Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "drive off" agreement not working?  (Read 1344 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"drive off" agreement not working?
« on: November 16, 2014, 08:47:24 pm »

Has anybody gotten this quest to work for dark pits? Because I'm trying to do the 'make them leave the site' method rather than the takeover method, but the quest isn't getting completed even though I've killed everybody. Even tried killing the trolls, but those just respawn.

I did a copy and then legends export to check the remaining population and legendsviewer says that there are two goblin outcasts somewhere and one human outcast. I suspect that the human outcast is one of my adventurers that got rubberbanded when they went out of range.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: "drive off" agreement not working?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 08:45:52 am »

I don't think you're supposed to kill them. Just rough up their leader a bit.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "drive off" agreement not working?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 09:15:46 am »

You're thinking of the cause trouble one.

I'm gathering a posse atm and am going to attack the goblins capital, or rather where the demon resides.

Also, I had crashed last night for some reason or other and am back at that dark pits, tried to claim site for myself and the agreement disappeared. I think maybe the 'cause trouble' and 'drive them off' quests don't work properly.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 10:14:22 am by smjjames »