21. Langely Green gets no EXP for his failed shopping trip. He finds himself resurrected in the Evil Wizard's Guild, with his coinpurse still on hand but not his staff! This means war.

Today's Enemies:
-A Tree Stump
-Town guards, stealing your honey!
-Swarms of bees
-A Troll
Today's Quests:
-Gather up ILLEGAL HONEY
-Seek the Glorified Grail
-Write the Royal Newspaper's first article (Choose a subject)
-Kill the Goblin King

Sorry for the big delay guys! If I don't stay in the groove of regular updates, I'm prone to just getting distracted. I guess that works out well for lawas though (although it's kind of a moot point). So, remember to get your actions in! I'll probably PM people if they don't reply within 24 hours or so, so they know the thread's back.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

blazing glory

(Never going to catch up at this rate)

4 points into rock jitsu, 1 point into weapon crafting.

Assassinate The Bee and put up Snidley Whiplash in her place.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Never going to catch up at this rate)
Nonsense, you're only 11 levels behind the leader. All that takes is a stroke of luck, as I think we've seen.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Do WAR at Manly McMannn! REMATCH! Get a staff from the nearby wizards on the way though.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Ed from Accounting

+3 Puzzles
+2 Running Away

Convince the Royal Accountant that since Von Straufmann is a horrible traitor and all-around jerk, and since I am a totally cool person who has seen the glory of the bee, I should be given his old bank.  And probably his house too.  I could use that to expand the Royal Banking operations, see.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

Do WAR at Manly McMannn! REMATCH! Get a staff from the nearby wizards on the way though.
PSH, I SHALL STOMP THIS FOOL. AND CRUSH HIS HEAD BETWEEN MY PECKS. ALL POINTS INTO ROCK JITSU.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

+1 business investment.
Modify the bee thrower into a hornet thrower to bypass the new laws.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, way to steal my RTD's name. :P

Then again, there was something called "Roll to Level" before mine, so I suppose I kind of stole a name, too.

Now I want to revive mine so that there are two games named "Roll to Level Up" on the forum. It might confuse people, and that would be funny.

Posting to watch.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

2;3;4 to paper fu, and 3 to puzzles.
Go and beat the bee out of any usurpers to our beloved Baron.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

If comet wins, shouting "The Economy Fools!" is the only course of action

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 7

Tonight is...

A Bad Moon- 3 (30%)
A Good Moon- 1 (10%)
A Comet- 3 (30%)
A Meteor- 3 (30%)

Since that's a 3-way tie, I'll just have to roll it myself! [2] A Bad Moon! Everybody gets a -1 penalty to their rolls.

Blazing Glory
Starn Gundar
Level 17

They're coming for your honey? That just won't stand! You decide you'll go straight into the throne room and displace the new crown regent. [5]-1 You find the castle gates open- there are scores of workers coming in and out to repair the flood damage, as well as armed knights- apparently some of them are trying on new "Bee Guard" uniforms in fine yellow and black silk. Whoever's selling those uniforms is probably getting rich- they're in for another windfall, with any luck. You walk upstairs, and see that the way to the third floor and crown chamber is guarded. [3]+1-1 VS [5]-1 You tell the guard that you're a knight and the Queen Bee has summoned you for an audience, but he doesn't believe you- you decide to try the axe instead. [3]+5-1 VS [1]+4-1 You dash the guard across the ground (+3 EXP) and run into the crown chamber, where two knights stand. [5]+5=10 VS [4]+3+2=9 The first knight knight fights skillfully in Paper-fu, and beats you back towards the stairs, but eventually you catch him with a glancing blow, and your incredibly sharp axe bites into his armor and knocks him down (+2 EXP). The second knight draws a rapier and fights in Scissor Style, [6]+5+2-1=10 VS [5]+3-1=7 and it's pretty much inevitable that you beat him (+2 EXP). You charge back towards the crown regent, there's now a commotion in the rest of the castle, and an alarm is ringing. Before you get to the door, the Queen, a giant bee the size of a man, charges out at you herself with her enormous poison stinger! [2]+5+2-1=8 VS [6]+7-1=12! Caught off guard, you leave yourself open and get a stinger right in the chest! Everything fades to black... when you wake up, you are locked in the dank castle dungeon, which is still ankle deep in water. You gained 7 EXP this turn, and are now level 24.

Lawastooshort
Langely Green
Level 26

Indignified and without a staff, you shove the guy with the big hook and canoptic jars out of your way, and march out of the Evil Wizards' Guild. [4]-1 Wizard Staffs aren't cheap, but you manage to talk an old druid at the market into selling you a bent one for 450 gold (+1 EXP). It has a -1 penalty to magic attacks. You then make your way to the town square, and and begin shouting to everyone there that you want a rematch against MANLY MC MANN, right here, right now. A crowd forms. He's bound to show up now. See DUEL.

Toaster
Ed from Accounting
Level 26

You meet with the royal accountant. He accepts you into his office without looking up; he's furiously signing a series of invoices for renovations to the castle. You start to make your case to him: You were informed that the Von Straufmann bank was closed, and since you're the head of the royal bank, it would only make sense that you be granted the use of that branch. [1]+2-1=2 He informs you that the properties seized from Von Straufmann are being auctioned off to help balance the Queen's exorbitant new expenditures, which include three thousand gallons of yellow and black paint, each. He sends you out, not bothering to look up as an alarm sounds throughout the castle. In the meanwhile, you still gain your 5 EXP from your previous investments, and 1 EXP for not dying. You have gained 6 EXP and are now level 32, and in the lead!

werty892
MANLY MC MANN
Level 21

Langely Greene is calling you out in front of everybody in the town square. That's fine- you've been working out. You'll show this pretender who's boss! You force your way through the crowd and shout "I WILL STOMP YOU, FOOL! AND CRUSH YOUR HEAD BETWEEN MY PECS!"

DUEL
[3]-1 Langely can't think of a good one liner, so he says nothing. Green and Mc Mann are in a clearing in a large crowd in the town square, circling eachother, waiting for a moment to strike. [6]+6-1=11 VS [6]+6-1-1=10! Both fighters are at the top of their game, and decide to strike at the same time! Langely shoots a blast of force at Mc Mann, but narrowly misses because of his bent staff! Undefended, Manly Mc Mann is able to stomp him, as promised. However, he finds crushing him between his pecs to be an implausible feat. Nonetheless, Mc Mann gains 6 EXP, plus 1 for not dying and is now level 28! Green wakes up in the guild of evil wizards, missing a few teeth, with only his 1 EXP for the turn. He is now level 27.

NAV
Crab Nelson Jeff
Level 16

You revise your bee thrower design to be a wasp thrower, and thus skirt around the new bee-humane laws. [3]+3-1=5 The new design goes off without a hitch! You can begin selling your new Bee Wasp Throwers, and you'll see the profits next turn. You also gain 3 EXP for your engineering. That's a total of 4 EXP (you didn't die), and you are now level 20.

SaberToothTiger
Thomas von Vsevolodovich
Level 28

Having assassinated the previous ruler and installed this one, you now realize you've made the wrong decision- it's time to assassinate the new ruler you've installed and try for a better one. [2]+4-1=5 Honestly, sneaking into the castle is easy as pie once you've done it before. When you arrive, there's alarms going off and a big commotion. With everybody running around, you steal a bee guard uniform (they're just lying around!) and put it on (+3 EXP). You then run up stairs, with a bunch of other guards, only to find the Queen Bee hovering, stinger covered in blood, over another would-bee (heh) assassin. [6]+2-1=7 You astutely surmise that the Queen Bee has a +7 to Scissor Style fighting, and your weaker Paper-Fu wouldn't stand a chance (+1 EXP). You decide instead to duck into a closet while the rest of guards leave, and think up a better plan. Since you didn't die, you've gained a total of 5 EXP, and are now level 33 and in the lead.

Enemies:
-Bee Guard
-Troglodyte
-Ent
-Wasp King
Quests:
-Improve Castle Security
-Travel to the Sun Shrine and cleanse it of evil
-Break a prisoner out of the Royal Dungeon
-Rob the Fortune Teller's house and retrieve a Crystal Ball

blazing glory

7 Points into Rock-Jitsu.

Since the bee's foolishly didn't take away my axe, break open the door and make my way to the queen for another match.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Ditch this stupid staff, put my whole 1XP into magic, and go cleanse the sun shrine.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ditch this stupid staff, put my whole 1XP into magic, and go cleanse the sun shrine.
Remember, you need the staff to do magic...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8