Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Vampire guide  (Read 4064 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire guide
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 07:37:57 pm »

Did you get a bunch of green Os? They tell you where you can jump to.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 11:00:04 pm »

Finding your way into hell takes a long time and is reliant mostly on sheer chance, I believe. Basically wander around hell until you find a wide open space with undead things in it and a structure with a upright sword in it. You can remove the adamantine sword, which opens hell up.

Disclaimer: I haven't ever done this before and this is all based on what I've been told by other people, may be slightly inaccurate.

Disclaimer II: Demonic Boogaloo:
The structures that would let adventurers into hell don't exist anymore.

As far as rivers and swimming go, you only need one point in swimming to be able to get through a river but if you want to jump it make sure you have plenty of space between yourself and the river, press 'S' and select sprint (make sure you're standing) then run towards the river. When you're up next to it press 'j' and you will have a wide cone-shaped selection area flashing in front of you. Move your in-game cursor to a part that isn't water and hit enter, you'll jump across the river.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 11:08:29 pm »

The structures that would let adventurers into hell don't exist anymore.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 11:15:29 pm »

Well that's a bit of a problem. Can hell be accessed by the slade towers raised by demons? I don't believe I've found one yet so I haven't had a chance to explore them.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 11:17:37 pm »

No, those don't access hell either.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 11:22:42 pm »

So would I be right to assume that the only way to access hell in the current version is via an existing fortress that has breached an adamantine tube?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 11:24:17 pm »

Exacta.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 12:13:08 am »

No, although the demonic fortresses don't exist anymore, the spires still access hell.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 12:20:22 am »

No, although the demonic fortresses don't exist anymore, the spires still access hell.
Yeah, it just takes a long time. Head to the goblin capital.

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2014, 12:35:03 pm »

Also, prepare to be disappointed with the goblin capitols. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One other thing about finding caves - sometimes when you get info about the location of an enemy, they will be in a cave and this will give you the location of the cave.  At least this was the case in 34.11 - I'm not sure if I've had this happen yet in 40.xx, but I can't see why it would have changed.  Caves are marked as green circles on the map.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2014, 01:07:49 pm »

So I found what I believe to be a slade spire. Being the smart person I am I didn't check to see if it was made of slade though.
Huge tower, circular, widest building I've ever seen. Filled to the brim of trolls which were friendly towards me and mauling on the goblins dwelling inside. Exploring it's fucking labyrinth of troll-gore-rooms I found nothing but troll-gore and a single Goblin Lady who attacked me.

Anyways, killed her, went as high as I could, explored every room, no way down.

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2014, 03:59:42 pm »

So I found what I believe to be a slade spire. Being the smart person I am I didn't check to see if it was made of slade though.
Huge tower, circular, widest building I've ever seen. Filled to the brim of trolls which were friendly towards me and mauling on the goblins dwelling inside. Exploring it's fucking labyrinth of troll-gore-rooms I found nothing but troll-gore and a single Goblin Lady who attacked me.

Anyways, killed her, went as high as I could, explored every room, no way down.
This is consistent with what I have seen.  Some of the slade spires (and this is definitely what you found) have no way down.  Not sure if this is a bug or its meant to be this way.

ChildofSolitude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2014, 02:16:09 pm »

Interesting to note, my compainions didn't seem to care at all when I drank the blood of a dying bandit.

However, when I turned over to put one of our fallen comrades 'out of their misery', they attacked immediately. Odd.

(Also, as a vampire, you have an incredible resistance to pain; I once lost all of my limbs and had nervous damage in the spine and was still able to push the werebeast to death. I had to succumb immediately after, though, as I couldn't move.)

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2014, 05:19:55 pm »

Actually, you feel no pain at all, so you're not resisting it.

Also, you don't need to breathe either.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Sheer_Bliss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2014, 10:40:24 pm »

Whilst we're talking about vampires is anyone else having trouble finding them in 2014? In the older versions you could just spam the quest option till they told you about a night creature but there's so much extra stuff in DF2014 that the quest log just gets full of stuff.
Breaking thumbs since 2013
Pages: 1 [2] 3