Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Roll to Rap: Save the Hip-Hop Industry  (Read 18315 times)

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
Roll to Rap: Save the Hip-Hop Industry
« on: November 15, 2014, 01:58:10 pm »

"The year is 2015 AD. The hip hop industry is in shambles. All anyone raps about anymore is cars and money. It's time for a new hip hop group to dominate the charts and redefine hip hop as an artform. It's time for a revolution to create a new era in the hip-hop community. It is time to scrape the barnacles off the rap game and wipe out the other fake rappers. Through rap skill, shady dealings, and possibly murder, your rap group is tasked with saving the rap game from succumbing to the evils of no-swag-havin' mofos. From mixtapes to albums to collabs, it is up to you to bring forth a new era in hip hop. You have all come to the California Bay Area in order to make a name for yourselves. What will you do with the rap game? It is time to ROLL TO RAP!"

The D6 will decide your fate.

Player Cap: None, the rap game is always hungry.

Rapping: It is not required, but greatly encouraged and appreciated for you to write lyrics when you RAP. Be sure to put them in "Quotes" so as to distinguish what you are rapping from any actions you may be taking. The lyrics don't have to be long at all, they can be just 2 lines that rhyme. Hell, it can be one word long if you aren't feeling too creative, just something, please. The idea is to get an idea about the subject of your rapping.
Sample "Rap" Action:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Again, it's all in the spirit of fun and you don't have to if you don't want to, but I feel it adds to the lulz. Also, slang is greatly encouraged.

Character Sheet:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 05:42:06 pm by Wilfred of Ivanhoe »
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Rap: Save the Hip-Hop Industry
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 02:08:59 pm »

Stage Name: Doc J
Group Name and Members(optional): N/A
Hometown: Straight outta Compton.
Background: Randall was a solid student back in high school days, but high school in Compton has this way of not really leading anywhere. You graduate, then what? You shelf stack, or surf a drive through window. Or you work the streets, selling yourself or selling crack. Randall spent a year or two drifting, and as an intelligent young man found himself getting frustrated. He is angry. So is his music. Think Nirvana, but rap. Society has abandoned him and those like him, so Randall is thier voice. Or, at least, he wants to be.
This is a blank sig.

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 12:13:04 pm »

Background: Randall was a solid student back in high school days, but high school in Compton has this way of not really leading anywhere. You graduate, then what? You shelf stack, or surf a drive through window. Or you work the streets, selling yourself or selling crack. Randall spent a year or two drifting, and as an intelligent young man found himself getting frustrated. He is angry. So is his music. Think Nirvana, but rap. Society has abandoned him and those like him, so Randall is thier voice. Or, at least, he wants to be.

You arive in San Fransisco, California with [3] $300 on your person and the itch to spit bars. This place is going to experience some real change.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 12:15:53 pm by Wilfred of Ivanhoe »
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 03:15:01 pm »

I'll bite.

Stage Name: Kelly
Group Name and Members(optional, up to 6): Pass the Swordfish, Featuring Randall, Murray, and Mac.
Hometown: Boston, the one on the east coast.
Background: After a generic white life in the Boston Suburbia, Jackson was fed up. He wanted to be cool, and he wanted to get out of his generic mold. So he took off across the country with his buddies, going on a drunken drug filled adventure. They now arrive in San Fran, with a crazy dream. Re-invent hip hop.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 04:32:50 pm »

You arive in San Fransisco, California with [3] $300 on your person and the itch to spit bars. This place is going to experience some real change.

Sniff around to find some kind of open mic night, where I could make a splash of some kind.
This is a blank sig.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 07:48:04 pm »

Stage Name: Bad Juju

Hometown: Philadelphia, born and raised.

Group Name and Members(optional): Blak Puppetz with Jim, Jerry, Johnny, Jake and Jinx.

Background: Born in the most stereotypical black jewish family, Charlie managed to run away before they cut off most of his valued body parts and was later educated by his aunt. His aunt was an even more stereotypical voodoo lady and our hero had learned some tricks of dark magics from her, while avoiding becoming yet another nameless mook, and to make thing s right and change his life, he stated rapping. He knew he could kick ass, and he soon got all of his money and left. He is currently 24 years old, and is about six foot ten.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:20:42 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 04:47:02 pm »

Edit: Proper Update

I'll bite.

Stage Name: Kelly
Group Name and Members(optional, up to 6): Pass the Swordfish, Featuring Randall, Murray, and Mac.
Hometown: Boston, the one on the east coast.
Background: After a generic white life in the Boston Suburbia, Jackson was fed up. He wanted to be cool, and he wanted to get out of his generic mold. So he took off across the country with his buddies, going on a drunken drug filled adventure. They now arrive in San Fran, with a crazy dream. Re-invent hip hop.

You and "Pass the Swordfish" arrive fresh off the bus in the heart of San Francisco. The city is alive with people of all sorts and you're itching to get your hands on some mic, somewhere. Your hard-ass partying has left you with only [1] $100 between you all, but you feel ready to take on the whole city!

Sniff around to find some kind of open mic night, where I could make a splash of some kind.

[6] After walking around the south side of San Fran for a bit, you see a seemingly popular club on the corner with a really long line. There is, however, a sign that says, in bright neon pink, "OPEN MIC, SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT!" A couple of ladies in line give you a wink as you approach the corner. There is also a particularly drugged-out looking bouncer.

Stage Name: Bad Juju

Hometown: Philadelphia, born and raised.

Group Name and Members(optional): Blak Puppetz with Jim, Jerry, Johnny, Jake and Jinx.

Background: Born in the most stereotypical black jewish family, Charlie managed to run away before they cut off most of his valued body parts and was later educated by his aunt. His aunt was an even more stereotypical voodoo lady and our hero had learned some tricks of dark magics from her, while avoiding becoming yet another nameless mook, and to make thing s right and change his life, he stated rapping. He knew he could kick ass, and he soon got all of his money and left. He is currently 24 years old, and is about six foot ten.

As you and the "Blak Puppetz" get off of the bus and take in the sights, sounds, and smells of San Francisco, you feel a great bit of relief and energy that you've never felt before from you're sheltered black-Jewish life. Between the six of you, you have managed to scrounge up [2] $200. It'll be tough to get by at the start, but so is every true G's life. Tupac didn't start off in a Benz!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 05:19:06 pm by Wilfred of Ivanhoe »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 02:21:18 pm »

Look for audio equipment in the garbage, buy some other remaining stuff useful for making music. Keep a look out for rich guys walking around.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 04:20:37 pm »

Look for instruments that we can get for cheap!

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 08:21:57 am »

Look for audio equipment in the garbage, buy some other remaining stuff useful for making music. Keep a look out for rich guys walking around.
[4] You, Jim, and John rush into the back alley behind an electronics store and go dumpster diving for equipment and fine a beat-up amp and a dented microphone covered in brown sludge. [5] Jinx manages to find a pawn store that's selling a portable DJ set and cords for your other devices for a mere $100! [2] Jerry is unable to find folk that look terrible wealthy in comparison to you all.

Look for instruments that we can get for cheap!
[5] You, Randall, Murray, and Mac manage to find a pawn shop in the middle of downtown San Fran. A person walks out with what you find out to be the last DJ set they have, but the store owner, a frail looking old man in his late 60s, tells you that he has microphones and a synthesizer as well as an amp for $150.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 09:45:16 am »

((Shitty lyrics, I choose you!))
Buy it, and start performing in the middle of the street.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 02:22:28 pm »

Furiously Negotiate! If that fails, knock him out and loot the store!

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 04:02:15 pm »

((Shitty lyrics, I choose you!))
Buy it, and start performing in the middle of the street.
[4] Your lyrics catch the ears of passersby and a small crowd forms. You congest traffic with your small performance in the middle of the street. They're feeling your heavy beats and swole rhythms. A couple of dudes strip butt-naked start krumping and break-dancing on the pavement. Ouch. Noticing the total SwagFest 2015, a couple of suspicious-looking cars circle the area slowly.

Furiously Negotiate! If that fails, knock him out and loot the store!
[2] Despite your loud rants and threats, the old man refuses to lower the price on his goods, claiming that he has kids to feed too. [6] Angry, you leap over the counter and punch the old man in the head, knocking him unconscious. He would then fall over, cracking his skull on the glass case that served as a counter and bleeding profusely on the floor until death. You gaze at the corpse that lies in a heap of broken glass and blood before you. Street as fuuuuuuuuuck. This'll definitely add to your street cred. Anyway, Randall informs you that there isn't anyone else in the store and that it's completely at your mercy, for the time being.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:11:56 pm by Wilfred of Ivanhoe »

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 05:12:26 pm »

My first Bay12 game.

Character:

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 05:24:30 pm »

How coincidental, this is the first RtD game I ever ran!  :D I hope the experience I offer is a pleasant one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7