Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tiles different on Linux and Windows Versions?  (Read 745 times)

holiday_hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tiles different on Linux and Windows Versions?
« on: November 17, 2014, 11:11:00 am »

I usually play DF on Windows, but I was on my Linux partition so I decided I would download it for that OS as well. I'm playing with the same tileset (Mayday), but many tiles and graphics seem really different, such as 0s being coffins on my linux version. Is this just how it is, or did I do something wrong? I'm fairly new to Linux, so I was thinking that maybe I just installed something wrong.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tiles different on Linux and Windows Versions?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 05:35:59 pm »

Are you using TwbT on one platform?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 07:55:28 am »

I'm pretty sure that 0's as beds are the vanilla tile setting. I don't know what Mayday looks like, but are you sure you have properly installed the tileset, and that the save was generated after installing the tileset?

If you did not properly install the tileset, then you can still change the save to it by replacing all raws in the save folder with those of the tileset. (I have no idea if that's the right way to install tilesets, but it's my best guess XD )
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 03:00:09 pm »

0 (zero) is a coffin in vanilla DF, while θ (theta) is a bed.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

holiday_hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 08:56:21 pm »

Sorry for the late reply, but I know it's exactly the same as it is on my Windows version, since I copied the Mayday folder over from the DF Windows starter pack, and it was still the same.

This is it on Windows

And this is it on Ubuntu, using a folder I copied over to the Lazy Newb Pack for Linux.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 09:00:19 pm »

You're using TwbT on Windows.

holiday_hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 09:39:39 pm »

Is there a way to use it, or something to the same effect on Linux?

christopher1006

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 07:04:18 am »

Yep. Open the Starter Pack, Graphics, Go down to the middle of the Applet under Advanced, Change print mode to TWBT and you should be good to go.

holiday_hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 10:31:43 am »

The only two options I have for print mode are "2D" and "standard."

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 02:53:45 pm »

Yep. Open the Starter Pack, Graphics, Go down to the middle of the Applet under Advanced, Change print mode to TWBT and you should be good to go.
This is for the Windows starter pack. Holiday_hawk is using Linux.

What DF version are you using? I don't believe there's a build of TwbT for v0.40.16 yet, but you could ask in the thread.

holiday_hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 04:33:47 pm »

I'll ask on that thread, thanks for the suggestion. Hopefully I can find something, I know it's a little detail, but seeing a coffin instead of a zero is just kinda annoying and silly. Thanks for all the help so far, Linux has been really cool so far, but also really intimidating, so I figured I must have messed something up on the install. Hopefully I can find something similar to TwbT for Linux!

Lyra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 01:10:14 am »

The last release for TwbT was for 0.40.13, and it seems to be included in that version of the LNP.  You can download it here (make sure to get the correct one).

The download is very slow for me, so I have not yet been able to verify that it includes TwbT.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:15:49 am by Lyra »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 04:21:38 am »

There's a build for 40.15 as well http://build.mifki.com/download/281/artifacts/twbt-5.32-linux.zip
I didn't do Linux build for 40.16 because by that time 40.17 already existed and now 40.18.. I hope dfhack will be released for it sooner than a new df version, and I will make Linux build for it.