Yes (10 at 55 points)
- 2 (13.3%)
Yes (11 at 66 points)
- 0 (0%)
Yes (12 at 78 points)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to Level up: The Race to level 100! Turn 8: Top level 40, Total deaths 13  (Read 10081 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

We just need Toaster's action, and I'll have an update tonight. I've just got to think of a suitable random misfortune- it seems like you guys really don't like lawas. :p
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

You're just too speedy for me.

+2 Business Investment!

Go invest in some business!  I have 50 GP to get started!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn the Second

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Lawastooshort
Langely Green
Level 1

(Note that you can perform only one action in a turn.) Having perhaps more ambition than mastery, you decide to challenge Merlon, greatest wizard of all time, to a duel. [6]+1=7 VS [1]+5=6! By "challenge to a duel" you mean "flying scissor kick to the head while he's giving a lecture at the Magic University." Your spectacular move catches him off guard and he crumples to the floor! You gain 5 EXP for beating Merlon, and 1 EXP for your stylish moves. As soon you stand up from picking up Merlon's WIZARD STAFF, you see his thirty angry students staring you down. Confident in your fighting skills, you rush forward to take them on! [3]+1=4 VS [4]+30=34! Do not fight thirty students, you think to yourself, as you are on the floor being kicked to death. You are resurrected at the Guild of Evil Wizards, who are impressed with your suicidal feat. You get no bonus EXP, but you still have the WIZARD STAFF and 6 EXP. You are now level 7, and in the lead! You may put skill points into the MAGIC skill now!

Blazing Glory
Starn Gundar
Level 1

You will face Steve the Axe Wielding Badger later, but for now, you must train- and what better way to train your fighting skills than by balancing ledgers? You show up at the Office of Death and start balancing the Ledger of Doom. [6]-1=5 (difficulty) It's your job to account for dead people and make sure they end up at the appropriate afterlife or resurrection. You work so fast, Langely Green gets resurrected next turn! A dark, faceless figure in a shadowy robe hands you 50 gold and a note saying your work is "Satisfactory, for a mortal." You gain 2 EXP, plus 1 EXP for surviving your turn to a total of 3 EXP. You are now level 4.

NAV
Crab Nelson Jeff
Level 3

You resolve that even though Starn is your opponent, nobody deserves to be indignified by a badger. You set out to find the badger- it now wields an axe and has improved its paper-fu, and is in the woods organizing a small army of lesser badgers. [2]+1+2=5 VS [4]+2=6! While your paper-fu gives you an advantage, the badger has become more skilled and luck favors it this day. You are slain by the axe-wielding badger, to a chorus of badger applause. You are resurrected at the adventurer's guild, ready to fight another day, but Steve the Badger has only become stronger. You gain no EXP this turn.

werty892
MANLY MC MANN
Level 4

Now more skilled in Rock Jitsu, you seek out and fight a bear. [6]+2=8 VS [2]+2=4! You come across a bear fishing a rocky river in the woods. While it claws at jumping trout, you march straight up and punch it in the jaw. It roars and turns to face you, only to receive another punch straight in the snout. [5] You tear off your shirt and let out a bellowing roar, sending the bear slinking off with its tail between its legs. Then you decide to punch it to death anyway. You sell the pelt for 50 gold pieces, and get 2 EXP, plus 1 bonus EXP for not dying, for a total of 3 EXP. You are level 7 and tied for the lead!

SaberToothTiger
Thomas von Vsevolodovich
Level 1

You resolve to seek the black lotus flower in the Dark Woods, as suggested on the village quest board. [3]-1=2 Lacking skill in fetch quests, seeking anything in the dark woods is difficult task. You get lost among the old, shadowy trees. Finally you see the black lotus flower, growing in front of a weathered gravestone, its name and date forgotten. As you approach, an old, angry spectre rises from the grave to face you. Do you, fight, run, or try something else? You gain 1 EXP this turn, and are now level 2.

Toaster
Ed from Accounting
Level 3

You decide it's time to take your small nest egg and go into business for yourself. [4]+2=6. With careful searching and smooth talking, you purchase a small parcel of fertile fields for only 45 gold, and pay a few farmhands to work it for the next turn with your last 5 gold. If nothing goes wrong, the field will earn you 1 EXP every turn. It has been added to your PORTFOLIO. You get 2 EXP for your smooth takeover and 1 EXP for not being murdered in the process of buying a farm. You have gained 3 EXP, and you are now level 6.

Today's Enemies:
-A town guard
-A cowardly gnome
-A snapping turtle
-A relatively small Giant
Today's Quests:
-Fetch the Black Lotus flower
-Explore the Haunted Cavern
-Open the dwarven puzzle box
-Forge a masterwork axe

I'd also like to emphasize that you can make up actions, if they seem logical to you, or even try to fight eachother. I'm also introducing a new action: Go Shopping. If you have gold, you can roll to spend it on something useful that grants a skill bonus or helps in a quest. Failure means you can't help but purchase massive collection of bobbleheads or something.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 02:06:04 am by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

blazing glory

You are slain by the axe-wielding badger, to a chorus of badger applause.

((This is hilarious.))

Go shopping.

3 points into not dying.
((also known as dodging but whatever.))
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:53:28 am by blazing glory »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Oh god yes – Put 6 points in Magic!

And then go and slay the relatively small giant with Magic.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Invent bee-thrower. Like flamethrower, but shoots bees.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

+3 Business Investment

Invest in more business!

Invent bee-thrower. Like flamethrower, but shoots bees.

Like this one.  Clearly he needs business support.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

Kick it in the groin and run for the flower. Rip out said flower and proceed with operation GTFO.

+1 to fetch quests
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

PUNCH SHOP WITH MONEY UNTIL IT DISPENSES USEFUL GOODS, LIKE BRASS KNUCKLES OR STEROIDS, OR TIGHT TUXEDOS. YOU KNOW, MANLY THINGS.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

PUNCH SHOP WITH MONEY UNTIL IT DISPENSES USEFUL GOODS, LIKE BRASS KNUCKLES OR STEROIDS, OR TIGHT TUXEDOS. YOU KNOW, MANLY THINGS.

I like the cut of your gib.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 3

Today's polls are in: Here's the RTD forum's favorite disasters.
Fire- 3
Flood- 8
Tornado- 2
Earthquake- 0
Volcano- 2
Market Crash- 1
Whether you're playing or not, feel free to suggest new ways I can screw with our competitors.

Blazing Glory
Starn Gundar
Level 4

You don't  know if you'll be able to find much for 50 gold, but you head out to the village market to see what you can get. [1] You don't find any good weapons, armor or equipment in your price range, so you decide to blow your money on a couple books.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You're on your way home to read your new novels when a huge wave crashes down into the valley! [5]+2=7 Using your newfound skills at running away, you clamber onto a rooftop and hop over the flooded streets without so much as wetting your shoes. You gain 2 EXP, plus 1 EXP for not dying this turn, for a total of 3 EXP. You are now level 7!

Lawastooshort
Langely Green
Level 7

Armed with your newfound magic badassery, you decide it's time to take on a (relatively small) giant! You find the giant in a field, ripping apple trees out of the ground and shaking them to pick the apples. [4]+3=7 VS [3]+3=6! The giant is skilled in Rock Jitsu, but you block his regular punches with a magic shield and retort with your own fire punches. You gain 3 EXP for defeating the giant, and take his wallet, which contains 150 gold. No sooner than you're done counting the fruits of your victory (the gold, but the apples are nice too) a wall of water crashes through the fields, pulling down trees and the filling the valleys! [1] You are caught where you stand with pockets full of gold coins, and promptly drown. You wake up in the Guild of Evil Wizards again, where a few of them are trying to turn you into a lich but you tell them to stop. You gain 3 EXP this turn- you are now level 10, and in the lead!

NAV
Crab Nelson Jeff
Level 3

You resolve to design a deadly bee weapon. This will be a rather difficult task. [6]+1-2=5! I'm not really sure if I wanted you to roll a 6, but sure enough, you manage to create a system which projects a thick stream of angry bees at the target. You gain 3 EXP for your unusual feat of ill-advised engineering. The bee thrower provides a +1 bonus to fighting checks, but does not stack with your sword. [3] A flood happens to surround your house, but you're too busy working to notice or care. Since you didn't die, you gain another 1 EXP this turn for a total of 4, and you're level 7.

Toaster
Ed from Accounting
Level 6

You decide you're interested in expanding your portfolio, and resolve to scrounge up all the capital you can from your farm. [4]+3-2=6 You have the idea that if you sell all of your cheese as "Organic Natural Artisan Cheese", you can reduce the package size and double the price. You think that you can start manufacturing and selling Crab Nelson Jeff's Bee Throwers, at a profit of 3 EXP per turn- but you have to agree with him how to split the profit. Alternatively, you can begin gaining 2 EXP per turn from your farm instead of 1. Oh yeah, and the flood thing happens. [6] Your farm isn't in the way of the flood, luckily, and [3] neither are you. For now, you gain 1 EXP for your marketing ideas, 1 EXP from your portfolio, and 1 EXP for not dying. You have gained 3 EXP this turn and are level 9.

SaberToothTiger
Thomas von Vsevolodovich
Level 2

You elect to give the ghost a quick distracting blow and then run away- that will make the fight easier, you hope. [5]+1+1=7 VS [6]+1! You run up and kick the ghostly spectre, only to have most of your blow absorbed by its ghostly codpiece. It grabs you in its icy grip, and you try to wrestle it off! [2]+1 VS [4]+1! Its vengeful dead hands tighten around your throat, and your vision blackens. You have one thing left to do... [3]+1 As a skilled fetcher, you make a point of snatching the black lotus flower up as you fall to the ground. You die, but are resurrected in the village church with the flower in your hand. The local priest is just finishing up his exorcism on you. [4] Luckily, the church isn't flooded. You're able to get the flower in to the village apothecary, and you gain 5 EXP for your harrowing two turn task. However, you still gain no bonus EXP this turn. You are now level 7.

werty892
MANLY MC MANN
Level 7

You walk up to the first merchant you see, and force your wallet full of 100 gold pieces down his throat with your bare hands. [3] Gasping, he throws a COMPASS at you in the hopes that you'll go away. You gain 1 EXP for your successful "purchase". It provides a +1 bonus to fetching. [1] While you're trying the figure out how the compass works, the market floods in a great crash of water. You realize that your previous ideas about swimming being an unmanly skill and unworthy of your time were perhaps not as wise as they seemed earlier. You are resurrected in the village church. There's priests running everywhere and screams coming from the exorcism ward. You have gained 1 EXP total this turn and are now level 8.

Today's Enemies:
-Spectre
-Snapping Turtle
-Shark
-Jellyfish
Today's Quests:
-Put a cork in the Sacred Water Shrine
-Put the Black Lotus Flower in the King's soup
-Trick the royal tax collector into not collecting taxes
-Win the Amateur Arena Tournament

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 05:28:43 pm by Sensei »

Scintillant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW, can't wait to see how this shapes up.
I have no idea.

blazing glory

2 points into Rock Jitsu, 1 point into puzzles.

Throw books at Steve the Badger, when he is looking away in disgust, leap onto him and wrestle Rock Jitsu style!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Throw books at Steve the Badger, when he is looking away in disgust, leap onto him and wrestle Rock Jitsu style!
For the record, that leaves you with one unspent point still.

blazing glory

For the record, that leaves you with one unspent point still.

Not quite seeing it, 3 points, 2 into Rock, 1 into puzzles.

Of course I could be missing something painfully obvious.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8