Yes (10 at 55 points)
- 2 (13.3%)
Yes (11 at 66 points)
- 0 (0%)
Yes (12 at 78 points)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Roll to Level up: The Race to level 100! Turn 8: Top level 40, Total deaths 13  (Read 10090 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile

JOHN, the WANDERER, goes to SLAY THE EVIL SQUIRREL.

Backstory, GENERIC WANDERER, all you need to ADVENTURE.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Oh. Right. Then use magic to turn my staff good, and THEN do quest. Defeat my staff!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

5 to Paper Fu!
Poison the Big Cheese's Bee's honey and present it to her! Make sure she eats some!
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Ed from Accounting

+3 Business Investment
+1 Running Away
+2 Puzzles

Let's do some Business Investment to generate cash.  Preferably a yellow and black paint factory.

Agree to deal below.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:34:04 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Toaster, I need 2 shares of the factory's exp, otherwise I'm keeping the patent and opening a new wasp thrower factory.

+1 business investment.
+1 weapon crafting
+2 running away

If Ed from Accounting agrees to the deal, then rake in the EXP and begin a new project. Begin developing the bass cannon.
If Ed doesn't agree, then open a new factory to sell wasp throwers.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Toaster, I need 2 shares of the factory's exp, otherwise I'm keeping the patent and opening a new wasp thrower factory.

+1 business investment.
+1 weapon crafting
+2 running away

If Ed from Accounting agrees to the deal, then rake in the EXP and begin a new project. Begin developing the bass cannon.
If Ed doesn't agree, then open a new factory to sell wasp throwers.

Fair enough, since you did do the re-work.  Agreement edited into turn.

I can help with your bass cannon factory as well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Begin developing the bass cannon.
Does this shoot fish? Or sound waves?

We don't have any open spots, currently.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Begin developing the bass cannon.
Does this shoot fish? Or sound waves?
Yes.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile

We don't have any open spots, currently.
[/quote]

Kk, could you tell me when a slot opens? is there a sort of waitlist?
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As I said in the OP, I don't really plan on having anybody join mid-game. Maybe I'll run another one of these later, it depends how I feel about it after.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile

kk. I am now a sad panda :(
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, maybe you can convince Elephant Parade to run his Roll to Level Up so you can be in it and everybody scrolling through looking for one game or the other can be confused.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

"HAH! THAT WILL SHOW THAT PANSY SPELLTHROWER WHO IS THE RIGHTFUL CHAMPION OF THE REALM! NOW I SHALL TEACH OTHERS HOW TO FOLLOW IN MY FOOTSTEPS!" Go improve palace security by teaching all the guards the one true fighting style, MUSTACHE WRESTLING/ROCK JITSU! Also all points into rock jitsu, as always.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:24:19 pm by werty892 »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 8: Yes, I Remembered to Update This!

Well then, let's get down to business! Votes are in, and a 6-3 majority suggests that the town people will NOT rebel if Snidely Whiplash comes to power.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Blazing Glory
Starn Gundar
Level 24

[5] Within a couple minutes, you hack through the steel bars. An ordinary axe would have become chipped and dull, but yours is as sharp as the day it was forged- in fact, it makes you wonder what it must have been through to get chipped and dull the way you got it. You gain 3 EXP. [6]+6 VS [3]+3 You beat the crap out of the jail guard- he didn't even stand a chance. (+1 EXP). You know what, half the castle guard is dead, dying, or tending to their wounded thanks to you assholes, so you can just walk up the stairs and fight the queen. You hack down the door to the throne room, axe in hand, and challenge the queen to a fight to the death. You've gained skill, and your Rock Jitsu has an advantage over the Queen's Scissor Style, but will it be enough? [3]+6+2=11 VS [3]+7=10! The clash is epic to behold! Axe blocks stinger, stinger parries axe, the Queen flies overhead making swift and relentless stabs! Eventually, your axe finds a wing, clips it, and sends the queen flittering to the ground! It takes several more blows before she stops moving. You gain 6 EXP. A figure wearing a dark robe and many pieces of jewelry steps out of a corner- he's been here the whole time. "Hello. My name is Snidely Whiplash, the Queen's... adviser. I see you took issue with the policies of our previous crown regent. In such a tragic situation..." He nudges the Queen with his foot, to make sure she's dead. "The position of Crown Regent falls to me. I trust you won't take issues with my rule? Of course, I have you to thank, in a way, and am prepared to offer generous compensation to you." Several guards pour into the room- he waves them to stop. "Your compliance would be appreciated. But it's your choice." You've gained a total of 11 EXP this turn, and are now level 35, and in the lead.

Lawastooshort
Langely Green
Level 27

You attempt to fix your magical staff. [2]-1=1! It turns out, working with magical weapons is hard. Not only that, you don't have any weapon crafting skill. You try to bend the staff the opposite way so it'll be straight, but you just break it. [5] You manage to duct tape it back together, but now it has a -2 penalty to attacks. Bent, broken, taped Wizard Staff in hand, you seek out the Sun Shrine! [2]-1=1! You cross the mountains and enter a vast dry desert, where the Sun Shrine is said to be hidden. You get lost and die of thirst. The Evil Wizards guild resurrects you, but they're getting so tired of doing it that they didn't even get out the hooded robes and candles. The Grand Lich is in his teddy bear pajamas.

SaberToothTiger
Thomas von Vsevolodovich
Level 33

You search out some poison to kill the queen. [5]+4=9! In a janitor's closet, you find a whole bottle of Extra Heavy Duty Bee Poison! Even a little splash of this will kill even a man-sized queen bee. You gain 2 EXP. Next you get some honey from the kitchen, poison it, and walk out to the throne room- only to find the queen dead on the floor, and Starn Gundar standing with his bloody axe. Several other guards run in to the room as well, but Snidely Whiplash, who apparently installed himself as a royal adviser, waves you all to stop. He's still speaking to Starn: "Your compliance would be appreciated. But it's your choice." You gain 3 EXP this turn, and are now level 36, and in the lead. You could do something else next turn, or stick around and see how this situation turns out.

Toaster
Ed from Accounting
Level 32

You attempt to expand your business, and look for a new way to make some profit. [5]+2=7! You realize that with the consistent political upheaval, a tailor would be very profitable (+1 EXP). [2]+6-2=6 You buy one out using the ongoing profits from your other businesses. It will earn 1 EXP each turn, but 3 EXP after changes in leadership- such as next turn. You also meet with Crab Nelson Jeff and hammer out a new business deal regarding the Bee Wasp Throwers. Your portfolio earns you 6 EXP this turn, for a total of 8 EXP. You are now level 40, and in the lead!

NAV
Crab Nelson Jeff
Level 20

You set about designing a Bass Cannon, whatever that is. [2]+4=6! You finalize your new weapon! Your roll is only good enough to shoot one thing, which is [Tails] fish! It uses extremely alluring fishbait to accelerate a three foot long, 20-pound bass to velocities of up to 36 feet per second! It provides a +1 bonus to attacks, and gets enough range that you might get a free shot off at someone in an open field. You gain 3 EXP for the feat. You also gain 2 EXP from your portfolio and 1 EXP from not dying, for a total of 6 EXP. You are now level 26.

werty892
MANLY MC MANN
Level 28

Having earned fame for your fighting skills, and being the best known Rock Jitsu fighter in the kingdom, you decide it's time to take up the castle defense contract by training the guards as your apprentices. [4]+7=11! You train several of the best guards up to a +5 bonus in Rock Jitsu, and most of them up to +3. [3] Despite you best attempts, however, the term "Mustache Wrestling" doesn't catch on. The guards also have their deadly Wasp Throwers now. Anyone trying to storm into the castle by force should get their ass kicked. Unfortunately, while you have most of the guards away for training, somebody storms the castle by force and assassinates the Queen. You receive a letter from the Royal Adviser: "While it is regrettable and tragic that the Queen was killed during your training of the guards, I will ultimately have to live with the blame for suggesting that you take the guards to the out-of-town training grounds. Your training is commendable nonetheless, and you will be reward Five Experience Points and Five Hundred Gold Coins." You gain a total of 6 EXP this turn, and are now level 34.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Today's Enemies:
-Regular Sized Giant
-Sand Scorpion
-Falling Anvil
-Evil Wizard Bank Robber
Today's Quests:
-Improve Castle Security
-Cleanse the Sun Shrine
-Design Wasp-Proof Armor
-Steal Palantir from Evil Wizard's Guild

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Acquire a new staff - using any means necessary.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8