Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Arctic Addition Mod! [40.19] - Updated and Expanded!  (Read 11529 times)

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arctic Addition Mod! [40.16]
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2014, 12:56:48 pm »

Giant versions of creatures!  Because what fun is vermin for the cats to kill if their big cousins can't turn the tables like some old WB cartoon?  Also, those who look at the code may see I've differed from Toady on speeds here.  It's only because analysis of isometric growth does not seem to play any factor in speed (Hall's Laws of Locomotion, if I recall correctly).  Ergo, giant creatures should move at the same speed as their normal-sized counterparts.

Giant Hotheaded Borers!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Giant Lemmings!

Mammoth Mastodons!  Because the name just seemed right, that's why.

Giant Woolly Boars!

Giant Woolly Rhinoceroses!  Fun fact: spell 'rhinoceros' enough times and it loses all ability to ever appear correctly spelled.

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arctic Addition Mod! [40.16]
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 01:09:01 pm »

Anthropomorphic versions of creatures!  I have a suspicion that Toady has some criteria for what gets turned into an animal-folk, a giant version of an animal, and a were-creature; but I'll be dipped in the River Lethe if I know what those criteria might be.  Also as stated above, there may be some differences in speeds between Toady's animal-people and mine.

Hotheaded Borer People!

Lemming Folk!  Guess I give up my rights to making those lemming-kobolds, although I may still create a self-destructing quasi-civilized race in the future.

Humanoid Mastodons and Mastodonnas!

Woolly Boar Folk! Or depending on who you talk to, arctic pseudo-orcs.

Woolly Rhinoceros Kin!

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arctic Addition Mod! [40.19] - Updated and Expanded!
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 01:29:50 pm »

Megabeast - Blizzard Incarnate.  I wanted a storm that could get inside a fortress, so I made one.  This thing will knock your dwarves unconscious and into their own cage traps (which it avoids, because how can you capture the arctic winds themselves?), then it'll give them frostbite, rotting away their toes, fingers, and noses.  It may also attack your FPS and fill your errorlog with path fail entries.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2014, 02:03:36 pm »

Say, do you need some 16x graphics for those?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2014, 03:51:14 pm »

Ooh, love all the new critters! I do like the -folk suffix as a general collective noun, I might use that for my mod as well.

Really curious to see how the blizzard incarnate works! Suggestion: the plural for 'eye of the blizzard' should probably be 'eyes of the blizzard' not 'eyes of the blizzards'. Also, assuming ehis would work, one could easily adjust some of the values for to make tornadoes incarnate, monsoons incarnate, sandstorms incarnate... hell, if someone were really feeling sadistic they could make a firestorm incarnate that dwells in volcanoes... Of course, that's completely beyond the scope of this mod. Still an interesting idea - I might try developing it myself.

infiniteunrest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2014, 05:52:33 pm »

Really interesting, great work. A complete downloaded wouldn't go amiss though.

- Infinite
Pages: 1 [2]